Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92469 times)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #690 on: October 28, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »

Those character sheets are gonna take quite a bit of editing.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:57 pm »

Actually, a lot more than you think. I'm changing the Character Sheets a good bit - Caboose's Character Sheet (The first Character Sheet http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105458.msg3124366#msg3124366) has been the first to be updated, if anyone wants to take a look. Feedback would be appreciated before I go editing them all to look like that.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 29, 2012, 12:05:33 am »

I noticed that the accuracy bonus section seems based on 1 percent per level. So, that means that my accuracy bonus for rifles/SMGs/etc. would drop, at least for now, right?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:54 am »

Caboose, oh beautiful giant of a monstrosity elf line of characters, how you've changed so much!
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 29, 2012, 12:10:29 am »

Yeah Doom, because of the Soft Level Cap increase to 100, but in the long run you'll of course be able to get it higher than you could have previously.

(If you managed to get the Race Specialty, Weapon Skill, and Specific Weapon Skill up to 100 that'd be +300%, an effective range increase of 60 Tiles.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 29, 2012, 12:28:02 am »

Warning: As some of you probably know, I'm kind of bad at explaining game mechanics without making them sound a bit complicated - But I'll explain this anyways;

There's now a proper system for Encumbrance - Making the Armour skills much more useful.

Your Head, Chest, Hands, Wrists, Shoulders, Legs and Feet Equipment Slots are considered 'Major' Equipment Slots.

Each piece of equipment/gear has an encumbrance value based on its Armour Class. (Light - Medium - Heavy)

The combined Encumbrance of equipment in Major Slots is added together, then averaged out to get your base Encumbrance level - Then encumbrance from additional pieces of equipment, and the weight of everything you're carrying (1% Filled Capacity would be +1 Encumbrance) is added onto that.

The higher your Encumbrance Level, (Measured at intervals of 25.) the more costly sprinting is and eventually - the more costly walking is, until you're so weighed down you just can't move at all.

Light Armour has a default Encumbrance Value of 100 (If it's an additional piece of equipment/Not in a Major Equipment Slot - It'll probably be 5)
Medium Armour would be 200/10, and Heavy Armour 300/15.
And the Encumbrance values of the equipment on your legs and feet are increased by 50%.

Your skill in every Armour Skill save for Unarmoured (Unarmoured works differently), reduces the Encumbrance value of a piece of Armour by 1 per Level. (If it's an additional piece of equipment, it'll usually take 20 Levels to decrease the Encumbrance by 1)
So a Legendary (Level 100) Light Armour User, could wear Light Armour as if it were nothing at all.
A Legendary Medium Armour user could use Medium Armour as if it were Light Armour, and a Legendary Heavy Armour user could use Heavy Armour as if it were Medium Armour.

At 350 Encumbrance, you'll be unable to move. (If you were completely covered in Heavy Armour that you couldn't, or only to some extent knew how to use - And were carrying lots of stuff with you)
At 300 Encumbrance, (If you were using full Heavy Armour, but didn't know how to use it: Or were using some additional equipment and carrying a lot of stuff.) Sprinting would cost Sprint 32 AP and 16 Energy (Making it very inefficient; Useful only if you REALLY need to move, and do something else that costs less than 18 AP.)
At 200 Encumbrance, you are just barely Over-Encumbered, Walking costs 30 AP and Sprinting costs 24 AP and 12 Energy.
At 100 Encumbrance, you can Sprint at 16 AP + 8 Energy (3 Tiles a full Turn)
At 25 Encumbrance you can Sprint 10 AP + 5 Energy (5 Tiles a full Turn)
Then there are all those random intervals between that. (Though 325 is actually still treated as 300)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:31:30 am by Aninimouse »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 29, 2012, 01:14:23 am »

So I'm thinking about rejoining this. Is it possible to just pick up where I left off as Sally? And if so, is there anything pertinent in these rule changes or world events I should know about?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 29, 2012, 01:19:58 am »

So I'm thinking about rejoining this. Is it possible to just pick up where I left off as Sally? And if so, is there anything pertinent in these rule changes or world events I should know about?

Of course you can continue where you left off with Sally (And Caboose).
There have been a good amount of changes to the game mechanics/rules since you last left off, but I don't think it's any that you'd had the chance to familiarize yourself with.
As for world events, the game still hasn't been going on long enough for stuff like that to start happening - and even if there had been important events, you'd still start where you'd left off with Sally - And you'd have to "Catch up" to the current time when possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 29, 2012, 01:23:09 am »

Hmm, all right. I guess I'll have to trawl the main thread and see what the last time I posted was.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 29, 2012, 01:38:04 am »

Just curious here, but how does unarmored work? You mentioned it was different than the other armor skills.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:00 am »

Every 2 Levels in Unarmoured gives a passive +1 Defense bonus to whatever limbs are Unarmoured, so someone who is very good with the Unarmoured Skill will be almost as effective as someone using Light Armour - Without the additional weight.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2012, 02:01:47 am »

Only two more people need to join before I have to make another Reserved Post expansion...

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2012, 02:10:49 am »

A quick question for the future, are there any requirements for a second character?

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2012, 02:31:24 am »

Hmm, so how encumbered would my character be if I put on full medium armor?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57