Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92530 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #630 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:24 pm »

It isn't the equivalent to a immediate post-WW2 US/Europe - It's either just before WW2, or during it - Technology-wise for the most part. Of course, all that stuff like Magic and Airships changes things a good bit on their own.

There are indeed Telephones, but Televisions haven't really taken off yet.

Only the major Towns/Cities would be connected where you are.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 26, 2012, 03:51:16 pm »

I knew it was somewhere around that period, wasn't sure whether or not you had said during or after though.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

There are still places in the world, 2012 and all, where there isn't electricity or telephones or even sanitation to the level of outhouses. I'm not suprised that the backwoods jungle out here has no land phones.

By the way, the Taubin AG-2 could be a base for the AGI H-55. I was actually thinking of the US Mk19, which was a 1960s weapon when I thought of it, but the AG-2 was a Pre-WW2 russian prototype that wasn't ever really employed. It would fit well.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 26, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »

Well as I said earlier, an Automatic Grenade Launcher itself wasn't a problem - The Dwarves would have some weapons like that.

Unless Drash would be against using Dwarvern technology for whatever reason, but I don't think that's the case.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 26, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

Of course not. It's one of the 4. Human, Goblin, Dwarf, and Gnome. 5 each.

I just ran across this prewar prototype thing, and thought I'd mention it.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #635 on: October 26, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »

question how much are elf's dedicated to protecting nature in modieval? do they punish a wood cutter with a small punishment or are they shotgun blasting wood cutters because they tried to chop down a  tree.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 26, 2012, 10:36:35 pm »

I get the impression that they're much looser now, but I don't know- some of them have no problem with war, some do, it seems. Anini, is there some sort of background/fluff doc we can read if we're curious?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 26, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »

Well as I sort of said before: There are the 'Traditional'/Ecanominian Elves, Elves that joined the Rhoduarians or Britenaians, and the Thelenawen Elves.

The Ecanominians are the ones that care about Nature - So much so that they've pretty much gone into hermit mode in their Forest in the Core Territories. They dislike everyone now (And hate the Dwarves), and refuse to have anything to do with the more recent technological advancements. (Firearms, Motorcars, Etc.) But they're the smallest of the Factions now, so they can't really do anything about everyone else.
They only use Magic, and Older weapons. (Swords and Bows)

Then there are the Elves that have joined the Rhoduarians or Britenaians, which for the most part follow their ideals. Though most of them care pretty deeply about nature, they understand that expansion, and these technological advancements are important. (Though they still don't really like all that too much.)
They are, of course, greatly outnumbered by the Humans of those two nations.

Then there are the Thelenawen Elves, who have been around since the age that Medieval took place in. While they still care about and respect Nature - They're much more Industrious, and even Warlike. (Most often fighting the Orcs)
They utilize a lot of the newer technologies, but they do still use a lot of older weapons as well.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 26, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »

... Varin probably fits the Thelenawen mold, then. Just thinking.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 26, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »

... Varin probably fits the Thelenawen mold, then. Just thinking.

Well, considering where he is - He's probably a Rhoduarian-'Merged' Elf, or at least his parents were - Though them being mercenaries, they would have almost definitely have been Thelenawen themselves.

And if you guys do have questions like these, feel free to ask them all. I'll of course answer most of them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 26, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »

I was just wondering if you have sort of a race faction/information list somewhere, for us curious folk.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 26, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »

Nothing that isn't too informative for player use. Not yet anyways.

There are the Rhoduarians - Original Human Guys. Also includes random bits of other races. They're a major power.

There are the Britenaians - Human Guys that broke away from the Rhoduarians during the Territory Wars. Like the Rhoduarians, there are random groups from other races with them too. They're a major power.

There are the Elves that I explained up there in the other post. ^ The Thelenawen are a major power, while the Ecanominians only used to be one.

There are the Gnomes, they're a smaller Faction/Race/Nation, and they're somewhat similar to the Thelenawen - Minus the Warlike bits. Most of them respect, and wish to protect Nature in every way they can. (The more extreme of them joined the Ecanominians though)
However, due to their small size and numbers, they've needed to rely on Technology for survival.

Then there are the Dwarves - They're Dwarves. Very industrial and such. Beards and Ale. They're a major power.

Then there are the Goblins, which are actually a group of Goblins, Hobgoblins and Kobolds. (And some other races.) They aren't any more evil than anyone else, but after the Territory wars - Most of them keep to themselves, up in their Territory. A lot of them have joined other races, mostly the Humans - and some the Orcs.

Then there are the Orcs, they're quite industrious and very, very warlike. However, they aren't evil, stupid or anything like that. They're pretty intelligent, but also pretty obsessed with honour and all that. They're a major power, and no one but the Thelenawen really messes with them unless they have to. (And likewise, the Orcs don't mess with anyone else unless it'd be a fair fight - Or they started it first.)

There are a number of other, more minor races. Ogres and Trolls - Neither have a faction of their own. Most of them are still a part of tribes and such, out in frontier areas and the like. However, some of them have either joined the Goblins/Orcs - Or more 'civilized' ones have joined the Rhoduarians/Britenaians/Dwarves, but that's a pretty small number of them and most of those are servants, workers and the like. Most of them are pretty stupid.
There are also the Hill Giants, whom don't have a Faction of their own. They were pretty few in number during the age that Medieval took place during - and still are. However, another, larger group of them was found in the Midwestern Territories when they were first explored, and by now - Almost all of the Hill Giants are part of Rhoduaria. They're pretty peaceful, but they also aren't too bright. (Compared to everyone else at least.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:54:29 pm by Aninimouse »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 26, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

The Rhoduarians are an evil people who'd chase a poor old man with an army, don't trust any of them!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 27, 2012, 12:04:19 am »

My question now is, Will they blend?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:56 am »

My question now is, Will they blend?

If the Thelenawen make them.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57