Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92311 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:42 am »

Here's hoping that command will give me a free pistol... Rifles like mine are probably not suited for short range, and I have shown good pistol skills, so I hope they give me one.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2012, 10:19:09 am »

Child of Armok:

You know those are just Combat Knives, not Throwing Knives, right? You could throw them, but Throwing Knives would be better for that.

(Just want to make sure, because you're buying three of them.)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2012, 10:36:06 am »

i know, but can i also buy throwing knifes?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:51 am »

Yup
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:14 am »

howmuch do they cost?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2012, 11:05:32 am »

[Copper Throwing Knife] 5₵

[Bronze Throwing Knife] 14₵

[Iron Throwing Knife] 24₵

[Steel Throwing Knife] 40₵

You have enough Inventory Space to carry 5 of them at the most.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:03 pm »

Doomblade:

The strangeness with the accuracy might have just been because I'm still using the 'old' accuracy system, which was meant for when I was using the Images instead of ASCII. The maps were quite a bit smaller then because the tiles were larger, and weapons had to be a much shorter range for accuracy to even matter. :P But now I've just started messing with this new combat system, and ASCII maps which are much larger so your effective range is pretty short compared to the rest of the map.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 26, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

Still, it's a rifle, and they're only one building away... Should I assume the length of one ARMA 2 hanger for that building?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:20 pm »

Still, it's a rifle, and they're only one building away...

I just explained the reason behind that. :P The distance between you and the target now would have probably been one of the larger of the combat grid/maps with the old system. If you could have quickly and easily shot someone from that distance before, accuracy would be pretty meaningless because there never would have been something you couldn't almost guarantee hitting. The range of weapons will probably be increased now, but the new combat system is still very much experimental. That's why there are a few inconsistencies between different people's fights atm. (And an above average amount of mistakes on my part. :P)

Should I assume the length of one ARMA 2 hanger for that building?

No, definitely not just that building alone if that's what you mean. I forget exactly how long one of those hangars are, but I'd say the distance between you and the rifleman is about that maybe.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2012, 05:24:13 am »

Just wondering what kind of armor would the combat vest be classified as?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2012, 05:26:10 am »

Combat vest is light.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2012, 05:50:31 am »

Looking at the training board and my list of skills I'm guessing my characters previous training for being an ambassador and being a commander are forgotten?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 27, 2012, 05:57:31 am »

Forgotten by who? RPMC? No, but you'd have to take the Squad Tactics classes as a formality, though with your experience, there's no chance you'd have any problems with them.

Although, you're still only a Private. Even if you did pass the classes, you still need to reach the rank of Corporal to actually take command of a Squad.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

((Learning from these merc's ROCKS! It's free exp for my useful skills! YES PLEASE!))

A) Go check to see if my new team has arrived yet. If they haven't take an unarmored course.
And I'm sent straight into a warzone. May be due to past training but still...

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »

((Learning from these merc's ROCKS! It's free exp for my useful skills! YES PLEASE!))

A) Go check to see if my new team has arrived yet. If they haven't take an unarmored course.
And I'm sent straight into a warzone. May be due to past training but still...

Zako could have gotten his way into that warzone faster than you if he had joined a Joint Operations Squad. :P You've been a part of RPMC for a month or so now.

In your Short History you had said you had become a mercenary already, and a "Few months after that" learned about your kingdom falling.

Zako was in-between jobs and was looking to join RPMC when he started.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57