Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92477 times)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:57 pm »

I don't want to take off my weapons. If I do I'm vulnerable. My character would not take off his weapons. So I want to speak to Garten outside because then I don't have to take off my weapons.

Well, if you look at it from the guard's perspective...

"Hey, I'm some random guy you probably haven't seen before, I'm here to see your leader!.. What? No, I'm not giving you these weapons before I see him. Bring him out here so I don't have to give you my weapons! I won't kill him, I promise."

Just wanted to point that out. :P
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2012, 11:22:14 pm »

~Darius' Spells~

~Arcane~
1. Spirit Sight
The caster opens his mind to the world of the unseen, allowing him to view and communicate with spirits, as well as a host of other hard-find things.

2. Binding
The caster is able to pit himself into a battle of wills with a spirit, issuing one command which the spirit must obey. At the cost of EP, the Binding may be made to last for multiple commands, or the Spirit may be enthralled for a near-infinite amount of time.

3. Summoning Trance
The caster is able to enter a trance state, opening a rift to the spirit realm by which he may call forth spirits of all kinds. He will still need to have cast Spirit Sight to communicate with them.

~Air~
4. Weather Control
The caster is able to alter the weather patterns of a given area, calling in rain or snow, or even high winds. At an extra cost, they may turn a simple rain into a thunderstorm.

~Water~
5. Blessed Waters
The caster is able to bless water, which then take on an almost holy attribute. If injuries are cleansed with this water, they will heal at a greatly increased rate.

6. Scrying Pool
Using a still, clear pool of water as a mirror, the caster is able to remotely view any person, creature, or location with which they are familiar. The more knowledge they have on a subject, the clearer the picture.

If Scrying Pool is not allowed, add the following spell to Air:

#. Thunder and Lightning
The caster is able to call down first a clap of thunder, and then (probably a round later), a strike of lightning to hit one targeted area. Anyone caught in the blast is injured, as if they were struck by lightning.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:26:32 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2012, 11:24:52 pm »

Lightning and stuff has its own element.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2012, 11:26:06 pm »

Ah, right, forgot Shock was a thing.

Figured it would fit with air, because...y'know, Air is weather, and that's basically just an extension of weather control.

I guess scrap that. If Scrying Pool doesn't work out, I'll come up with something else.
Also, editing that post to change Rain Dance's name.

E: quick rundown of why I chose these spells.
The primary goal was to create a list of spells that were reasonably shamanish, but which would aid a Private Investigator in their work. Spirit Sight is for finding things, as well as contacting the dead. Binding and Summoning Trance are to utilize informants on ~~the other side~~
Scrying Pool, obviously, is to help hunt down the perp and/or potential witnesses.

Weather Control just sounded like a reasonably Shamany thing, and Blessed Waters also does, though it also has the added benefit of being a healing spell.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:30:10 pm by thatkid »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:14 pm »

You could make the thunder part a wind spell. It's separate from electricity, and wind is the closest fit available. It could be used for stunning or something.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2012, 11:31:23 pm »

You could make the thunder part a wind spell. It's separate from electricity, and wind is the closest fit available. It could be used for stunning or something.
True, I guess I'll do that if I Scrying Pool doesn't fit! Some sort of sonic damage would probably be a cool idea.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2012, 11:31:59 pm »

I think I'll go to bed, work on Sally's spells tomorrow. Lillipad, are you going to start with any, or do you want to try to learn some off of her? If so, what should I focus on (offense, defense, support spells)?

For reference, she has 5 each in Air, Fire, Water, Stone, and Heart Light.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2012, 11:35:37 pm »

Start off however you want, I can't steal spells until I have skill in that type, so it's not worth bothering over right now.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:40 pm »

I think I'll go to bed, work on Sally's spells tomorrow. Lillipad, are you going to start with any, or do you want to try to learn some off of her? If so, what should I focus on (offense, defense, support spells)?

For reference, she has 5 each in Air, Fire, Water, Stone, and Heart Light.
You should pick things that would conceivably help out around a ranch or farm, but then twist them a bit to make them useful to an adventurer too! Flavor!
Like, you could have a fire spell that creates a sustained flame. Helpful for those lonely nights while herding, but also for lobbing a fireball at someone! Or a spell that superheats metal! A great way to disarm a swordsman, but also makes branding livestock that much easier!

The possibilities are endlessssss *zones out and drifts off*

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:36 pm »

They all seem good, although Weather Control would cost a lot of Mana to use, so much so, that you probably wouldn't be able to use it for quite some time, or until you managed to get your hands on a lot of heavily enchanted items.

Also, for the Scrying Pool Spell, it's fine, although keep in mind distance would have an effect on the amount of mana that would be needed to be channeled into the Scrying Pool. You wouldn't be able to view people/places that are very far away without the use of a sizable amount of mana, that you may or may not actually have.

Start off however you want, I can't steal spells until I have skill in that type, so it's not worth bothering over right now.

Just to point it out, Players can teach each other spells and skills they know. Caboose doesn't need to steal spells from Sally.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »

They all seem good, although Weather Control would cost a lot of Mana to use, so much so, that you probably wouldn't be able to use it for quite some time, or until you managed to get your hands on a lot of heavily enchanted items.

Also, for the Scrying Pool Spell, it's fine, although keep in mind distance would have an effect on the amount of mana that would be needed to be channeled into the Scrying Pool. You wouldn't be able to view people/places that are very far away without the use of a sizable amount of mana, that you may or may not actually have.

Snazzy.

What happens if I try to cast Scrying Pool, or any other spell, and I don't have enough mana?

E: Also, how does one go about training skills? Could I get better with a gun by going to a firing range? Could I train my Arcane Magic Skill by experimenting and practicing with Arcane Spells, or would I need a book for that?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:47:43 pm by thatkid »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »

Stealing the spells would be easier, we wouldn't have to stop outside of battles, and I could learn more at once.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

You'll burn up all your mana, but not actually successfully cast the spell. (And probably give yourself a bit of a headache)

Not the best situation to be in while in combat, or any other sort of danger.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2012, 11:50:46 pm »

Ok, cool. I was expecting it to, like, begin to use my HP to complete the spell or something.
Speaking of, is there a way to do that?

Also, how does one go about training skills? Could I get better with a gun by going to a firing range? Could I train my Arcane Magic Skill by experimenting and practicing with Arcane Spells, or would I need a book for that?

So many questions...sorry

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2012, 12:00:23 am »

Ok, cool. I was expecting it to, like, begin to use my HP to complete the spell or something.
Speaking of, is there a way to do that?

I'd imagine if there was a way to do that, it would be with Shadow Magic.

Also, how does one go about training skills? Could I get better with a gun by going to a firing range? Could I train my Arcane Magic Skill by experimenting and practicing with Arcane Spells, or would I need a book for that?

Yes, you can head to a firing range to practice with Guns, and practice spells by using them. You'll learn quicker through actual battle though, and Magic-Wise, reading books and being taught by superior mages would also be more effective.

So many questions...sorry

Well that's one of the biggest reasons there's an OOC thread to begin with, questions.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57