Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New version out!  (Read 21658 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: New version out!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:39 am »

We've all already agreed on this.  Nothing involving DF's actual gameplay will ever be represented by and corporation.  The fact that TIME did an article is astounding.  The sheer violence, depravity, gore, and brutal bloodshed is enough to put any company into so much legal issues that bankruptcy would only occur after ritualistic sepeku.  DF surpasses all the worst video game and movie gore, it's just lucky that ASCII is forgiving, or else we'd all be doomed.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

The sheer violence, depravity, gore, and brutal bloodshed is enough to put any company into so much legal issues that bankruptcy would only occur after ritualistic sepeku.

Um... How about HBO?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:39 am »

We've all already agreed on this.  Nothing involving DF's actual gameplay will ever be represented by and corporation.  The fact that TIME did an article is astounding.  The sheer violence, depravity, gore, and brutal bloodshed is enough to put any company into so much legal issues that bankruptcy would only occur after ritualistic sepeku.  DF surpasses all the worst video game and movie gore, it's just lucky that ASCII is forgiving, or else we'd all be doomed.

d'aww... that's a buzz kill if I've ever heard/read one. Suppose I can't argue, though. After all, not only does it completely true, but it has the entire forum backing it...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 11:33:03 am »

I might just cry with tears of joy if clothing is fixed, as that was always my most favourite industry in 40d... and I feel wrong for badly neglecting it since .31 seeing as nobody actually bothered wearing my wonderful midnight blue silk socks.
This is a blank sig.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:16 am »

Having read about people who went through towns biting the arms off children and then beating the parents to death with the limbless corpses of their kids...  Yea...  This game makes your average slasher flick look like MLP.  Then there are the more psychological horrors such as Dwarven Child Care.

Speaking of horrors... do giant sponges still have the tamable and mount tags? 
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

I might just cry with tears of joy if clothing is fixed, as that was always my most favourite industry in 40d... and I feel wrong for badly neglecting it since .31 seeing as nobody actually bothered wearing my wonderful midnight blue silk socks.

They do go to their rooms and put on their stored clothing loot, even the children.  Just be sure you have enough clothing for all of the kids if you move an older fortress, because they will tantrum if they have to walk around naked for a season.  After that they start going insane.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:44 am »

So, elf's are now tamable?  :D

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 11:38:28 am »

Don't you worry, it IS fixed now. I had a child throw a tantrum and kill a cat by throwing a rock at it because the lack of clothes embarrased him.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 11:52:45 am »

Don't you worry, it IS fixed now. I had a child throw a tantrum and kill a cat by throwing a rock at it because the lack of clothes embarrased him.
Yes BUUUT This means they will actually PICK UP clothes you have made for them?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Patroclus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 11:57:27 am »

So is there a specific outfit you can designate for civilian clothing?  Or will they just grab whatever pieces of clothing happen to be on hand and throw it on?
I want Hell to be a place where my dwarves can live in peace and harmony.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 11:57:47 am »

Yes BUUUT This means they will actually PICK UP clothes you have made for them?
Indeed.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 12:01:50 pm »

2012 brings us great updates!
As soon as I'm in a better financial position, and after buying a new pc (my craptop is 8 years old), I really need to donate.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 12:06:35 pm »

d'aww... that's a buzz kill if I've ever heard/read one. Suppose I can't argue, though. After all, not only does it completely true, but it has the entire forum backing it...

The pilot would be interesting. A slate of 7 b-list celebrities would start standing around a wagon, doing absolutely nothing. They would die of starvation, all the while complaining about the lack of beds. After the first commercial break, another round of 7 would start the same way, only to be ripped to shreds by a badger within instants.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 12:11:33 pm »

So,  can we tame animal people now o3o?
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 12:19:44 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa my standard method of bringing an animal trainer and some dogs doesn't woooork aaaaaa

In other news, there was a little sea enclosed by land on my map and I'm embarking on it. Gonna make me a floating fortress.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7