Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177597 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back!)
« Reply #705 on: June 06, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

(...That's what I get for forgetting to cloak. >.<)

Jenny swung down to the floor below her with her grapnel and continued to give chase. If she caught sight of the man and had a clear line of attack, she'd fling the grapnel at him and try to restrain him.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:34:32 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 06, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »

Nicholas shrugs, steps down from the hood of the car and finally tries to recognize the man who gave him the dart gun. Come on, memory, he is -right- in front of you!
"Team, I just gave chase to a car and smashed into it just because I had a strange feeling."
 Admittedly not the best way to phrase the situation.

"Hello there." Nicholas said, leaping from the hood, his red cape fluttering behind him in a very out-of-place display of supposed knighthood or heroism for someone who had just screwed with the traffic for a gut feeling.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:50:49 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 07, 2012, 12:11:36 am »

"I have a runner! He's going for the south stairs! I'm in pursuit!"

Chase that mystery man and tackle him to the ground! As soon as I get bodily contact, snap drain him to unconciousness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 07, 2012, 12:29:42 am »

"...and now I'm handing this over to you, inspector guard. We have to carry out our maintenance after all." Ires said, smiling to the nearby security guard. "Keep an eye out on briefcases."

Check the ground floor for any stray people. If found any, ask them calmly to move to the exit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 07, 2012, 09:34:30 am »

Action: Keep up the pursuit of my target!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Seventy-Three! In which
« Reply #710 on: June 07, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »

Seventy-third turn.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Agent Maxwell hooked her grapnel to the railing, climbed over, and swung down to the second floor, using her momentum to kick open the door as she did so.  [3] She caught a glimpse of the man entering the lift, but he mashed the close button as soon as he spotted her and the doors rumbled shut in her face.
Agent Fortmüller explained his situation to the rest of the team.  "Team, I just gave chase to a car and smashed into it just because I had a strange feeling."  He quickly regretted his choice of words, but shrugged it off and turned his attention to the man he'd been chasing.  "Hello there."
[6] The man was either Agent Marc Holischuk or John Kennedy.  Probably the former.  Probably a trustworthy agent, from the few reports Nicholas had seen on the man.  No black marks on his record, at least.
"Um, hello again, Fire Fighter.  What are you doing on my car?"
Agent Conners announced "I have a runner!  He's going for the south stairs!  I'm in pursuit!" as she did exactly that.  [5] She caught him as he slowed down on the stairs, draining him into unconsciousness in a couple of seconds.
Agent Reon found the nearest security guard and got him to keep the crowd in line as she searched the ground floor for stragglers.  [hidden search check] She spotted somebody milling about away from the crowd and moved to investigate, but he turned around and turned out to be another security guard.
Agent Green chased his quarry up the stairs.  The man exited on the second floor when he spotted Jenny, Jenny swung down to chase him, and Desmond caught up in time to see the elevator doors close in Jenny's face.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 07, 2012, 04:31:56 pm »

He quickly regretted his choice of words
((Nicholas never regrets.))

Make the suit analyze the dart gun this time. The sniper rifle must be attached to the back of the Warlord, so it should be easy.

"I remembered I wanted to thank you for bringing my dart gun and I also wanted to talk to you directly about the case, but it seems I badly miscalculated my small leap. You know, I still have to make some improvements to this suit."

If the agent gets too aggressive or curious then Nicholas starts to squirm his suit's fingers like a mad scientist on crack.

"Do you want me to fix the car? I could make some improvements. Yessss...Improvements..."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 07, 2012, 04:41:07 pm »

"No, I don't think you'll be getting away that easily." Jenny attempted to create an EMP burst, one powerful enough to hopefully shut down the entire building and thus stop the elevator. "Des, can you go up and try to intercept him while I do this? Maybe you could drop down onto the elevator if my plan works and get him."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 07, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »

"I've caught my runner. He tried to attack me before he ran so he must have been hiding something."

Lisa gently pressed her ear against the suitcase and listened intently.

"I'm not opening his suitcase until Desmond tells me that it's not a bomb. I'm moving it outside away from the building and people, so I could use a hand with the suitcase desmond."

Listen closely to the briefcase for a moment to check for ticking, then reguardless if I hear anything or not, grab both the man and case, drop the dude with security with orders to restrain him and grab a spare guard or two and run outside away from the crowd and buildings and put the suitcase down and clear the area for 75 meters around it with the help of the guards.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 07, 2012, 10:26:19 pm »

Ires figured this was as good a start as any.

"Excuse me, sir. Have you seen any other people that aren't in classy suits and police uniforms in the building? We're conducting a maintenance drill."

Question for any other evidence of other people.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:08 am »

Action: Head up to the next floor and hopefully intercept the man. If Jenny disables it, open the elevator door and jump down into the shaft on top of him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn the seventy-forth.  Caellath: yeah, I realized that after.  I don't regret my choice of words though  :P

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller got his suit to analyze the dart gun as he distracted the agent.  "I remembered I wanted to thank you for bringing my dart gun and I also wanted to talk to you directly about the case, but it seems I badly miscalculated my small leap.  You know, I still have to make some improvements to this suit."
"Uh.  You... uh.  You're... welcome."
"Do you want me to fix the car?  I could make some improvements.  Yessss... improvements..."
"...that'll be alright."
[4] The suit's readings came back.  The dart gun was exactly the same as it had been last time it had been scanned, during the New York mission.
"So... you wanted to talk to me about the case?"
Agent Maxwell [6+2] let out a powerful burst of electromagnetic energy, interrupting power to the entire block, making the team's heads-up displays disappear, and causing an unpleasant static noise in the team's ear pieces.  She put her ear to the lift door, and noted the elevator had stopped.
Agent Conners reported once again.  "I've caught my runner.  He tried to attack me before he ran so he must have been hiding something."  She put her head up against the suitcase and listened; [hidden listen check] it might have been her imagination, but there was an extremely faint low-pitched hum, almost inaudible.
"I'm not opening his suitcase until Desmond tells me that it's not a bomb.  I'm moving it outside away from the building and people, so I could use a hand with the suitcase Desmond."
Her reports weren't heard due to Jenny's interference.  She dropped the man's unconscious body off at the security station and took the suitcase and some guards out of the building, looking for a clear and open space to place it.  [2] She just couldn't find anywhere nearby.
Agent Reon went up to the security guard and asked him, "Excuse me, sir.  Have you seen any other people that aren't in classy suits and police uniforms in the building?  We're conducting a maintenance drill."
[4+1] "Well, I've seen plenty of people in cheap suits and security uniforms.  I also saw a couple people dressed like you, all spy suits and masks, and someone clonking around in a giant powered armour suit.  Hmm... besides that, I saw a few people heading in the opposite direction of the crowd a couple minutes ago."
Agent Green took the stairs up to the third floor and [6] forced open the elevator door, warping it inward slightly.  He dropped down on the elevator car below him, to a stream of curses from inside it, [1] but there was no emergency hatch on the roof, and looking up Desmond realized he was too far down to get back up.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:38:31 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 08, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

Nicholas turned his head back, glad for both the interruption and for making his suit EMP-proof.

"Well, it seems my team is having some problems. I'll talk to you later, call for me to fix the car when I get back to the base."

Run back to the building and start to search for the men mentioned before the comms channel went silent.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 08, 2012, 06:16:50 pm »

Desmond took a moment. No escape hatch? Serious violation of building code.

He also realized that while the man with probable bomb would be disabled, he'd probably be trapped in an elevator with no easy way out, unless the EMP was temporary.

Action: Peel away the elevator roof-trying not to send the elevator plummeting-and hop inside, knocking out all the bad guys at close range. That's the plan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 08, 2012, 07:25:31 pm »

"May have overdone it a little," Jenny noted sheepishly to herself. Still, that had been impressive. A loud thump in the shaft told her Des had followed the plan; hopefully by now he was moping up the fool. When power got restored, they could easily get them out. And speaking of getting power restored, surely this place had a back-up generator. She headed to the basement to find it and activate it.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 86