Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177603 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (The password isn't swordfish)
« Reply #495 on: May 08, 2012, 06:21:21 am »

Desmond arrived in time to see Iraes land on her face-throw by Nichloas. His hand clenched into a fist for a moment, then he went over to help...

Action: Assist in the throwing if possible, or at least make sure Iraes doesn't get injured if she falls again.

Follow Nichloas through the bottom window afterwards, taking my usual shield position in front.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:12 am »

"Popped it open," Jenny said, sounding somewhat smug and self-satisfied. Maybe I've concentrated too much on defense and hiding with my training... I should see if it's possible to weaponize my powers, like manipulate metal, or unleash EMP waves. Something to look into, she decided. ""I'm going to check it out. Be right back." She cloaked and entered the room to investigate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 08, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »

Turn coming later today, after my study.  I haven't forgotten about you, don't worry.
Tiruin: "healthy" as can be after being thrown into a wall and dropping thirty feet, anyway.  A few bruises, but your parkour training gave you enough of a boost to avoid damage.
SeriousConcentrate: I like how you're all smug and self-satisfied after slamming a door into your own face.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 08, 2012, 01:50:43 pm »

(Hey, I opened it, didn't I? ^^^ And I'm wearing a mask, so it probably didn't hurt that much... and Lisa didn't see it happen, anyway. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 08, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »

Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Fifty! In which everyone dies.
« Reply #500 on: May 08, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »

Caellath: repeating the action that ended up with your teammate hitting a wall at high speed, this time while sprinting?  This can only end well.
Also, I don't actually know what the inside of the Federal Reserve building looks like, so forgive me if I'm hilariously wrong.  Just pretend there's been a reno at some point in the alternate history.
Also, turn fifty!  Thanks for sticking with me, everyone!

Outside the Federal Reserve,
Agent Fortmüller facepalmed and prepared to throw Ires at the wall the window again.  As he ran full speed at a lower floor window he threw Ires again, [1] [5] but crashed into a wall as his teammate went through the second floor window, unharmed.  The battle suit was badly damaged and the wall wasn't even cracked, but Nicholas was able to free himself from the wreckage unscathed.
Agent Reon checked over herself quickly as she rolled through the window.  A few bruises from being thrown into a wall, and now a small cut on her right arm from the broken glass.  Looking around, there were no people, but a lot of empty cubicles that had probably been evacuated when the Silver Hammers showed up, full of still-on computers and phones that had never been hung up.  She saw plenty of security cameras and guessed the central monitoring room was probably somewhere in the building.
Agent Green found himself neither needing to catch Ires or back up Nicholas, so he smashed the window and entered on his own, shield at the ready.  (4) A crossbow bolt hit his left knee, stopped, and fell to the ground.
"Don't come any closer, Cap!  I'll kill these guys, I really will!"
Standing behind a counter one Hammer was reloading his crossbow and the other was wildly swinging his bazooka about, pointing it at the windows, the ceiling, the hostages in the corner, and Desmond.

Current Status: At the Federal Reserve Bank
Guy With a Crossbow: [healthy]
Mr. Bazooka: [healthy]

Underneath Times Square,
Agent Conners ran a program to find the most commonly used key sequences and ran down the list.  [3] It took a few tries, but "correct horse battery staple" worked.  Lisa found herself looking at a desktop with just one pdf on it.  After checking it was safe she opened it, and found several maps and blueprints, of the Federal Reserve, the UN Headquarters, and Madison Square Garden.
Agent Maxwell announced over her shoulder that she'd opened the door, went invisible, and entered to investigate.  The only things inside were some collapsible tables, covered in carefully-arranged gun components.  Judging from what was missing, somebody had assembled a medium-range, high-powered sniper rifle, with a laser sight and thermal scope.

Current Status: In the sewers

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:36 pm »

Desmond merely motioned his hand to the bazooka, thinking-get over here!

Action: Do my kinetic yoink on the guys bazooka.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 08, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

Jenny immediately went to her communicator to broadcast a message. "The Hammers are planning an assassination, I think. Someone made a sniper rifle here, complete with laser sight and thermal scope. I'm not sure who the target is. Just... keep an eye out guys, all right?" She left the room and moved back to Lisa's side. "Find anything?"

(Nice reference with the password, btw. :3)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:04 pm »

((I see what you did there dwarmin.))

"Hmm... This doesn't look good. Not at all."

Lisa looked back to the hole behind her and called out, packing up the laptop and taking it with her.

"I've found maps of the Federal Reserve, the UN HQ and Madison Square Gardens. They had some pretty good protection too, so whoever had this was pretty damn serious about their job."

Lisa paused in thought for a moment, thinking.

"We didn't get any reports on attacks at the Garden... Oh shit! Quick, do you remember if anyone important is going to the garden?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:23:56 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 08, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »

"No. I'll ask." Jenny reactivated her communicator. "My partner and I are heading to the Gardens, she thinks that's where the assassination is going to happen. Do you three know if anyone is going there?" She turned back to Lisa. "Come on, let's head that way while we wait for them to respond. I don't think we can accomplish anything else here, anyway."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 08, 2012, 06:10:53 pm »

Nicholas froooowned. So his powered armor made of several layers of heavy plastic was weak enough to be destroyed by simply crashing against a wall. Unbelievable. He sneered at the material. He would create a better one himself then.

Nicholas entered the window and nonchalantly shot the man with the bazooka on the head and the remaining one with the crossbow.

((Seriously, a roll to enter through a window which led to the suit's destruction? Please don't make a check for when I try to tie my shoes.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:18:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 08, 2012, 06:16:45 pm »

((Seriously, a roll to enter through a window which led to the suit's destruction? Please don't make a check for when I try to tie my shoes.))
You attempt to tie your shoes, [1], but you tie them far too tight, resulting in your feet being ripped off!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 08, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »

"I don't think our radios work down here. We'll have to tell them on the way."

Facing the way out, Lisa started sprinting, going faster and faster, just like before when she was charging.

"When we get above ground, we will have to go on foot! We can't rely on the traffic and the assassin could have set up roadblocks of some kind!"

Book it to the gardens, draining people on the way to fuel my sprint and push my abilities to the limit. Tell the police over the radio of the situation and if possible try to get a helicopter to pick us up on the way.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 08, 2012, 06:19:24 pm »

make a check for when I try to tie my shoes.))
'k.  "6.  Oh nooo, you've created the tightest knot in existence!  You'll never be able to take your shoes off again!"
Your suit runs really fast, is a prototype, and you got unlucky on the damage roll (and unlucky on the wall damage roll).  Sorry.
Zako, SC: being underground cuts off your connection to the rest of the team, remember?

Fake edit: damnit, Spinal Taper!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:20:56 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 08, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »

Jenny follows and repeats previous dialogue when she's above ground and her radio works again.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 86