Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177585 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (The password isn't swordfish)
« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2012, 10:14:05 pm »

((She's not superhuman, just at the peak of human physical ability. The closest to superhuman in physical terms among us, is probably me when I'm pumped full of energy.))
((By superhuman I meant "beyond human". I know all of our characteristics are "peak" human levels, but that alone would be nearly enough to qualify someone as superhuman in our society.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36:02 pm »

((Yep, I agreed to being carried under your arm. What did you see there?  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 05, 2012, 10:42:09 pm »

((Yep, I agreed to being carried under your arm. What did you see there?  :P))
(("Go along, willingly" sounded like "I'm going with you, but no carrying me under your arm, I can walk myself, thank you very much."))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 05, 2012, 11:22:23 pm »

"Right. I'll keep a look out for you." Jenny idly searched the room, her main concentration on staying alert for hostiles in the area - alligator or gang member.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2012, 01:22:34 pm »

Desmond radioed in all clear.

A few moments later he was very happy to hear Ires voice answer back, more or less unharmed.

He thought, then responded.

"Glad to hear you're all safe.

...Other thing? Very vague...what could they expect only one man to do, I wonder. They'll probably strike at one of the symbols of the city..."

Desmond paused, looking over at the Electrician, who was comforting the woman. He was well versed in this sort of thing, and the woman seemed to be calmed by his merely being there. She was going to be alright, he hoped. Trite but true-the Man was a beacon of Hope for the people of this city. Desmond hoped he might shine like that, one day.

Then, he had a nasty thought in the back of his head. The Beacon going out. What better symbol of the city than it's heroes? Could one man pull it off? Who would be crazy enough to...oh, yeah. The Hammers were crazy enough to try. And, everybody gets lucky, now and again...

"Tell everyone to be on their guard-I think it's possible they're going to target one of New Yorks heroes, but it's just a hunch. Anyway, once you've secured your area, we'll deal with the thing at the central reserve."

Action: Secure the area, then head toward the Central reserve. Warn the Electrician he's a possible target of the Hammers.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Forty-Eight! In which Lisa is 1337 h@XX0r
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »

Aaaaand turn forty-eight.

At Central Park,
Agent Reon radioed an addendum to what Nicholas had already reported, going down the list of targets and trying to figure out what the mysterious "thing" could be.
Agent Fortmüller emerged from the tunnel, tinkering with his suit's energy collection system.  [4+2] He increased the amount of heat it would collect, giving a boost to the suit's power, but he calculated a constant one in six chance of some sort of malfunction from overload.
Grabbing Ires he sprinted south, passing the Empire State Building.  There were a few bonfires built around it and several ground floor windows were smashed, but Anchorman and the Quarterback seemed to have subdued the gang members there and were chatting with some police officers.
Nicholas set Ires down when they arrived at Liberty Street and approached the bank.  NYPD cars and officers surrounded the building, and one of them nodded at the heroes as they approached.
"Glad to see you here.  A pair of Hammers marched in here a little bit after the first wave of attacks, waving around a crossbow and a bazooka.  They don't seem to actually be interested in the gold, though, from what we can tell they're just trying to piss us off enough to go in there and get blown up.  I-"
He was cut off by the sound of a squealing megaphone from inside the building.
"Hey, Robocop, Green Arrow, why don't you come in here and rescue these poor soon-to-be-dead sons of bitches?"

Current Status: At the Federal Reserve Bank

At Times Square,
Agent Conners opened the laptop and plugged in her PDA.  [1] Before she could try anything, though, the laptop froze and eventually crashed.
Agent Maxwell tried radioing in their situation at Lisa's suggestion, but being in the sewer she got only static in response.  She warily checked the area instead, [hidden search check] and found what appeared to be a hidden door in the wall.  Despite her best efforts it wouldn't open.

Current Status: In the sewers

At the UN Headquarters,
Agent Green radioed an all clear, and heard Ires' voice in response, detailing the gang's plan.  He gave a warning to the Electrician and the cops to be on their guard, before leaving to meet Nicholas and Ires at the Federal Reserve.

Current Status: Heading to the Federal Reserve Bank

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »

"Hey, I found a hidden door here," Jenny said over her shoulder. She reached out with her electromagnetic powers, trying to get a feel for how much metal was in the door - and if she could force it to open or, failing that, just rip it off the hinges.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2012, 04:18:14 pm »

Nicholas sighed. Now he had to deal with his suit and with the crazy man. He tried to radio Green.
"...'Steel Wall', how far are you from our position? We may need some assistance with the matters over here in the Reserve."
Nicholas tries to eliminate the overloading possibility, or make it smaller at the very least, in a last ditch effort before entering the building through one of the side windows, already shooting the nearest enemies with darts and knocking down any other with the handle of his axe. Throw Ires on one of the higher floor windows if she accepts it.
"Well 'Huntress'. I guess I will take one of the side windows. I can throw you on one of the higher ones if you so desire."
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »

Green tapped his hands on the dashboard of the police cruiser, idly thinking grand thoughts-of eternity, love, choice, fate, death, beauty, strength, fear, hope, defiance...so many beautiful colors, he thought.

He was shaken from his reverie by Nicholas's voice.

How come whenever Nichloas talks to me, I think of the Great and Terrible Oz? Desmond asked himself, but of course, he had no answer.

"ETA...10 minutes to destination, at most. Do people really drive in this traffic every day?" he asked, watching a cabbie run a red light right and cut in front of them, flipping them the bird as he went by for good measure.

After his conversation, he went back on his thoughts. Turning them over relentlessly, looking for insights...

Action: Meditate, gain some mental clarity.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2012, 08:59:05 pm »

"Dammit! Stupid thing..."

Lisa looked back to Jenny, seeing that she had found a doorway of some sort.

"If you can't get it open, I'll give it a go. But first, I'm going to show this damn computer who's boss."

Power the laptop down, then up again and shut it before it has a chance to crash. Then use my PDA to go around the trap and scan the files.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2012, 09:34:01 pm »

Ires nodded, she hoped her training and reflexes would save her if Nick ever missed, which she doubted.

"Throw me up."

Green Arrow sounded like a good codename, but she decided against it.

Accept throwing, then get to a vantage point that can observe the inside without being seen.

Examine bank interior and security devices, then search for communications devices near my position after being thrown.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Forty-Nine! In which Desmond is a monster!
« Reply #491 on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »

Turn forty-nine.  One more turn until EVERYBODY DIES.  Dwarmin gets a +3 to his next superpower roll, so I'm going to have to get creative  :D

At Times Square,
Agent Maxwell looked over her shoulder and announced "Hey, I found a hidden door here."  Using her powers she tried to find out the metal content of the door; [5+1] it swung open as soon as she generated a magnetic field and hit her in the nose.  Shaking it off she entered the room beyond, which was really more of a small crudely dug-out hole.
Agent Conners acknowledged Jenny as she turned back to the laptop.  Off, on, connect, close... [4] this time she disabled the first line of security before the laptop crashed, but next up was a password.

Current Status: In the sewers

At the Federal Reserve,
Agent Fortmüller decided to radio Desmond before making a move.  "...'Steel Wall', how far are you from our position?  We may need some assistance with the matters over here in the Reserve."
"ETA... 10 minutes to destination, at most.  Do people really drive in this traffic every day?"
Nicholas fiddled with his energy collection unit for a few minutes, [4] fixing the potential overload problem.
"Well 'Huntress'.  I guess I will take one of the side windows.  I can throw you on one of the higher ones if you so desire."
Agent Green arrived, having achieved mental clarity (+1 to next power roll).
Agent Reon nodded.  "Throw me up."  [1] Nicholas threw her at the wall thirty feet up, she faceplanted, fell to the ground and [5] landed on her feet.

Current Status: At the Federal Reserve Bank

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »

Nicholas sighs. Well, it was his fault for throwing her at the wall.
He gets Ires and throws her at one of the higher windows only after getting closer to it during his sprint to crash through one of the bottom floor ones. He routes some of his enhanced systems to temporarily raise the accuracy of the throw. Crash through the bottom floor window afterwards, taking down any hostiles with a dart shot and a handle smack.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:43:14 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:42 pm »

"Much better. I'm making progress here, how about you?"

Run a key logger to find out the most often typed sequence of letters, and run down the list starting with the most popular. If that doesn't work, try infecting the system with a worm set through a package to unlock the computer from the inside.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 08, 2012, 06:13:42 am »

((Healthy after a truly close up view of granite walls?  :D))

Ires nodded, she hoped her training and reflexes would save her if Nick ever missed, which she doubted.

"Throw me up. Again," she said, woozily. The close up with the wall gave her more appreciation for the structures she looked over every month. Well, more appreciation in a physically numbing way, at least.

Accept throwing, again, then get to a vantage point that can observe the inside without being seen.

Examine bank interior and security devices, then search for communications devices near my position after being thrown.

Sense self for anything wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86