Scotish (Rich and Raidable)
- 3 (21.4%)
Mercians (Tiny and Tenacious)
- 1 (7.1%)
Northumbrians (Big and Badass)
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Let's Play: Viking: Total War! Has Sprung a Leak in a Storm  (Read 25821 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Viking: Total War! Second Thing of the Twelve Bays Called!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Also, I got hold of my old copy of MTW. you're responsible for all the deadlines I'll break in the next week.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 04:08:19 pm »

Prince of Dyfed sonds like a cool title, not that there is anything or anywhere important actually there...

I hope you enjoy having it. I also hope that you enjoy commanding a unit of archers, because we need them desperately.

Outstanding. I am prince of a county I actually lived in for 4 years, and am commanding a unit of troops traditionally sourced from my countrymen during the time period in question. Things could only get better in one way - Let me take part in an attack on the English.
This is a blank sig.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

Also, I got hold of my old copy of MTW. you're responsible for all the deadlines I'll break in the next week.

Heh. My evil plan is working. Nothing to see here.

Prince of Dyfed sonds like a cool title, not that there is anything or anywhere important actually there...

I hope you enjoy having it. I also hope that you enjoy commanding a unit of archers, because we need them desperately.

Outstanding. I am prince of a county I actually lived in for 4 years, and am commanding a unit of troops traditionally sourced from my countrymen during the time period in question. Things could only get better in one way - Let me take part in an attack on the English.

No English, but the Saxons are pretty close. And don't worry, they will be dealt with.

Anyways the Northumbrians were much, much less of a threat than I thought they would be. Still, we crushed them horribly, and that's what matters. The Saxons will be next on our hit list, since they've managed to crush the Mercians at the exact same time that we finished off the Northumbrians. The Picts are also glaring menacingly across the border with three stacks, but I've inadvertently made one of their provinces rebel, so we shouldn't see them for a bit. Plus, we can easily just plop a stack down and kill them one by one. Through some weird twist of fate, we've managed to have the largest income, so those days of being poor are gone at last. I don't want to spoil anything else, but let me just say that I had no idea that bridges were in the game, and then curse the person who added them. Oh, and pretty much everybody died of old age too, so yay(?)

The turn will be up tomorrow, because I have work to do right now. Sorry about that.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:28 am »

Cool, love the helmet on my guy. I say he never takes it off. Also, did I read that right, that my entire unit was destroyed but had 70 kills to it's name?
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 06:28:24 am »

Can I pwetty pwease have a merc general now? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2012, 08:01:40 am »

Cool, love the helmet on my guy. I say he never takes it off. Also, did I read that right, that my entire unit was destroyed but had 70 kills to it's name?
-J-

Huh, I completely missed that. I believe that your unit merely routed though, so I suppose that the game counts every man that runs away as a loss. Either that or when units cross the map boundary they get smited by Odin or something. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that you survived (and then died of old age in the next update).

Can I pwetty pwease have a merc general now?

Sure thing. Hell, if I have the money, you can have a mercenary army! (which I will promptly send on a suicide attack. Mercenaries have ridiculous amounts of upkeep, you know).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3
Our supreme and holy Grace, protecting us and ours, deliver us, God, from the savage race of Northmen which lays waste our realms.
-Contemporary Prayer
Oh great and all powerful Odin, always watching over us, deliver us, Odin, from the incompetence of the Northumbrians. We want a good fight or two, not some pansy ass retreating.
-Contemporary Prayer that I just made up

Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Prince of Defet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle of Reget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: First Actual Assault (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:29:54 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I cannot hate those Northumbrians, despite our losses. They fought with valor worthy of Valhalla, and will be well received in the great halls.

So how long until we get our own invisible gremlins?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"The Army of Mercenaries will be commanded by NRDL, and will be sent into the toughest battles, because mercenaries are horribly expensive to maintain and thus should die as quickly as possible"

Okay.  Sure. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Chinless Wonder - Most people get eight grandparents. This man has been seriously shortchanged! -3 to command and acumen.)
I'd be very surprised to meet someone with eight grandparents.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'm cool with facing those unwashed barbarian. Can we have a say in what our army is made of? Do we have Joms Vikings yet?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take Lord of the Border March and the Army of Northern Marches if no one objects or has outstanding claim. I'm all for killing Picts.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Uh, well, my post wasn't clear enough, but the unwashed barbarian I was referring to are the Picts. Sorry Jarod.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cannot hate those Northumbrians, despite our losses. They fought with valor worthy of Valhalla, and will be well received in the great halls.

So how long until we get our own invisible gremlins?

Norway and Denmark both have a wooden fort, so it shouldn't be very long.

"The Army of Mercenaries will be commanded by NRDL, and will be sent into the toughest battles, because mercenaries are horribly expensive to maintain and thus should die as quickly as possible"

Okay.  Sure. 

Well, by toughest battles I mean as close to parity as possible. Mercenaries may be expensive, but uselessly throwing men away isn't that great either. Plus I hate losing battles, unless the odds are so stacked against me (and even then I'd probably retreat). So really, you're army will probably just be fighting more battles than usual, that's all.

(Chinless Wonder - Most people get eight grandparents. This man has been seriously shortchanged! -3 to command and acumen.)
I'd be very surprised to meet someone with eight grandparents.
What kind of people are you meeting? I probably meant great-grandparents. Sorry about that.

I'm cool with facing those unwashed barbarian. Can we have a say in what our army is made of? Do we have Joms Vikings yet?

Okay then. If you have a preference for your army, then I'm all ears.

No Joms Vikings yet (I'm pretty sure we need a stone castle for that). However, we can finally make huscarls in Norway, which are almost as good, and are at least equals to anything that the other factions can throw at us. Their commanders get some pretty good stats too.

I'll take Lord of the Border March and the Army of Northern Marches if no one objects or has outstanding claim. I'm all for killing Picts.
-J-
Uh, well, my post wasn't clear enough, but the unwashed barbarian I was referring to are the Picts. Sorry Jarod.

Jarod, the Army of Wales is still open, and I'm pretty sure that we'll have several more armies before this LP is over.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I would like to lay claim to the Army of Wales, what with being Welsh and all...
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8