Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81880 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D2 - Looks Like The Cop ... Just Croaked [7/9]
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

EBWOP: Name mess-up. Again.
He later voted Dr. Phibes for this:
should be
"Later, he gave the following reasons for voting Painiac:".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2012, 02:13:06 am »

borno has replaced Scelly9.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:35 am »

zomara:
Dariush, can you please, for the sake of me being able to have a better understanding, explain to me why you are not a scum?
This is mostly useless, for a number of reasons.

First of all, it's pretty tame and slow. If all you've got is one question, that is more or less waiting for a general explanation from someone, you should probably branch out more in the meantime. Ideally asking him something more insightful would be even better, though in this particular case getting insightful answers out of him is going to be difficult.

Secondly, "Why are you not scum?" is a meaningless question. It's vague, generic, and lazy; they're not going to have a good reason why they're not scum until you explain why they would be scum, meaning you may as well skip it and directly ask why he's doing scummy things or not doing townie things instead.

Plus, if you don't actually have anything he should or shouldn't be doing, it's basically a halfassed way to give him a trick question in order to lynch him regardless of answer, which is an obvious scum move.

As an example, how about you answer the same question? zomara, why aren't you scum? Do you think your answer to this question is helping me understand whether you're scum or not? Did you have to refer to earlier posts to figure out what the hell I even mean?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2012, 10:53:12 am »

Sorry guys! I am on a vacation, and i thought i would have access to internet the whole time... But no. Well i have just for today and maybe tomarrow. Will come home on thursday. Wanted you all to know, again i am sorry. Going to check what everyone have written the time i was gone. 
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »

OK then, lets try asking this again.
Dariush, why did you vote on Painiac being lynched before?

IronyOwl , is this a better question? Or am I still missing the point?
Also, was one of those questions at the end really a question or a point you were trying to make?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:36 pm »

zomara:
OK then, lets try asking this again.
Dariush, why did you vote on Painiac being lynched before?

IronyOwl , is this a better question? Or am I still missing the point?
Also, was one of those questions at the end really a question or a point you were trying to make?
Yes, much better.

Both. I'd like to hear your answers on them, but more for your benefit than mine.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »

zomara:
As an example, how about you answer the same question? zomara, why aren't you scum?
I can't answer that question in a way that wont instantly point to me being scum because of the fact that any way I answer that question, the details of it can be called into question. Those questions, of which,  I can give evidence for, but doing so would go against the rules of the game. Specifically:
Never quote your role PM or any other PM sent to you by the mod.
. . . . . I see what you mean now.
zomara:
Do you think your answer to this question is helping me understand whether you're scum or not?
No. Its a completely biased question by its in game nature.
zomara:
Did you have to refer to earlier posts to figure out what the hell I even mean?
No, but I did refer to earlier posts just to come up with the one I did afterwards.

The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »

Strategia,

You think mcfry is scum but you vote Strategia? Why? Strategia just asking questions. Feels like we will regret voting on him :/

Why?

I see this as a chainsaw defence done by Dr.Phibes, and then a quickly-made cover-up by you. Tell me, Strategia, are you voting for Dr.Phibes just because he is making no sense with his writings? Or is it because he is a bad scumbuddy?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2012, 07:47:10 pm »

EBWOP:

Unvote, Vote Strategia.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »

Don't worry, you don't have to explicitly unvote. Just vote and I'll handle the rest.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount!

Dr.Phibes [2]: Strategia, Dariush
Dariush [3]: MagmaMcFry, Dr.Phibes, zomara0292
zomara0292 [1]: Irony Owl
Strategia [1]: borno

Day ends Monday, today!

Man! Is anyone else playing Dai-3-Ji Ultra Mecha Combat P4 Hakaihen? I've been playing it for the last week and it's been amazing!

No? Anyone heard of it? No? Aww...

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »

Strategia,

I see this as a chainsaw defence done by Dr.Phibes, and then a quickly-made cover-up by you. Tell me, Strategia, are you voting for Dr.Phibes just because he is making no sense with his writings? Or is it because he is a bad scumbuddy?

Take a good look at the thread. Re-read the posts Phibes and I posted. Where have we ever agreed on..... well, anything? I've wanted Phibes gone since before the end of D1. He's non-constructive, vague and disinterested, and doesn't appear to care much about the game. In the quote, I just asked Phibes why he thought voting me was a regrettable decision - it's a weird and out-of-place thing to say. I just wanted him to give his reason for saying that, which is quite literally what you do in Mafia.

Even if he was my scumbuddy, why the hell would I want to get rid of him? There's only two scum total in this game, and with two town kills, one of whom's the cop, scum has a rather advantageous position. Besides, why would scum ever want to get rid of other scum, outside of bussing a suspicious scumbuddy who's under heavy fire?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »

Ironyowl, I am starting to suspect Zomora. It feels Zomora is using i am noob to much and the miss quote feels intentionally.

Borno, what did you expect Strategia to answer on that question?

zomara, you could have pressured anyone and yet you jumped directly on a bandwagon. What made Dariush scummier than me? Beacuse you clearly said you had a choice between one of ous. He, an IC and me a newbie that cant spell and yet you take my side, why? Do you have any grounds on your vote except pressure and the fact hes a dick? Felt like you just randomly choose wich bandwagon to join.
Yes you can call me Phibes!

zomara, what made you jump on the Dariush bandwagon, other than his colourful language?

Pressure. Pressure to make a vote instead of waiting on solid information, of which I am not learning how to hunt for, and the fact that there was a bandwagon for him. it was honestly a choice (to me) between him and Phibes (still hasn't answered my question or whether or not he is OK with me calling him that.), of which I made at random. But I digress. Back to the questioning.

Dariush, can you please, for the sake of me being able to have a better understanding, explain to me why you are not a scum?
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »

. . . Felt like you just randomly choose wich bandwagon to join. . .
zomara, what made you jump on the Dariush bandwagon, other than his colourful language?
. . .
it was honestly a choice . . . of which I made at random. . .

Just for the sake of it. . . I think I did chose at random

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2012, 12:00:03 am »

Borno, what did you expect Strategia to answer on that question?
Mostly for him to sum up why he is voting for you, and partly because it's like RVS for me. I still need to learn things about your strategy, because I have just been thrown into the game without any knowledge of the people I'm playing with. It would be much easier to ask questions myself instead of re-reading the thread until I understand how you play.

Strategia,

Take a good look at the thread. Re-read the posts Phibes and I posted. Where have we ever agreed on..... well, anything? I've wanted Phibes gone since before the end of D1. He's non-constructive, vague and disinterested, and doesn't appear to care much about the game. In the quote, I just asked Phibes why he thought voting me was a regrettable decision - it's a weird and out-of-place thing to say. I just wanted him to give his reason for saying that, which is quite literally what you do in Mafia.

Even if he was my scumbuddy, why the hell would I want to get rid of him? There's only two scum total in this game, and with two town kills, one of whom's the cop, scum has a rather advantageous position. Besides, why would scum ever want to get rid of other scum, outside of bussing a suspicious scumbuddy who's under heavy fire?
You could be getting rid of him because most people find him very scummy, and voting for him would get suspicions off of you. Other then that, I find this plausible.

Unvote, Vote zomara. Zomara, why are you always using your newbie-ness as an excuse? Wouldn't it be better to defend yourself directly rather then trying to mix up noobtells with scumtells?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26