- 0 (0%)
You idiot!
- 0 (0%)
You moron!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 21, 2012, 05:09:18 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to feudal Japan "Updating when I can!"  (Read 7976 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Roll to feudal Japan "Updating when I can!"
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:59 am »

I am choosing 4 players maximum. The first 4 with complete and interestig profiles most likely.
No checks for character generation! I decided I was too confusing, Sorry about the hastle. Just put down your attributes*, Skills**, and gear that isn't too ridiculous.

Name:
Background:
Gear:
Training fields:
Attributes:
Strength:
Intelligence:
Cunning:
Agility:
Endurance:
Charisma:

Strength makes you stronger, unsurprisingly. Intelligence is Book smarts. Cunning is street smarts. Agility is speed. Endurance is how much you can take. Charisma is your charm.

Attributes have a base 3 value, and you have 2 additional attribute points you can assign however you want, and you can take away from one to give to another.

Mechanics: Most checks are base 3. Your attributes divided by two give you the basic value for doing an action, skills modify that value, one per skill relating to that field. The roll adds to these two.

PLAYERS: Caelleth, Lordinquisitor, Jackofthebox, NRDL
WAITLIST: Tiruin, Noodlerex, Flintus10

Going to update every 2 days.

If I make a mistake with documenting a character just tell me.

P.S. Feel free to criticize etc. this is my first rtd, and I want to get better.
Dropping the skill system for a more general one. You get two training fields, like Caellaths ninjutsu, which generally say what you're good at. Also dividing all the attribute things by 3.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:25:58 am by Spinal_Taper »

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to feudal Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:26:19 am »

Name: Hayate Mori
Backround: A distant relative of a minor noble clan Hayate has failed to distinguish himself despite fighting numerous battles. Giving up on a military life he has begun following the path of a ronin, wandering Japan alone.

(That's all I need right? Not totally sure how the Gear Skills and Attributes work.)

I don't mind not playing someone else can have mny spot.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:44:25 am by Flintus10 »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:57:12 am »

Okay, let's give it a try.

Name: Akimoto Akira
Background: A samurai by spirit, a peasant by heritage. Akira had always wanted to be a samurai so he decided to enlist himself in the forces of some minor warlord. After the first battle, which was a loss, he took a pair of swords from a corpse. His lord had died in the battle, so Akira started to hone his skill with the sword, while searching for a new lord.

Gear: Katana and wakizashi, regular clothing
Training fields: Farming, Soldier's basic training
Attributes:
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 2
Cunning: 2
Agility: 4
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 3
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:31:30 pm by JackoftheBox »
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:04:31 am »

Name: Hakama Motoyo ( I hope I'm not offending any actual Japanese person by making nonsensical words... )

Background: Once an honorable samurai, Hakama's master was killed by marauding bandits, who died from disease before Hakama could avenge his master.  It was a pretty technical decision, and rather unfair, but he doesn't mind.  He still has his sword, and his skills, and that's good enough for him. 

Gear: Katana, Plain wool robe
Training fields: Bushido, medicine(?)
Attributes:
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 3
Cunning: 4
Agility:3
Endurance:3
Charisma:3
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:28:56 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:06:24 am »

Too many bushi, needs more shinobi.
Name: Akabarashi Tatsuo (Last name name)
Background: Having through passed the long education of a professional shinobi without wavering, young Tatsuo was actually surprised when the day after he received his attire and equipment their mountain-based hideout was attacked by the daimyo forces. He and his guild escaped through passages hidden along the sides of the mountain, and were ordered to scatter for some time for security measures. Tatsuo disguised himself as a peasant and now travels towards the daimyo state in search of some answers.
Gear: Matte black light armor, black ninja suit and scarf, katars/punching daggers (used by assassins of the Middle East, given to him as a gift by his grandfather), ninja-tô, black eggs, short bow, arrow quiver, forearm guard, peasant clothing, (large) supplies bag.
Skills: Ninjutsu (set of ninja abilities); Magicbane (Tatsuo has been trained to deal with anything beyond the natural realm).
Attributes: 
Strength-3
Intelligence-3-1
Cunning-3+1
Agility-3+2+1
Charisma-3-1
Endurance-3

If you have anything to pick off my character, poke me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:30:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:26 am »

Ignore post.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:15:00 am by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:42:58 pm »

Ignore this.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:06:30 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:09 pm »

Shinto and Buddhism styled Japan or historical?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »

Vote coming soon. Ok, shinto and buddhism, if that means more of a fantasy setting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:44:19 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

Vote coming soon. Ok, shinto and buddhism, if that means more of a fantasy setting.
Yeah, Demons Oni, Spirits etc.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

I am into it. It seems I like to play characters without any magical powers in fantasy settings.

Also, may you elaborate on the Gear/Skills/Attributes system or are you still developing it?
>Yes?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:57:56 pm »

PTW
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:32 pm »

I am into it. It seems I like to play characters without any magical powers in fantasy settings.

Also, may you elaborate on the Gear/Skills/Attributes system or are you still developing it?
Is this good?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »

Nevermind, but how much points should we assign? If it is written somewhere then I guess it flew over my head ...I guess it is that base 9 thing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:08:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

Nevermind, but how much points should we assign? If it is written somewhere then I guess it flew over my head ...I guess it is that base 9 thing.
Yeah, sorry I'm still working out the mechanics for the game and it is a mess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5