- 0 (0%)
You idiot!
- 0 (0%)
You moron!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 21, 2012, 05:09:18 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to feudal Japan "Updating when I can!"  (Read 7977 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to feudal Japan
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:57 pm »

We'll start on Friday gang, let's get two more people hopefully.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 04:37:08 pm »

I'm in if its not too complicated.
Working on character.

edit: I have no idea of what character to make.. will have it ready before friday tough.

edit2: Nevermind just.. go on without me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:35:56 pm by Ultimuh »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »

I am choosing 4 players maximum. The first 4 with complete and interestig profiles most likely.
No checks for character generation! I decided I was too confusing, Sorry about the hastle. Just put down your attributes*, Skills**, and gear that isn't too ridiculous.

Name:
Background:
Gear:
Training fields:
Attributes:
Strength:
Intelligence:
Cunning:
Agility:
Endurance:
Charisma:

Strength makes you stronger, unsurprisingly. Intelligence is Book smarts. Cunning is street smarts. Agility is speed. Endurance is how much you can take.

Attributes have a base 3 value, and you have 2 additional attribute points you can assign however you want, and you can take away from one to give to another.

Mechanics: Most checks are base 3. Your attributes divided by two give you the basic value for doing an action, skills modify that value, one per skill relating to that field. The roll adds to these two.

If I make a mistake with documenting a character just tell me.

P.S. Feel free to criticize etc. this is my first rtd, and I want to get better.
Dropping the skill system for a more general one. You get two training fields, like Caellaths ninjutsu, which generally say what you're good at. Also dividing all the attribute things by 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:45 pm »

Note: I will still accept people after friday. Once we get to four however, no more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 05:40:06 am »

Hmm, would plan to join this if there are still free slots. Knowledge on Feudal Japan rings throughout my mind, hopefully I'd get it right.

Spoiler: Finished (click to show/hide)
Sohei :))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:04:19 pm by Tiruin »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »

Oh, shiny, let`s try to get in!

Name: Yoshinobu Souta (Surname first, first name second)
Background: Souta seemed blessed by the Gods- He was born into a wealthy and honorable family of Samurai and seemed to have a natural talent for swordfighting- He wasn`t especially strong or tough, but he was very quick and agile and eager to learn. His life was an easy one and he was content. But little did he know about the intrigues at court. His father, an honorable man, dared to confront a fellow lord who was embezzling money- It was fruitless, of course. Bribes were made, the accusations dropped, and his father ridiculed. He commited seppuku to wash away the shame- But, apparently, that wasn`t enough for the corrupt lord. He hired some thugs which burned down Soutas house and killed his family- He alone survived, due to luck, since he had undertaken a journey to a local shrine in order to pray for his father. Filled with righteous anger he decided to slay the corrupt Lord- But even the chance to take revenge was taken away from him, for the lord had already been killed under mysterious circumstances- Dealing with shinobi is dangerous. Having lost all purpose in his life he decided to become a wandering swordsman, a ronin- Why he lives on he doesn`t know, he just knows that he needs to keep going. Mayhaps the gods still have a task for him.
Gear: A Katana, a Wakizashi, and good, if travel stained, clothing.
Training fields: Shukuchi- Very swift movements. Kenjutusu (fighting) with a focus on Iaido. (Drawing the sword and making a swift strike.)
Attributes:
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Cunning: 3
Agility: 5
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 3
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:26:45 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 05:47:02 pm »

Last day guys, make sure to finalize your characters, no going back.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:54 am »

Name: Kasai Raisu
Background:When his farm was burnt to the ground killing his wife and unborn child Kasai Raisu swore revenge on the rōnin who had pillaged his land. training day and night with his kama, Kasai Raisu set off, determined to bring the one who destroyed him to justice.
Gear: Peasant rags, two un-sharpened farming kama.
Training fields:N/A minor kama practice.
Attributes:
Strength:4
Intelligence:3
Cunning:2
Agility:4
Endurance:4
Charisma:3

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »

Akabarshi Tatsuo: In your journey to the Daimyo you come across a secluded mountain village, you are running low on supplies (Due to your unexpected departure time) and they look prosperous, do you wish to do anything to the village?
Akimoto Akira: While you wander you come across a pillaged village, do you want to stop to look for survivors or do you prefer to keep moving?
Yoshinobu Souta: You encounter another Ronin while you wander the forests, are you going to try to speak with them?
Hakama Moyoto: While you roam the woodlands you encounter another Ronin, how do you react?

Editors Notes:
(Yes, Yoshinobu and Hakama just met)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

> I shall try to ask for the villagers' kindness of giving me some supplies in exchange for services within my scope of activity.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:07:26 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:45 pm »

((Spinal_Taper: A full list of players and who is in the waitlist would help a lot.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »

((Spinal_Taper: A full list of players and who is in the waitlist would help a lot.))
((This. Put the list into your first post.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 04:00:10 am »

Souta bows his head ever so slightly, but never takes his eyes of the other Ronin. Then he speaks: "Well met, wanderer. My name is Yoshinobu Souta and i want to know: Be you friend or foe? Will i have to kill you in order to pass? Will there be blooshed? I hope not. I`m weary from a long days march and yearn for a cup of sake and a good bed. Perhaps you`d like to accompany me? While i don`t fear travelling alone, company is always welcome."

Ask Hakama Moyoto whether he wants to fight or not, and if not, whether he wants to travel with Souta. Souta constantly remains on his guard, though.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 04:11:49 am »

Search for survivors, while looking for anything useful like food or medical supplies.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to feudal Japan -Updating every two days!-
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 04:08:35 pm »

Shall we wait for NRDL or continue without him/her?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5