Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 75112 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/graphics.rar

There you go, this is the graphics txt and the sprites for the first batch of sprites I will do. Most of your creatures should be in there, so just take whatever suits you. I do believe just copiyng everything will also work, even if the creatures mentioned in the graphics.txt are not in the raws.

It looks great Meph, thanks!  I'll bundle this in the next update.  If I make any changes to it I'll pass it along.

Nice mod, everything seems to work well. Until ...

Well, it does tell you to hide.   :D

In seriousness, as Meph has suggested to me before, Wizards are overpowered.  They're casting through the wall because it's line of sight and the Necromancer raising adds the EXTRAVISION tag.  I don't know why the undead Golems and Homunculi are there, since they have the [NOT_LIVING] tag.

Wizards don't appear without Wizard Tower installed, but if you're playing with Dwarves (judging by the merchants?) then the fort is probably doomed without extensive traps or siege weapons or magma floods, unless a Paladin or a Prophet ends up coming to the fort.

I think that the spells with really awful effects will get lower range and longer cooldown, and that Wizards in general will get CANNOT_UNDEAD at the creature level, I think that tag still works.  I'm playing a Wizard fort to mess around with the reactions/spells in a field setting and balance things out further, but the Sorcerers have yet to show up.  So far the greatest threats to the Wizards have been their own kind.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, Wizard Tower's pretty rad but it seems to have made dwarves extinct all of a sudden. There's all of 0 dwarven civs on every world I've genned since I installed WT... weird.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

That's a bit odd, but I can think of a couple reasons for it:

- World-gen checking for playable civs disregards Dwarves as a necessity, since there are Wizards, or
- Dwarves are getting unduly butchered by Sorcerer civs

If you delete the entity_wizards file, do the dwarves appear?  I haven't had trouble getting dwarf civs on my own install... is anyone else having this issue?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I did not know that extravision allows line of sight through walls... interesting.

Paladin or a Prophet
What exactly are those ? I take it magical dwarven superunits ?

Any sprites missing btw ? I still have 1/3 to go, so there might be some that are not included.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a bit odd, but I can think of a couple reasons for it:

- World-gen checking for playable civs disregards Dwarves as a necessity, since there are Wizards, or
- Dwarves are getting unduly butchered by Sorcerer civs

If you delete the entity_wizards file, do the dwarves appear?  I haven't had trouble getting dwarf civs on my own install... is anyone else having this issue?

Turns out I accidentally deleted creature_standard. My bad, carry on!
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just remebered something else.

Chromatic dragons and slimes have a caste color. Good, that works for characters, but your sprites (or mine for that matter) are always portrait in the color they are drawn in th bmp.

You might notice the white slime and white chromatic dragon sprites in the file I sent you. If you change the AS_IS in the graphics.txt to ADD_COLOR you can overlay the sprite with the caste color. Best use a neutral (grey/white) base.

I also use the same system now for my mages. All dwarves look normal, but evil dwarves ave a darker hue, and good dwarves are brighter, while magmamancer look reddish. Works quite well and I plan to use this on all the castes for entities now. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Turns out I accidentally deleted creature_standard. My bad, carry on!

That would explain it   :D  Glad it was easy to fix, though.

Just remebered something else.

Chromatic dragons and slimes have a caste color. Good, that works for characters, but your sprites (or mine for that matter) are always portrait in the color they are drawn in th bmp.

You might notice the white slime and white chromatic dragon sprites in the file I sent you. If you change the AS_IS in the graphics.txt to ADD_COLOR you can overlay the sprite with the caste color. Best use a neutral (grey/white) base.

I also use the same system now for my mages. All dwarves look normal, but evil dwarves ave a darker hue, and good dwarves are brighter, while magmamancer look reddish. Works quite well and I plan to use this on all the castes for entities now. :)

Thanks Meph, I hadn't tested them all yet, being a bit pressed for time the past week, but I'll adjust the castes in the meantime.  Paladins and Prophets are Secret bearers (Light and Mercy spheres respectively) that have some undead-banishing interactions, though recent testing shows the banishment isn't exactly working as intended: instead of dropping the target instantly, it gives that typical "next-attack-is-fatal' effect that happens when you impair functional tissues.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Your castes and caste colors are fine (only issue:brown slime is portrait as red) You just have to add ADD_COLOR instead of the AS_IS to your graphics txt. and you are done. Easy fix :)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't downloaded this yet but are sorcerers and wizards mechanically different like in WT or are they wizards(mages) just with different ethics? I liked having some aged old geezers fight against the cruel young upstarts. I could just imaging my the captain of my militia hobbling on his cane and shouting:

"Oi... get orf my lawrn ya litt'le brats!"
Then the sorcerers giving a rude gesture and his golem bodyguards going out for a stroll of wack the ingrate with heavy fists of knowledge.

I miss those times but I'm excited to see all the new secrets. I may borrow a few ideas from you especially with some of the more interesting secrets. Keep up the good work.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for some reason whenever I try to use this mod, the game breaks D:

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I finally got off my butt and downloaded the latest DF updates. Wizards here I come.

With my luck the secrets of the world will be locked up in one dungeon on a tiny island. Again.

Uh...are my wizards planting magic grapes that don't give you seeds?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:58:21 pm by Vgray »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Well I lasted 1 turn at that tower and they have like 20 slabs too, Damn zombies using weapons and witches paralyzing me this time I'll be a vampire. I never gen a world in you mod with out 1000 secrets  8)

Edit:Didn't help got webbed then my head cut off I'll just have to what until embark anywhere works and burn them with magma or get them to attack my fortress and cage them...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:23:40 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

I haven't downloaded this yet but are sorcerers and wizards mechanically different like in WT or are they wizards(mages) just with different ethics? I liked having some aged old geezers fight against the cruel young upstarts. I could just imaging my the captain of my militia hobbling on his cane and shouting:

"Oi... get orf my lawrn ya litt'le brats!"
Then the sorcerers giving a rude gesture and his golem bodyguards going out for a stroll of wack the ingrate with heavy fists of knowledge.

I miss those times but I'm excited to see all the new secrets. I may borrow a few ideas from you especially with some of the more interesting secrets. Keep up the good work.

They're the same creature now, with different ethics.  Their being different creatures was basically a work-around to ensure they could affect one another with syndromes, but that's no longer applicable.  It's a bit more like "Gandalfs vs. Sarumans" and a bit less like "Dumbledores vs. Voldemorts" but the entities are more or less the same as they used to be.

for some reason whenever I try to use this mod, the game breaks D:

I'd like to help but will need a little more info.  How is it breaking?  Is there an errorlog you can post?

So I finally got off my butt and downloaded the latest DF updates. Wizards here I come.

With my luck the secrets of the world will be locked up in one dungeon on a tiny island. Again.

Uh...are my wizards planting magic grapes that don't give you seeds?

The seeds are in place in the grape raws, and my Wizards have a thriving vineyard,c so I'm mystified by your dilemma.  :(

Well I lasted 1 turn at that tower and they have like 20 slabs too, Damn zombies using weapons and witches paralyzing me this time I'll be a vampire. I never gen a world in you mod with out 1000 secrets  8)

Edit:Didn't help got webbed then my head cut off I'll just have to what until embark anywhere works and burn them with magma or get them to attack my fortress and cage them...

Sounds fun.  I saw a thread where someone dug out and collapsed the entire Tower, so I suppose that's one way to handle them.  I have yet to successfully attack a Tower myself, my first and only attempt ended with my adventurer being reanimated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

someone dug out and collapsed the entire Tower

I thought you couldnt dig in adv. mode... and cant embark on a tower in fortress mode... ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11