Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 75104 times)

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me again.

I've not been able to break down any Beds, Chairs or Cabinets into wood.
Obviously it wouldn't let me pick them up to break in my hands but when i stand over them it doesn't let me break them "Item Unavailable".

Other than that thanks for the fix for the crucible. That was annoying me tremendously (quitting smoking while playing DF, WORST IDEA EVER!)
Carpentry of furniture now requires a hand saw, which can now be forged.  The reaction to make the saw won't show up in old worlds, so you might want to edit them out or cheat yourself in a few if you need one.  I posted the beginnings of a crafting guide in the OP and pasted the note about secret acquisition.

Does that include breaking down of furniture?
As you cant make a handsaw until you break furniture.
It could be the cause of my problems.

You can break wooden items without any item besides the one you're breaking.  Unfortunately, you can't deconstruct buildings as an adventurer (stuff like cabinets and doors in furnished homes are built - when you [l]ook over a door you'll see the door listed twice, the first is the building and the second is the item the building is constructed out of - a door building is constructed with a door item).

With DF hack or something similar you can switch modes to mess with buildings but that's pretty advanced, and can easily lead to disaster.  A normal adventurer can easily find and break barrels, bins, chests, and (I think) tables that you find, anything that isn't part of a building.  If you go to an old fortress, any unbuilt furniture will be scattered around and the wooden stuff will be burnable.

I made a note of this in the OP, since it's probably not common knowledge.  Many people are probably just really trying out adventure mode now that the weirdness and cities are back.  I haven't had many problems with fuel with my own adventurers, one quick trip through a dungeon usually yields eight or nine chests, which end up making a nice amount of coal.  Abandoned marketplaces are a good source of barrels and bins.

I tried tables, chairs, beds, doors, cabinets, barrels and chests. Every combination of standing on them, having them in my hands. Standing on them with a crucible, standing on them with all the tools i have made in combination. Having them in my hands (when possible) with every tool i have.
Just doesnt seem to be able to break for me.
Always says "Item Unavailable" I don't know why :(
I have been going to each town fortress and camp i can, grabbing all of the Metal items and chests. I have repossessed a room in one of the fortresses to store it all in. I just need to get them melting and breaking. (no really, i have enough armour and weapons to equip a small army >.<).

Also, 2 things;
Have the Adventure made gloves been fixed yet?
And are the updates save compatible?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will spend the dorfbucks to buy me a new set of cards then. I sold my collection to finance my first round the world trip, but still get weird flashbacks and reads the spoilers online. Horrible addiction, played for 13 years, from '94 till I started travelling. Have you seen the pre-set worlds in my mod ? the names might strike oyu as familiar. :)

And something ontopic for a change: Will download the newest version and update. I also left a note in the Grim Grimoire thread, since I really like the renaming you did for the bodyparts and these guys might be interested. They already have 3-4 mods that make the bodyplans more realistic and your extra body.txt would fit right in.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .32g is up at DFFD.  Nothing too fancy, just keeping the mod up to date with DF.  A few more tweaks were made to entity positions and various headwear items were [SHAPED].  On the FF side I fixed the Maned Wolf descriptions.

I tried tables, chairs, beds, doors, cabinets, barrels and chests. Every combination of standing on them, having them in my hands. Standing on them with a crucible, standing on them with all the tools i have made in combination. Having them in my hands (when possible) with every tool i have.
Just doesnt seem to be able to break for me.
Always says "Item Unavailable" I don't know why :(
I have been going to each town fortress and camp i can, grabbing all of the Metal items and chests. I have repossessed a room in one of the fortresses to store it all in. I just need to get them melting and breaking. (no really, i have enough armour and weapons to equip a small army >.<).

Also, 2 things;
Have the Adventure made gloves been fixed yet?
And are the updates save compatible?

Wearable gloves can't be produced by custom reactions because there's no way to assign the right/left handedness.
They still make superior trade goods, since they're relatively light and the reaction makes two (trains skill twice as fast).

I double-checked the wood breaking reactions and they worked on this end, but they call on the [REACTION_CLASS:WOOD] that was added to the default wood template raw, so if you updated Dwarf Fortress over the mod, the template file would be overwritten and the reaction wouldn't work.  Let me know if you still encounter problems with .34g.

Updates to this mod will normally be save-compatible, but .34f and .34g probably won't be, thanks to entity position changes and the fractal dragons thing.

I will spend the dorfbucks to buy me a new set of cards then. I sold my collection to finance my first round the world trip, but still get weird flashbacks and reads the spoilers online. Horrible addiction, played for 13 years, from '94 till I started travelling. Have you seen the pre-set worlds in my mod ? the names might strike oyu as familiar. :)

And something ontopic for a change: Will download the newest version and update. I also left a note in the Grim Grimoire thread, since I really like the renaming you did for the bodyparts and these guys might be interested. They already have 3-4 mods that make the bodyplans more realistic and your extra body.txt would fit right in.

Thanks, I'm still testing the optional body file but it's been fun going.  It needs some tissue changes to go with it, the current setup makes creatures a bit too resistant to brutal injury.  I've been quietly following the Grim Grimoire thread and they've got some great stuff going on.  I'd like to see a fully-realized anatomical body mod that's accurate without being bawdy, and they seem to be the furthest along to that.

And addiction indeed, I've still got a great box of cards somewhere in the closet.  They're all about a decade old or more though, the game turned pretty unappealing to me after Hasbro got their mitts on it.  I did think Mirrodin was pretty cool though.  I have seen your Gaia world but I hadn't made the connection (how'd you make such a shaped world?  PerfectWorld?  Hand-painted?)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile

Version .32g is up at DFFD.  Nothing too fancy, just keeping the mod up to date with DF.  A few more tweaks were made to entity positions...

I'm excited to see that there's still someone who mods back in the philosopher, haha.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Come on, SeithCreyd! Get back to Wizard Tower! I loved that!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh babie, an update to both the game and my favorite mod!

Fractaldragons sound horrific. That said, add fractaldragons.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

break wood items has stopped working for me too

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just downloaded V 34g. Did you somehow miss the graphics_zoo.txt ? I can only find a magical_ff.txt and graphics_wizard.txt

I also made a few sprites myself, see this thread, and wil continue till the list is done.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .34h is up at DFFD.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Wizard Tower is now part of Dwarf Chocolate and can be found in the /extras folder of the archive.  There are quite a few differences between this and the 31.25 version of WT, but the general spirit of the mod will remain together.  It's still a WIP though, like the rest of this, so bear that in mind and feel free to post suggestions or issue reports.

I increased the severity and durations of various symptom-bearing interactions since running around as a Wizard adventurer was a little underwhelming.  Stunning is still OP, and further balance needs to be applied, but it's playable.

I changed the Speech mod a bit to correct some grammatical strangeness and add variety to religious-type greetings.  Let me know if people are saying anything weird or grammatically unsound.

I'm excited to see that there's still someone who mods back in the philosopher, haha.

They were my favorite in 40d, even over the DM.  Only nobles whose only demands in life were a place to bunk for the night and the freedom of time to befriend everyone and ponder the meaning of life.

Come on, SeithCreyd! Get back to Wizard Tower! I loved that!

There's no getting back, I'm afraid, it's all the same work now.  Hopefully you'll still love it  :)

Oh babie, an update to both the game and my favorite mod!

Fractaldragons sound horrific. That said, add fractaldragons.

It's sound like you're enjoying it so far, great!  Like the Sound Man, Fractaldragons would be a challenge to implement well, but challenges are the watermelon seeds of life.

Try installing the latest version and let me know if the issue persists.  I suspect the DF update overwrote the default material template and took the reaction class out of wood.

Just downloaded V 34g. Did you somehow miss the graphics_zoo.txt ? I can only find a magical_ff.txt and graphics_wizard.txt

I also made a few sprites myself, see this thread, and wil continue till the list is done.

Whoops, yeah, I must have missed it.  Good thing I declared graphics non-functional in the changelog  :)  I'll try to include them in the next upload or you can get them from Chariot's zoo mod, I never really changed them.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version .34h is up at DFFD.
Try installing the latest version and let me know if the issue persists.  I suspect the DF update overwrote the default material template and took the reaction class out of wood
Im goin to try this new version, keep up the masterpiece work of this mod!
but as i just logged in after a long day of work i will report that wanst working for me in the last two mod updates, and for each new update you do, i erase my current DF folder, copy again my untouched vanilla (recently updated to 34.06) instal your mod, and install phoebus (and my custom set of colors)

btw, i think that you dont have to remove it, as it is just a thing that nobody has to do if you dont want to be cheap (like equipping a massive ammount of shields) but you can make weapons and armors from any metal that you can get... is not a big deal as quality of steel of even the blue metal is something you have to work to get, but you could do easy gold blocks from coins, and make golden wips (or even platinum if you happen to find such furniture in abundance)
aaaaaaaand, another thing that i have to report is that you could use a LOT of different things in a reaction, and all transform to first item selected. ex: 1 gold coin + 499 copper = gold bar, 1 gold bar + 3 (or more i dont remember well) any metal bars = gold forged item
im not sure if you make a reaction for melting bolts or arrows or some kind of ammo, but using this you could potentially transform any kind of metals into others

sorry for my poor attempts to write english, and thanks again for the great mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to let you know that I have finished about 190 sprites so far, and I would guess that most of your creatures have been covered. Jackalopes, Cockatrice, Killer rabbits and flying reindeers ;) You know where to find them. I havent set up any graphics.txts yet, will do that when I have done all the sprites. About 200 more to go... never thought it would be that much.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have reinstalled everything, and still cant break woodem chests or barrels as i used to do to make fuel
nobody else is having the same problem?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .34i is up at DFFD.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

I'm really sleepy everyone, so I hope the changelog speaks for itself.  It's been fun fixing though.  Friendly warning, Wizard tantrums are hard to recover from.

Just wanted to let you know that I have finished about 190 sprites so far, and I would guess that most of your creatures have been covered. Jackalopes, Cockatrice, Killer rabbits and flying reindeers ;) You know where to find them. I havent set up any graphics.txts yet, will do that when I have done all the sprites. About 200 more to go... never thought it would be that much.

Great thanks Meph, looking forward to checking them out.  Quite a task that must have taken.

i have reinstalled everything, and still cant break woodem chests or barrels as i used to do to make fuel
nobody else is having the same problem?

Are you installing Phoebus over Chocolate?  If so, try installing Chocolate last and see if chest breaking works (but this would probably mess up some mineral graphics and probably other things too).

If not, I have no idea what the problem is, but if you upload the save I could take a look at it.  You could try removing [REACTION_CLASS:WOOD] from the save's reaction raws and replacing it with [ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL], but if you use it on a rope reed bag then I think you'll get a rope reed log.

The coin thing is annoying, so I'll probably limit it to "melt X coins" where is is copper, silver or gold.  The 500 coins per bar thing is accurate at least.  Allowing adventurers to forge any metal item with any type of metal is intentional, even if it lets the player make some odd things.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/graphics.rar

There you go, this is the graphics txt and the sprites for the first batch of sprites I will do. Most of your creatures should be in there, so just take whatever suits you. I do believe just copiyng everything will also work, even if the creatures mentioned in the graphics.txt are not in the raws.

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice mod, everything seems to work well. Until ...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:05:43 pm by utuki »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11