Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: ‼Ω‼ ‼¶‼ Dwarf Chocolate Mod .34.11 (Minecarts and Cooldowns) ‼#‼ ‼Π‼  (Read 75110 times)

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have melted and gotten the fuel right (follow the graphical instructions in the OP) but i still cant find (or make) a stone hammer...  someone knows how to deal with it?
What graphical instructions?
I dont see anything but the list of all interactions you can do. Which doesnt help me.
All i ever get is item unavaliable.
Tried every combination of backpack/Holding/Standing on the things i want to melt but i cant actually get the dam stuff to melt.

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(r)emove the items from the backpack, make sure that all the items are in your hands (or the floor beneath you) and you need a crucible, make one with 3 fire safe stones

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .34e is up at DFFD.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

It turns out that when you drop small rocks in adventurer mode, they are no longer usable by reactions.  This wasn't popping up in Arena testing, so thanks for alerting me to it, I hadn't realized the blockmaking was broken or I would've covered that last night.

Reactions for rocks won't take more than two at a time now, and you can use ore rocks to make bars.  Smithing uses coke as fuel, and you can make coke from charcoal - the amounts provided by burning wood are more generous thanks to wood's scarcity.  If you find coal rocks or peat, you essentially have an infinite source of fuel, you just need to process the stuff first.

You'll probably notice a bit of weirdness with selecting bars, where it needs to select one additional bar more than the reaction calls for.  I verified the material sizes demanded by each reaction, so it's just a problem with the way adventurer mode sizes them up.  The actual consumption is appropriate, so you won't burn through resources faster, but you'll need one extra of whatever you're using up in order to use it.

OP was updated with a continued crafting guide and an updated reaction list.  Like all new reactions, you'll need to gen a new world to see those, but I still suggest updating the save raws so that the other reactions are functioning as intended.  I'll keep dealing with bugs as they emerge, but I'd love hearing about everyone's adventures all the same.

i have melted and gotten the fuel right (follow the graphical instructions in the OP) but i still cant find (or make) a stone hammer...  someone knows how to deal with it?

The rock hammer it was asking for was really a metal hammer, it was showing as rock because of the METAL:NONE in the reagent token.  I improved the way that appears and also made hammers easier to make, all you need now are metal and wood, no furnace needed.

Thank you both.  You can start adventurer mode as a Wizard outsider, which will give you access to spells right away, but you won't be able to learn secrets later.  An adventurer of a mundane race can learn secrets by reading the books or the slabs, the way the Necromancer secrets work in standard DF, but most of the new secrets and their holders are found in keeps and such rather than Towers.  As for finding them, the surest way is to check out the slabs in Legends mode and try to follow their trail.

Thanks bro.

When you say keeps, what do you mean? What kind of keeps? Surely not just the regular human ones right?

Sure do, take this bit from one world's Legends:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The yellow line was the entirety of the slab's history, and neither it nor Inan ever left Soaredpleat afterward.  It doesn't mention the exact building it gets stored in, but it should be thrown in with the rest of the secret-holder's possessions.

My pyromancer is actually a native who went exploring in the old dungeons. I am currently in the morgue. Dead bodies everywhere leading to it, and tons of coffins and memorials in the room itself. If only Elf Retreats existed. I could go to their continent, which is actually pretty close. I think it's the Dwarves on one continent, the Elves on the other, and the humans on two tiny islands including the one I'm on. I'm not sure if my world has Goblins.

Oh, and how heavy is cheese?

The general density of cheese is reported in the template as 1200 urist, 400 urist less than most common soils.  Not a stellar projectile by any means, but it can still shatter bone with enough velocity.

It's a pity you aren't a necromancer, what with all those bodies nearby.  But maybe you'll learn the secrets of life and death before you leave.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drat. I sleep off my lung wound and get woken up by three mooks. Not even my amazing cheesy powers saved me.

Haha. I just accused the emperor of the same kingdom by mistake. Turns out he's a vampire. Who would want to rule one little city anyway?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:33:02 pm by Vgray »

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod sounds lung-meltingly fantastic. Can't wait to play this!
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't find the "Cremate Vermin" option in the Crematorium. Just the options to cremate bones, corpses, and plants, and the first two are reddened.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Drat. I sleep off my lung wound and get woken up by three mooks. Not even my amazing cheesy powers saved me.

Haha. I just accused the emperor of the same kingdom by mistake. Turns out he's a vampire. Who would want to rule one little city anyway?

World gen seems to favor vampire rulers.  I found an abandoned city straddling an evil ocean, and was surprised to find a Reptile Woman empress in the keep there.  Checked her inventory, chuckled at all the human bones, then a follower stuck her throat and that was that.  I went up the stairs and found all the human denizens of the city who were thrilled to learn their oppressor was slain.  The adventurer's still alive but I'm curious to check legends and find out how the heck the vampire lizard lady came to rule over a ruined kingdom.

I can't find the "Cremate Vermin" option in the Crematorium. Just the options to cremate bones, corpses, and plants, and the first two are reddened.

Thanks for letting me know, the [PERMITTED_REACTION:CREMATE_REMAINS] token is missing from the dwarf entities, I'll fix that for the next version and double-check the other cremate options.  Melting of legwear is missing and so is the option to make metal tables, and a couple of the new ore-smelting reactions call for too many rocks, so those will get fixed too.

There is a problem working with dry peat in Adventurer mode, clay might have similar issues.  Like the cheese emissions, soils picked up in Adventurer mode are not ROCK items but some kind of indefinite powder that cannot be utilized in reactions.  I noticed this after finding a nice little lair in a peat bog (newly vacated by a vampire).  I made a couple pots and cabinets out of melted down armor and stored all the gear, and it's safe to sleep here so it looks like home for now.  Not being able to use the peat is a bummer, but I haven't uncovered other adventuring issues yet.  I'll try some science to see what can be done to make soil a useful reagent.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Dont know if this has been brought up to your attention, but you might want to check your chromatic dragons, dragon_ff.txt

[BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2WINGS:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

This is double in the creature dragon ff. All dragons have this declared before the caste, and in the caste, which leads to them having bodyparts on every bodypart. Makes them rather difficult to kill btw.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

F.. fractal dragons?  *eyes glisten*

Many thanks for letting me know, I did wonder about the odd way their bodies displayed, but with no errorlog, I didn't notice or even consider that they were dragons made of dragons.  This might be a good feature to apply to eldritch abominations.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I noticed by chance, but I know the phenomenon by hand, since I had... fractal dwarfs while testing my caste system for the first time. Someone chopped of the left hand of my left leg, so I naturally wondered about that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me again.

I've not been able to break down any Beds, Chairs or Cabinets into wood.
Obviously it wouldn't let me pick them up to break in my hands but when i stand over them it doesn't let me break them "Item Unavailable".

Other than that thanks for the fix for the crucible. That was annoying me tremendously (quitting smoking while playing DF, WORST IDEA EVER!)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Not sure if it was the mod or not but summer first year a kobold axeman ambush of about 15 just pop up I had to draft everyone 3 out of my 13 dwarfs died. hmmm I wounder if it was a bandit camp or something

Edit: Well so much for that fort 2 squads a axeman and Bow of kobold now only 6 dwarf remain that are all in the hospital lol
Edit 2: woot 31 dwarf wave was down to 2 not dead yet
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:23:56 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kaplahworm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Carpentry of furniture now requires a hand saw, which can now be forged.  The reaction to make the saw won't show up in old worlds, so you might want to edit them out or cheat yourself in a few if you need one.  I posted the beginnings of a crafting guide in the OP and pasted the note about secret acquisition.

Does that include breaking down of furniture?
As you cant make a handsaw until you break furniture.
It could be the cause of my problems.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to report another, potential, issue. The Night Mares do melt. At least in the arena, but I know that the default temperature there is higher then the average one in fortress mode. But for creatures using flame attacks they do burn quite easily.

Since my mod is by default played in phoebus I am planning to do a full set of 16*16 sprites for everything in it. As this includes your FF creatures I might be able to hand you a sprite set for all the crazyness you did, beer mans and dragon engines (mishras?) and more...

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile

Version .34f is up at DFFD.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

This update's about filling in some blanks and continuing fixes.  I touched up the Crematory reactions but they're still temperamental, I'm going to overhaul that building once I get a chance to sit down with it.

Me again.

I've not been able to break down any Beds, Chairs or Cabinets into wood.
Obviously it wouldn't let me pick them up to break in my hands but when i stand over them it doesn't let me break them "Item Unavailable".

Other than that thanks for the fix for the crucible. That was annoying me tremendously (quitting smoking while playing DF, WORST IDEA EVER!)
Carpentry of furniture now requires a hand saw, which can now be forged.  The reaction to make the saw won't show up in old worlds, so you might want to edit them out or cheat yourself in a few if you need one.  I posted the beginnings of a crafting guide in the OP and pasted the note about secret acquisition.

Does that include breaking down of furniture?
As you cant make a handsaw until you break furniture.
It could be the cause of my problems.

You can break wooden items without any item besides the one you're breaking.  Unfortunately, you can't deconstruct buildings as an adventurer (stuff like cabinets and doors in furnished homes are built - when you [l]ook over a door you'll see the door listed twice, the first is the building and the second is the item the building is constructed out of - a door building is constructed with a door item).

With DF hack or something similar you can switch modes to mess with buildings but that's pretty advanced, and can easily lead to disaster.  A normal adventurer can easily find and break barrels, bins, chests, and (I think) tables that you find, anything that isn't part of a building.  If you go to an old fortress, any unbuilt furniture will be scattered around and the wooden stuff will be burnable.

I made a note of this in the OP, since it's probably not common knowledge.  Many people are probably just really trying out adventure mode now that the weirdness and cities are back.  I haven't had many problems with fuel with my own adventurers, one quick trip through a dungeon usually yields eight or nine chests, which end up making a nice amount of coal.  Abandoned marketplaces are a good source of barrels and bins.

Not sure if it was the mod or not but summer first year a kobold axeman ambush of about 15 just pop up I had to draft everyone 3 out of my 13 dwarfs died. hmmm I wounder if it was a bandit camp or something

Edit: Well so much for that fort 2 squads a axeman and Bow of kobold now only 6 dwarf remain that are all in the hospital lol
Edit 2: woot 31 dwarf wave was down to 2 not dead yet

It sounds like the kobolds had an unusually successful world-gen.  It might have to do with having more civs to steal from, but I'll check over the added kobold entity for any anomalies.

Just wanted to report another, potential, issue. The Night Mares do melt. At least in the arena, but I know that the default temperature there is higher then the average one in fortress mode. But for creatures using flame attacks they do burn quite easily.

Since my mod is by default played in phoebus I am planning to do a full set of 16*16 sprites for everything in it. As this includes your FF creatures I might be able to hand you a sprite set for all the crazyness you did, beer mans and dragon engines (mishras?) and more...

Thank you Meph, I fixed up that section of the mares and they're currently set to melt at about 22000.  Phoebus is a great tileset, and the sprite set sounds intriguing, can't wait to see it done.  There are a few sprites included for some of the FF creatures you're free to make use of (all in the zoo folder is Chariot's work).  That set is entirely incomplete, though.

Anyway, I award you ten million dwarfbucks for catching the reference.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11