Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672772 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2610 on: July 11, 2014, 05:21:22 pm »

I can't get over how dumb that potato salad thing is. There's so many awesome independent bands who have kickstarters up for legitimate things, and they don't get any money because they fall short of their modest goal by a couple hundred dollars. This guy gets $70000 for a fucking potato salad. People have more way money than brains it seems.
Dude, it's a fucking potato salad. What's not to love?

The fact that it's potato salad, and the fact that it's ridiculous how much money he got?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2611 on: July 11, 2014, 05:25:20 pm »

Don't you have a band or something?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 11, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

I do, but I've never done a kickstarter. I just know a lot of different bands from my time playing, and there's a few I know that have tried to go the kickstarter route to fund albums. They ask for a few thousand dollars, and fall short by a couple hundred, which on kickstarter means they get nothing. That's why a lot more independent bands are turning to Indiegogo, because then if you fall short by $10, at least you get 90% of what you already raised.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2613 on: July 11, 2014, 05:46:28 pm »

I see.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2614 on: July 11, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

'Bite of potato salad' doesn't include shipping, you have to come to the party for it.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 11, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

I don't mind a popular Potato salad Kickstarter... I mean... if it is REALLY good potato salad it is worth the price.

I mean people spend more the a million dollars a year on bread... yet no one wants to tear bread a new one.

Now if it was a joke kickstarter that people really bought into... that is just odd.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: July 11, 2014, 09:19:55 pm »

It was a joke kickstarter. The original goal was $100, and I doubt that the author even expected that much.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: July 11, 2014, 09:32:00 pm »

It was a joke kickstarter. The original goal was $100, and I doubt that the author even expected that much.

I thought it was $10? Either way, it was obviously a joke.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 11, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

Yeah It was 10$
Fuck it I need potato salad now, brb.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: July 11, 2014, 11:47:38 pm »

Yeah It was 10$

Trust me GOOD potato salad is just that good.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: July 12, 2014, 12:07:05 am »

Yeah. Taxes and having too much money doesn't seem like a issue, after all he can just pocket the excess in theory as a profit after the party can't he? Then do as he wants with it. Although, actually reading his kickstarter rewards, I'm not sure how he thinks he can send a single bite of salad to everyone. And how he is going to fit in like 350 people into his kitchen. How he is going to add like 800 different ingredients to the salad. Even saying like three thousand peoples names as he makes this stuff.
Dude, it's a satirical kickstarter to begin with. If he's smart, here's what's going to happen:
He will say as many of the names as he can while making the potato salad. He will then mail out a bite of potato salad to everyone... until he runs out of it. Afterwards, he posts an update on Kickstarter, profusely apologizing for his inability to deliver on the promised backer rewards. Followed a few weeks later by a second update, talking about how he spent all the money on booze to deal with the stress of it all.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: July 12, 2014, 12:15:38 am »

Yeah It was 10$

Trust me GOOD potato salad is just that good.
I don't need $10 for my potato salad, just Roasted Potato, Steamed potato, fried potato, mashed potato, and cream of potato souip.....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2622 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: July 12, 2014, 12:49:12 am »

That... actually can happen depending on what recipe you are going for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:04 am »

Oh man, tasty KS fail drama here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/23/areal-kickstarter-suspended-stalker-spirital-successor/#more-222199

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is becoming one of those titles where it seems like everyone has some claim to fame with it. I've lost track of the number of STALKER-inspired games I've heard about since GSC closed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 213