Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672743 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2595 on: June 14, 2014, 03:28:33 pm »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: June 14, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:21 am »

We want 150,000$ dollars for an arch subdistro with wayland.

Developed by the people that worked on ADRUINO (sic) SOFTWARE and LINUX KERNEL

I am a highly-qualified software engineers from the best software institutes in India(IIT's), trained to deliver the highest  quality Embedded Systems and Telecommunications software.

And your photo looks like it was taken from a security camera circa 1990.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 11, 2014, 10:51:30 am »

Really, a hype page for a Kickstarter he's planning on making? We're getting dangerously close to "Kickstarter to make a Kickstarter" here.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 11, 2014, 12:01:23 pm »

Really, a hype page for a Kickstarter he's planning on making? We're getting dangerously close to "Kickstarter to make a Kickstarter" here.

Generating hype prior to a Kickstarter is actually a good idea.  You need an audience that already wants in on what you're doing before you launch the Kickstarter, so you can maximize your initial funding.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:20 pm »

Hey guys, I made this site because I need to build interest in a Kickstarter I'm planning. I'll use the funds to create a second web site - a deep, immersive one that will draw a lot of attention to a Kickstarter I'm launching several months after the launch of the site. With that kickstarter, I'm going to make a video game.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 11, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

Since this has been brought back I'll say 2 words; Potato salad!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad
Backers
$46,530
pledged of $10 goal
days to go
Potato Salad Kickstarter Guy May Have to Swallow $21,000 Tax Bill
The Guy Who Raised $US70,000 For Potato Salad On Kickstarter Wants To Give Money To Charity, But Kickstarter's Rules Won't Let Him
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 11, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »

Now he's trapped in a potato salad prison of his own design.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 11, 2014, 12:47:07 pm »

Generating hype prior to a Kickstarter is actually a good idea.  You need an audience that already wants in on what you're doing before you launch the Kickstarter, so you can maximize your initial funding.
cue potato salad

EDIT:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beatles1/nothing-simulator-2015

I'd give them a $, but they only take £, and $1.70 is almost half a slice of gourmet pizza.
This is why we can't have nice things.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:49:34 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »

I don't see why the tax is a problem, even if he's losing 30% of it to tax he will have still made a bunch of money.

That is of course if he doesn't just decide to hire a band or something for his party to spend the money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »

Yeah. Taxes and having too much money doesn't seem like a issue, after all he can just pocket the excess in theory as a profit after the party can't he? Then do as he wants with it. Although, actually reading his kickstarter rewards, I'm not sure how he thinks he can send a single bite of salad to everyone. And how he is going to fit in like 350 people into his kitchen. How he is going to add like 800 different ingredients to the salad. Even saying like three thousand peoples names as he makes this stuff.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »

Those are challenges, but on the other hand he'll be swimming in cash.  A decent events manager could probably deal with them.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:53 pm »

I can't get over how dumb that potato salad thing is. There's so many awesome independent bands who have kickstarters up for legitimate things, and they don't get any money because they fall short of their modest goal by a couple hundred dollars. This guy gets $70000 for a fucking potato salad. People have more way money than brains it seems.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2609 on: July 11, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »

I can't get over how dumb that potato salad thing is. There's so many awesome independent bands who have kickstarters up for legitimate things, and they don't get any money because they fall short of their modest goal by a couple hundred dollars. This guy gets $70000 for a fucking potato salad. People have more way money than brains it seems.
Dude, it's a fucking potato salad. What's not to love?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 213