Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672669 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2475 on: September 29, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »

I have a handful of SMBC pages that I could post here, but I can't decide D:

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 29, 2013, 04:50:03 pm »

Anybody that knows anything about science should know that "it uses quantum physics" means that it's bullshit.
Quantum computers.
are in the work. Still far from the PC stage, but I heard the next F-something will be designed with the help of a quantum computer.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: September 29, 2013, 09:11:55 pm »

Also, they don't replace standard CPUs.  They are better at some things, but they are not good for what we use computers for, in the general case.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: September 29, 2013, 09:26:45 pm »

WHAT the.... Fuck:
"Mary Woods posted an announcement 5 days ago

I am grateful to participate in the Quantum Home Energy Generator Project as part of the support team.  Since it is "quantum", an essential part is working in the unified field of consciousness, "holding the vision" of what is already manifested in the higher dimensions.  In the spirit of cooperating and co-creating with these higher creative energies, I see my contribution as a Vision Holder, working in the thought atmosphere, attuning to The Source and feeling the flow of the true free energy; love, wisdom, and power, abundantly available to all.  Like an idea whose time has come, we are the one's we have been waiting for, to bring in this new paradigm of free energy through our intention and alignment with the call.
That's fairly bog-standard new-age bullshit actually. The biggest proponent of which is probably Deepak Chopra.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:30:02 pm by alway »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:33 am »

Quantum encryption is also a real thing.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36:06 am »

Not quite. There are some that work off trying to harness energy in the environment.
Those are not perpetual motion machines by definition.
Nope, but people can still claim them to be perpetual motion and fool others.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 30, 2013, 12:18:05 pm »

Alright, in 99% of the cases, "it uses quantum physics!" is equal to "it uses magic!".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »

Alright, in 99% of the cases, "it uses quantum physics!" is equal to "it uses magic!".
hmm  :o

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: September 30, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »

i saw this on kickstarter today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790324578/foldylock-the-premium-folding-bike-lock
epic video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqP6qzNwqBU

and i wonder they can succeed...
it isnt a new idea, and not the best lock technology, 1-2 min with right tool and they stole your bike.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:01 pm »

i saw this on kickstarter today: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790324578/foldylock-the-premium-folding-bike-lock

it isnt a new idea, and not the best lock technology, 1-2 min with right tool and they stole your bike.
So whats the fail of it exactly?

It doesnt seem like they have a physical lock yet.  And I also dun think you're getting a folding lock in awesome kewl coolers because its safe.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:00 pm »

I'm assuming the finished lock won't still be made of plastic, will it? Though even a steel version would be rather easy to break with a screwdriver placed into those convienently large hinge holes.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 01, 2013, 08:24:05 am »

So whats the fail of it exactly?

It doesnt seem like they have a physical lock yet.  And I also dun think you're getting a folding lock in awesome kewl coolers because its safe.
"There are a lot of such locks already on the market. The Abus Bordo Granite series for example. What's the novelty? Also, it only takes a few minutes to cut through an Abus Bordo with a tungsten or diamond saw which costs ten bucks. I don't think this one would last longer. Also it's very ill-suited for a close combat weapon."

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 01, 2013, 08:24:31 am »

I'm assuming the finished lock won't still be made of plastic, will it? Though even a steel version would be rather easy to break with a screwdriver placed into those convienently large hinge holes.

Holes?  Those are bolts.  You're seeing reflection.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 01, 2013, 08:33:51 am »

Anybody that knows anything about science should know that "it uses quantum physics" means that it's bullshit.
Quantum computers.
are in the work. Still far from the PC stage, but I heard the next F-something will be designed with the help of a quantum computer.
But those don't use "Quantum physics". If you look for it, you'll find a detailed explanation of how the thing works, and which Quantum effects it uses for that. Not, Quantum = Problem solved.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 01, 2013, 09:11:23 am »

Quantum computers.
But those don't use "Quantum physics". If you look for it, you'll find a detailed explanation of how the thing works, and which Quantum effects it uses for that. Not, Quantum = Problem solved.
oh I see what you mean. It uses quantum physics, not "quantum physics #handwavium" ;)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 213