Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672665 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2460 on: September 13, 2013, 12:19:01 pm »

I tried to write a response to that but this picture is more concise
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is mine:

Uhh, a good bleeding with some leeches.  Wait wait, no no!  Not leeches!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 26, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 26, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/78541249/feistybutt-fun-goes-to-the-farm

I'm linking this mainly for the website name.

I think we all want Feisty butts to succeed.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 26, 2013, 09:32:17 pm »

That's a really unique art and writing style.

Not sure if good or bad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 26, 2013, 09:35:29 pm »

That's a really unique art and writing style.

Not sure if good or bad.

*Shrugs*

I'll ask Robert Munch.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 27, 2013, 10:26:56 am »

WHAT the.... Fuck:
"Mary Woods posted an announcement 5 days ago

I am grateful to participate in the Quantum Home Energy Generator Project as part of the support team.  Since it is "quantum", an essential part is working in the unified field of consciousness, "holding the vision" of what is already manifested in the higher dimensions.  In the spirit of cooperating and co-creating with these higher creative energies, I see my contribution as a Vision Holder, working in the thought atmosphere, attuning to The Source and feeling the flow of the true free energy; love, wisdom, and power, abundantly available to all.  Like an idea whose time has come, we are the one's we have been waiting for, to bring in this new paradigm of free energy through our intention and alignment with the call.
Someone confused 'observation' with 'Spiritual stuff'
What is this I dont even

I'm facepalming so hard that the LISA satellite may have detected the gravitational ripples through space time I created. And that joke is still more scientific that this nonsense.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2466 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:23 am »

From that perpetual motion crackpot:

The words 'quantum field' sound mysterious, but this is just another way to say 'smaller than atoms.' The energy source for the QEG is the same
force which holds atoms together.

No, Quantum Field is a science fiction phrase meaning "magic happens here." And there already is a way to get energy from the force that holds atoms together; it's called a fission reactor.

EDIT:
This is great. This guy isn't insane, he's intentionally defrauding people. His principle is the electronic equivalent of using a waterwheel to power a pump that drives the waterwheel.

I mean, just because it works in Dwarf Fortress...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:49:24 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:37 pm »

From that perpetual motion crackpot:

The words 'quantum field' sound mysterious, but this is just another way to say 'smaller than atoms.' The energy source for the QEG is the same
force which holds atoms together.

No, Quantum Field is a science fiction phrase meaning "magic happens here." And there already is a way to get energy from the force that holds atoms together; it's called a fission reactor.

To be fair, quantum mechanics is confusing enough to the unwashed (which is to say everyone who isn't a college-educated physicist, which is to say 99.99% of the population) that it's one of the few scientific bits that can be passed off reasonably as magic anymore, now that an increasing lot of people can see through formerly-"magic" things like genetic engineering or nuclear stuff.

In a few decades it'll be more demystified to the general population, and honestly I'm not sure if there's anything more esoteric than quantum physics, so I don't know what will replace it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 28, 2013, 01:56:27 pm »

Personally I'm a fan of Feynman Diagrams, which assume that positirons are simply time-reversed electrons.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 28, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

His principle is the electronic equivalent of using a waterwheel to power a pump that drives the waterwheel.
I'm pretty sure that holds true of absolutely all perpetual energy generators.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 29, 2013, 03:15:06 am »

Anybody that knows anything about science should know that "it uses quantum physics" means that it's bullshit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 29, 2013, 09:10:35 am »

His principle is the electronic equivalent of using a waterwheel to power a pump that drives the waterwheel.
I'm pretty sure that holds true of absolutely all perpetual energy generators.
Not quite. There are some that work off trying to harness energy in the environment.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:04 am »

Not quite. There are some that work off trying to harness energy in the environment.

Those are not perpetual motion machines by definition.
Perpetual motion describes motion that continues indefinitely without any external source of energy.

"The environment" is classified as "external" otherwise you could claim that a solar panel attached to the roof is merely "drawing energy from the ambient environment."

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 29, 2013, 09:48:36 am »

Or a giant coil that seems like it's getting you free energy, untill the electricity company shows up at your door demanding payment for all the juice you've stolen from the nearby powerlines.
'But it was free energy from the environment!"
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 29, 2013, 04:37:12 pm »

Anybody that knows anything about science should know that "it uses quantum physics" means that it's bullshit.
Quantum computers.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 213