Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 672744 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #2235 on: May 04, 2013, 08:24:15 pm »

playing with your laptop in bed.

I'm not sure it's the radiation from the laptop that's gonna waste precious reproductive cells if that's what you're using it for. IYKWIM.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

LaDestitute

• Bay Watcher
  • Razor Sharp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 05, 2013, 08:25:30 am »

Not sure if I'm going to believe something like that.
Zelda Gamekit

The following is true: The former is false.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 05, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »

I'm not sure it's the radiation from the laptop that's gonna waste precious reproductive cells if that's what you're using it for. IYKWIM.

it the heat that does the damage, just like tight trousers and wearing clothes in bed.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 05, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »

Coins of Harmony - Six Collectible Pony Coins is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

Description of copyrighted material: Hasbro, Inc. and Hasbro Studios LLC (“Hasbro”), which own the copyrights and trademarks for the MY LITTLE PONY® (commonly referred to as “MLP”) line of toy ponies, and the FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC® animated television series. Hasbro’s copyrights and trademarks also include the pony character images and names such as RAINBOW DASH®, PINKIE PIE®, TWILIGHT SPARKLE®, RARITY®, FLUTTERSHY®, and APPLEJACK® as well as their corresponding “Cutie Marks,” or the unique symbols located on the ponies’ haunches which identify each pony (for example, the RAINBOW DASH character’s “Cutie Mark” is a rainbow lightning bolt emerging from a cloud).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 05, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

Why am I not surprised at that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:09 pm »

I'm definitely not. Hasbro has shut down just about everything that poses even a minor fraction of a threat to copyright.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 05, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

Have they? I think they've almost completely limited themselves to commercial endeavours that threaten loss of their trademark or might generally reflect poorly on the brand.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 05, 2013, 05:54:07 pm »

Sorry, my definition of "threat to copyright" may be a bit more lenient than others :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 05, 2013, 05:56:26 pm »

Sorry, my definition of "threat to copyright" may be a bit more lenient than others :P
Are you sure you aren't getting it confused with trademarks?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 05, 2013, 06:18:00 pm »

I'm definitely not. Hasbro has shut down just about everything that poses even a minor fraction of a threat to copyright.

I was going to say "Eeyup", but now I'm worried they'll C&D me for that one too.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 05, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »

To be fair, I'd have an issue if someone was producing and selling commemorative coins of my active, toy-selling brand.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 05, 2013, 06:48:50 pm »

This is one of those things where a takedown is completely reasonable. Because, y'know, people are trying to actively sell a product specifically tied to something which Hasbro owns.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2247 on: May 05, 2013, 08:47:06 pm »

Yeah, that's simply amazing that somebody thought they'd get away with it in the first place.

As an aside, why do lawyers feel the need to write the names of characters in all caps? It reminds me of the Lord of the Rings risk game I got a few years back. Every single card had a disclaimer on the bottom like "'ROHAN(c) is a copyrighted(c) property of PARAMOUNT(c) or WHATEVER(c) company it was that MADE(c)(c) the STUPID(c) movie. (c)"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:18 pm »

Because lawyers are actually very lazy and will just speed read through all everything, the caps ensure they at least see that theres something related to the case inside? :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 05, 2013, 09:56:15 pm »

This is one of those things where a takedown is completely reasonable. Because, y'know, people are trying to actively sell a product specifically tied to something which Hasbro owns.

Yeah, I'd say here it's justified, but it brings to mind the more dubious takedowns that caused widespread butthurt.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 213