Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673452 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #1500 on: July 27, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »

thanks, that filled me with joy, and leaves me eager to return to it

:)

Started up my own recently.  Just text though.  I don't have the patience or skill for art.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 28, 2012, 01:06:48 am »

Hm, I've begun neglecting my existing forum game already... I know I'll be way too busy to keep up another one soon, and yet, the temptation is there...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:35 am »

The "too big" argument is disingenuous from the outset. People gave up to that amount willingly out of their own pocket and it was much, much, much, much, much greater than the asked-for amount. Please cease and desist this logical inconsistency that several haters have picked up as a flagship piece of their argument against this project around the internet. There is absolutely no such thing as too big in this case, as literally everyone who donated was given the option of not doing so. People wanted this, and so it will be done.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 28, 2012, 01:35:00 am »

The "too big" argument is disingenuous from the outset. People gave up to that amount willingly out of their own pocket and it was much, much, much, much, much greater than the asked-for amount. Please cease and desist this logical inconsistency that several haters have picked up as a flagship piece of their argument against this project around the internet. There is absolutely no such thing as too big in this case, as literally everyone who donated was given the option of not doing so. People wanted this, and so it will be done.
Hrm... thats very interesting.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 28, 2012, 01:50:45 am »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/219812386/mysteries-of-bosnian-pyramids-i-road-to-recognitio-0?ref=search Featuring 1 character, an AMAZING 3 levels with 3 sub levels for a total of 9! Weapons include knive sord chain gang and lazar!!! Fight dangrus beast like giant bug!! Collect energy balls To prevent End of Worrld. Save palnet be super heroe. Get Kill enemies like zombie and Gohst Brought to you by Bosnian famous arkaelogist Semir Sam Osmanaigh discoverer of famuz pyramid in Bosnia. They ar not hills but REAL pyramid buried under hill

Haha, amazing.  This HAS to be a troll.

On the last level you'll fight the most difficult enemy to defeat - giant bug! Your weapon to defeat this enemy is laser. But initail power of laser is weak. Laser gets enough power to kill when you collect all items.

Semir is real and he is a prominent (read: only) supporter of the Bosnian Pyramid theory. I can see him doing thus for attention.

e: I like how Serbia is "Seabia" on the map.
Judging from wiki, it looks like this Semir character is really, truly, that crazy. He says that his goal is to complete excavation of the pyramids and thus "break a cloud of negative energy, allowing the Earth to receive cosmic energy from the centre of the galaxy". Yeah. As I read the wiki, I thought he might just be hell-bent on making a big archaeological discovery for himself, but no... he's outright fucking nuts.

He's also not a native English speaker, which mostly explains the abominable grammar on his kickstarter. As for why on earth he didn't just hire a native English speaker to translate or at least proofread? Well, see point number one, individual is fucking nuts.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 28, 2012, 04:21:54 am »

i'm not sure if that's directed at me or not, but i do not identify with the word hater, and feel that reply(if it is a reply to my posts) kind of misses my point. i am not opposed to this project at all, and as i stated before, i'm perfectly aware that this girl didn't ask for this much money, and even if she doest feel comfortable with so much funding there's not really much she can do about it. if anybody is at fault here, besides the bullies that harassed her, are the people who pledged so much just to spite the trolls, but i can't really blame these either because i myself felt an urge to contribute after witnessing the abuse she endured
i'm not using this as an argument against her or against her project, just stating how i feel about it.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

He's also not a native English speaker, which mostly explains the abominable grammar on his kickstarter. As for why on earth he didn't just hire a native English speaker to translate or at least proofread?
The sad thing is that he lived in USA for years.

Oh, and he's crazier than you think. On one of the "pyramids" there's a genuine archaeological site, an early medieval settlement, and he's destroying it with his excavations.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:27:39 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 28, 2012, 10:56:02 am »

He's also not a native English speaker, which mostly explains the abominable grammar on his kickstarter. As for why on earth he didn't just hire a native English speaker to translate or at least proofread?
The sad thing is that he lived in USA for years.

Oh, and he's crazier than you think. On one of the "pyramids" there's a genuine archaeological site, an early medieval settlement, and he's destroying it with his excavations.

1. That's insane.
2. He's still living in the US. According to Wikipedia he lives in Houston, where he owns a metalworking business.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »

i disagree with this. most people of any subset or subculture are unreasonable. percentages may vary, but i doubt that in any group reasonableness is prevalent
although i recognise and share many feminist views(being a militant of a leftist party whose core ideals revolve around feminism and lgbt rights), from personal experience i think i can assert safely that the amount of sexist feminists that claim all men are bastards and should be second class citizens to women is much higher than 1 percent of the movement. if i had to risk a guess i'd say 10 to 15 percent

Wow. I actually specifically said "1%" as a low guess, because I was afraid that even that would seem too large, and that people would falsely accuse me of being a right-wing anti-feminist type. But if a leftist feminist (who, no offense intended, will probably be subconsciously biased, and thus slightly apologetic) would guess 10-15% , then I'm scared of what the real number must be.

I think you undersestimate the number of left-wing douchebags who basically think "I'm pro choice and stuff, that means I can call anyone who wants more than that a crazy feminist bitch." See: Reddit, pretty much in its entirety.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:22:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 28, 2012, 03:09:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure self righteous and hypocritical douchebags infest every political ideology.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 28, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

Sine when was being 'pro-life' a left wing thing?  Since when wasn't feminism?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 28, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

I think that was a typo, and he meant pro-choice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 28, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »

Yeah, oops. Pretty big difference there.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 28, 2012, 04:25:18 pm »

I also can't say I know any feminists who aren't pro-choice.  You seem to be mixing up your talking points a little.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 28, 2012, 04:31:52 pm »

I said "more than that", referring to anything feminists want that's beyond popularly accepted things like abortion rights. I don't know how you're getting pro-life feminists out of my post.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 213