Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 673247 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #810 on: May 03, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »

while researching for my next kickstarter project, which for safety reasons i'll keep secret, i stumbled upon this unfortunately unsuccessful project
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theandyerickson/hench-the-game-a-card-and-dice-game?ref=users

the guy probably didn't know where to advertise this.
Awwwww That sounded awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 03, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »

This is a big thread. What is a hookerbot?
Exactly what it sounds like. Being more specific some troll suggested that there should be hookerbots in the game, whats his name balks at this, troll pesters him a little, the idiot/idea man caves. Also one term, unlike bait-and-switch rape, which we do not come out on the top with Google.

Edit: anyway here is in counter to the threads title here is an awesome kickstarter which is way beyond its goal and still has a week to go.

Someone finally got around to creating this thread's good cousing, btw.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #813 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:55 pm »

The same thing that was with game companies and MMOs. They are perceived as a high profit market because of WoW despite all the corpses that litter the path to being a successful one. Though I think Kickstarter may be attracting a fair number of them because of people having played them and liked them but would like to change that one thing they wanted did not like or have the setting they wanted.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 04, 2012, 01:06:43 am »

That ogre kickstarter is fairly amazing:
Steve Jackson:  'So you know, if you can spare it, id like 20 grand to make my game, if you wouldnt mind'
Gaming public: 'STAND STILL SO WE CAN JAM 1000's OF DOLLARS INTO EVERY ORIFICE OF YOUR BODY'
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 04, 2012, 01:10:44 am »

Its Steve Jackson. He made GURPS and Munchkin. Anything he tries to do will get people interested.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #816 on: May 04, 2012, 01:12:29 am »

Plus its a game where one side gets to control a whole army and the other side gets a tank so awesome its more like a fortress on the go. Oh and yeah, Steve Jackson
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 04, 2012, 01:14:37 am »

Plus its a game where one side gets to control a whole army and the other side gets a tank so awesome its more like a fortress on the go. Oh and yeah, Steve Jackson
I think the Steve Jackson part is the most important part. On a related note: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 04, 2012, 01:18:22 am »

I chucked the link up on when kickstarter goes right thread, hope you dont mind
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #819 on: May 04, 2012, 01:52:56 am »

I highly advise chucking the link all over the place.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 04, 2012, 08:55:38 am »

I'd like Steve Jackson games more if they were balanced.

Played Ninja Burger with a bunch of college friends and I shit you not this was said:

"STOP READING THE DAMN CARDS AND JUST TAKE YOUR TURN!"

Ayup.

And a few minutes later, the player who was in the lead, said, "You know, some of the characters are just outright 'better' than the rest.  Mine, for example...sigh."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 04, 2012, 09:07:35 am »

Not going to chip into the SJ game. I mean, he's Steve freaking Jackson. He needs $20,000 to do a game like EA needs $100,000 to make one.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:25 am »

Not going to chip into the SJ game. I mean, he's Steve freaking Jackson. He needs $20,000 to do a game like EA needs $100,000 to make one.

Also this.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #823 on: May 04, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »

To be fair he is not asking money to do the game, he was going to release it anyway. The Kickstarter is so he could release more then just a few thousand copies of it and also to gauge interest. I mean really one the thing that happens if they reach 550k (which being at ~524k is near) they start interviewing for a Orge line manager. This is not and never was about getting money to make something or finance something. It was all about seeing how interested people where in having the Orge line make a comeback.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 04, 2012, 02:05:04 pm »

Just for the record, GURPS is like the least playable system ever.  Every group I've known that has tried to play it has thrown out so many rules (chargen is the first to go) that it's basically RTD with four stats that you squint at and go "hmm".  Also, setting?  What setting?  If anyone's had good experiences with it, it's because they are good at winging it.

Munchkin is also the game of choice of insufferable pricks huge nerds.  Who, for some reason I can't quite fathom, always seem to want to combine ALL THE DECKS.  Seriously guys:  Once you cram six decks into it, you've just spent over a hundred bucks on a card game that's barely even playable.  (Even if a catgirl cultist with vampire powers is kind of neat on the face of it.)

I dunno.  His other stuff is good, but those two games are easily near the top of my list of "least favorite nerdy games".
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 213