Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Kids Games  (Read 14001 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Kids Games
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2012, 11:10:44 am »

Was anybody else here a fan of Zoombinis?
Ah, that game was fun. Curse you for making me remember it though!! *Spends all day going through old games looking for it*
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:29 pm »

I still feel guilty about every Zoombini that died during the journey to Zoombiniville.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »

I'm going to get my daughter into The Oregon Trail. Muahahaha!
"Daddy, what's dysentery and why are all my people getting it?"
*Grabs popcorn*

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »

Whenever I figured out what happened to the Zoombinis that didn't make it I felt incredibly guilty, and somewhat horrified.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2012, 09:24:19 am »

Torrenting Zoombinis now so I can play it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:28:17 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2012, 11:31:28 am »

You know, Zoombinis might be a good game for a Let's Play. At the start you could have a bunch of forum members create their own Zoombini, since the appearance is customizable. The puzzles probably wouldn't be too difficult for someone playing alone, but if you had to take a bunch of conflicting suggestions from the crowd there might be at least the possibility of failure.

I'll have to think about doing this.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

I torrented it, mounted the ISO, looks good until the Install screen, and then it says it can't do setup.exe. Dammit.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:07 pm »

Run it on a VM running XP
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2012, 07:03:49 pm »

There's a few different versions of the program as well. At least one should be compatible with your system.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »

The far younger and more innocent version of the badass motherfucker that you see today used to spend excessive amounts of time sitting out on the sidewalk having Pokemon battles with the other neighborhood children. He later moved on and became a master Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist after the older kids decided that Pokemon was out of style.

As for video games, I remember Majesty: The fantasy Kingdom Sim being the very first game I owned that wasn't one of those learning games. I spent hours upon hours in my trashed room, on my old ass hand-me-down computer playing that thing. No matter how advanced or high-tech video games games get, Majesty will always have a special place in my heart. It's not that I didn't enjoy the learning games at the time, but you can only go on so many adventures with Reader Rabbit or the Clue Finders before shit starts getting old.

Other than that, an N64 was the very first console me and my brothers ever owned. Still have all my games for it in a old box in my little brother's closet. despite not playing any of them in ages, they helped introduce me to the world of gaming, and I love them all dearly to this day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:39 pm »

The far younger and more innocent version of the badass motherfucker that you see today used to spend excessive amounts of time sitting out on the sidewalk having Pokemon battles with the other neighborhood children. He later moved on and became a master Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist after the older kids decided that Pokemon was out of style.

As for video games, I remember Majesty: The fantasy Kingdom Sim being the very first game I owned that wasn't one of those learning games. I spent hours upon hours in my trashed room, on my old ass hand-me-down computer playing that thing. No matter how advanced or high-tech video games games get, Majesty will always have a special place in my heart. It's not that I didn't enjoy the learning games at the time, but you can only go on so many adventures with Reader Rabbit or the Clue Finders before shit starts getting old.

Other than that, an N64 was the very first console me and my brothers ever owned. Still have all my games for it in a old box in my little brother's closet. despite not playing any of them in ages, they helped introduce me to the world of gaming, and I love them all dearly to this day.
Dude, I was getting ready to graduate high school when that came out. ;_; I'm getting so ooooold...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]