Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192547 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1860 on: January 02, 2015, 08:39:21 pm »

It's a component for serpent-type creature summoning.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 02, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »

The samurai summon has a bit of a weird power curve.  He's tougher than average for a starting summon, and the first few skill-ups you spend on him will have quick returns in power.  Once you have him to about five in every skill (around the time you hit level 7). he'll only be average compared to other summons, and by level 10 he'll be below par.  I didn't keep him because the skill investments weren't worthwhile compared to increasing my mass follower limit.  A lot of people also drop him to free up the 'lieutenant' slot he occupies and replace him with another henchman summon.

However, take a closer look at the skill tree.  When you hit level 60+ in his skills, (which won't be until you're past level 50 yourself, mind) they start getting synergy bonuses.  Actually, they have synergy bonuses from the start, but they're miniscule.  Every level you put in a skill above 60, though, increases the bonus by 2%.  All his skills synergise against each other, so if he's well rounded you'll see him catapult forward in real power.  By the time you've got all his skills to 65, his real skill level is around 101 in each skill.  This bonus keeps climbing, exponentially if you keep levelling up his skills in a rounded fashion.  Since most summons will be averaging around 90 in their top skill, the balanced samurai peels ahead of them.

If you're not a summoner or breeder class (like my character), the samurai is worth sticking with.  You might feel like you're carrying him at first, but I'm assured that when you tag-team a Glass Titan you'll be damn glad you kept him around.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 03, 2015, 01:40:10 am »

Rather, located it, its in orbit, I'm on my rather nice planet.
The simple solution is to construct a planet-sized entity to wield it. Giant robots are the most common solution, but you could also summon an Elder Thing, build a large ship and mount it as a ship-based weapon, convert your planet into a ship, or even take several hundred Growth Potions in order to make yourself large enough to use it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 03, 2015, 02:20:41 am »

take several hundred Growth Potions
Don't! You can alchemysmithcraftglassblow 28 of them into an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL Growth Potion, which is 44 times as poweful as a regular one. A 157% profit, and you can still use them for the same purposes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:52 am »

The Wretched of the Stars has set up a defensive blockade in the D1L Region (forgot it's specific name, just using map coordinates here) and preventing anyone outside of their group access, or they sic a +100 large fleet on the "intruder".

I get the that W.S. "owns" D1L as part of their Roleplay Lore, and that they're supposed to "uphold their lore as one of the most prestigious factions in the game" and so forth, but is it really fair to block off all the planets rich in Althium, especially for the newer players? When I began playing, Althium allowed me to get a proper hull that wouldn't melt whenever I came within about 100000000 light years of the nearest celestial body, (a hyperbole of course, but I'm sure y'all know what it's like to explore with a low level ship.)

I want to know if this is a legit tactic, and if anyone here is from the W.S., I'd like your opinion. Otherwise, I might have to consult an Admin on this stuff...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 04, 2015, 01:10:00 am »

Rumor has it that the Ice Moon Karloth has lots of Althium, but is infested with Deranged Frost Troglodytes.

But here I am, still trying to beat Maxine the Creator all the way back in Sector 3F
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 04, 2015, 01:11:01 am »

It is a legit strategy, as long as it doesn't ruin the fun of others. This particular blockade does. TCM, PM me in-client. My handle is the same as here, though my character name varies. I can't discuss this publicly, lest W.S. could get clued in to the plan.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 04, 2015, 01:20:53 am »

Rumor has it that the Ice Moon Karloth has lots of Althium, but is infested with Deranged Frost Troglodytes.

But here I am, still trying to beat Maxine the Creator all the way back in Sector 3F

It's weird, but trust me it works; when you fight Maxine, target the back of her knees. If you hack into her personal files before you fight her, you find a secret letter that reveals she used to go out with 'Jeanna the Paladin' back during their training days at the Walstart Federation's Elite Soldier Academy (not exactly surprising considering most of the Academy's students are either experimenting with bi-curiosity or smoking Galfarr Huff or holding rave parties in the Star Cruisers instead of actually training. Don't quote me on that, any players who went through Academy training would get real fuckin' unhappy with me if they knew I said that). And whenever they were making out, Jeanna would grab the back of Maxine's knees and...Toady wouldn't appreciate me paraphrasing the whole thing here. But anyways, back of the knees, it'll go straight through her shield.

It is a legit strategy, as long as it doesn't ruin the fun of others. This particular blockade does. TCM, PM me in-client. My handle is the same as here, though my character name varies. I can't discuss this publicly, lest W.S. could get clued in to the plan.

Sent you a PM, I'll be ready. Maybe we should start a Bay12 Faction based in this thread?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 06, 2015, 02:25:56 pm »

Has anyone got some spare Neonymph essence? I really need it to finish a turbulence-negotiator.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 06, 2015, 05:22:46 pm »

Nah, man, sorry. All I've got is Protonymph and Postnymph.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 07, 2015, 02:16:12 am »

Yeah, I've got a decent supply. Head to planet Rigamorale in the Hippogriff system, sector SCO-56764-zeta-zeta-3.15/100 and send a trading rights request to the orbital station there. I'll get neonymph essence cleared for export before I log out.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 07, 2015, 04:53:32 am »

Yeah, I've got a decent supply. Head to planet Rigamorale in the Hippogriff system, sector SCO-56764-zeta-zeta-3.15/100 and send a trading rights request to the orbital station there. I'll get neonymph essence cleared for export before I log out.
Thanks, I'm on my way now

FAKEEDIT:I'm sorry, my navigation just fucked up. Do I have to go left, right or through the fourth wall at the Eagle Nebula?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 07, 2015, 08:11:45 am »

Thanks, I'm on my way now

FAKEEDIT:I'm sorry, my navigation just fucked up. Do I have to go left, right or through the fourth wall at the Eagle Nebula?
You actually have to go widdershins.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 07, 2015, 01:53:45 pm »

Nah, go DENNIS. It's faster.
Glory to Arstotzka!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 07, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

FFS!"#!"#

I tried to convert my teen Ankyloscorpions into Eldritch godlings but accidentally summoned Star-eater instead. Guess what happened to my system? Gone. And my character? Dead. All hard earned riches and levels? ALL GONE!

I admit I punched wall quite hard. My fist still hurts. I'm not sure if I want to start a new character, I invested so much time and money on that one... Flip a coin for me.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134