Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192591 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1815 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:33 pm »

Not me. I'm still trying to make it through the Festivus content before it expires. The Feat of Strength is what's really tripping me up. I never should have rolled up a Fish Wizard; they're the fourth weakest class physically. I can't imagine what it's like trying to do this as a Chicken Courtier.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 24, 2014, 07:38:13 pm »

At least you made it to the Feats of Strength. I somehow spawned in an area completely devoid of aluminum - not a single chunk within twelve parsecs - and prices have shot through the roof (average cost of a single ingot is dozens of Singularity Pearls), so I can't even craft the item needed to start the initial questline. Right now my only hope is to craft a Tin Pole and hope for the best.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 24, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »

But tin has such a poor strength-to-weight ratio!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 25, 2014, 02:17:58 am »

I'm unable to clear one of the dungeons on Charimedus IIV-beta. Is anyone up for a co-op dungeon raid? Most of the creatures are Insectosauroïds (my two biggest weaknesses are reptiles and bugs, so this dungeon is a hell for me), but i've also seen some vortex/void mobs.
Why are you even banging your head against the proverbial wall over there? Thumbrule about bug-reptile dungeons is that there's usully nothing really worth of getting. Effort / reward ratio is really screwed up into wrong direction since that infamous summer patch.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 25, 2014, 08:53:50 am »

I'm unable to clear one of the dungeons on Charimedus IIV-beta. Is anyone up for a co-op dungeon raid? Most of the creatures are Insectosauroïds (my two biggest weaknesses are reptiles and bugs, so this dungeon is a hell for me), but i've also seen some vortex/void mobs.
Why are you even banging your head against the proverbial wall over there? Thumbrule about bug-reptile dungeons is that there's usully nothing really worth of getting. Effort / reward ratio is really screwed up into wrong direction since that infamous summer patch.
I'm not really doing it for the rewards. I've recently constructed a Paleogenerator, and i need some T-wasp RNA to activate it. This dungeon is quite close to my base and not that hard for an Insectosauroïd dungeon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 25, 2014, 11:04:21 am »

I'm not really doing it for the rewards. I've recently constructed a Paleogenerator, and i need some T-wasp RNA to activate it. This dungeon is quite close to my base and not that hard for an Insectosauroïd dungeon.
Oh, in that case it makes sense. I'll have some free time tomorrow and I kind of want to test my new build against Insectosauroids. My nick is same in the game as it is here, so poke me if you see me online.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 25, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

Someone care to help a noob? I can't decide on what class would be easier;A Meteor Striker or an Electric Executioner?
I've read a lot about the latest patch and heard it makes the game a lot easier,but from what I've been told about this game,once you get to endgame nasty things like Devil Liches and Steel Puddings start appearing.
Any help would be appreciated with my first dungeon as well.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 25, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »

Someone care to help a noob? I can't decide on what class would be easier;A Meteor Striker or an Electric Executioner?
Meteor striker and electric executioner are both fairly easy classes, but i think electric executioner is slightly easier. Electric executioners deal more damage and haven't got a lot of skillshots. Electric-empowering items are also way more common than meteor-empowering ones.

Meteor strikers are basically bursty supports with a lot of AoE stat buff abilities, quite like chi-weavers, while electric executioners are fast, single-target assassins. If you're going for meteor striker, i've got some really OP meteor armor for you that i can't use.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 25, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »

Meteor striker and electric executioner are both fairly easy classes, but i think electric executioner is slightly easier. Electric executioners deal more damage and haven't got a lot of skillshots. Electric-empowering items are also way more common than meteor-empowering ones.

Meteor strikers are basically bursty supports with a lot of AoE stat buff abilities, quite like chi-weavers, while electric executioners are fast, single-target assassins. If you're going for meteor striker, i've got some really OP meteor armor for you that i can't use.

Just did a quick read on the wiki and googled the best classes,for some reason everyone reccomends Tooth Reader. Maybe it's because they're the perfect fusion of Bone Shaman and Autumn Warrior.

Yeah,I'll go with Tooth Reader.

EDIT:Thanks Lord_lemonpie for giving me that uncommon molar knuckleduster. It's helped so far in the Tooth Reader's 1st class-exclusive quest.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 06:23:52 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 25, 2014, 06:18:10 pm »

Just did a quick read on the wiki and googled the best classes,for some reason everyone reccomends Tooth Reader. Maybe it's because they're the perfect fusion of Bone Shaman and Autumn Warrior.

Tooth readers are ridiculously fun and OP as hell, but combos are essential. Knocking out someone's teeth and killing them with them never gets old.

I've got an uncommon molar knuckleduster lying around  somewhere in my base. PM me in client if you want it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 25, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »

I'm having trouble deciding between Fire Barrier and Reflective Barrier. I'm running a hybrid MAG/RES Shield Mage, and while Fire Barrier's MAG-based damage is appealing, Reflective Barrier might be better for a non-pure-magic build.

What makes it a difficult decision is that Reflective Barrier's reflection percentage scales with skill points, and I need those skill points for my elemental barriers; I probably should have gone with an Element Elf, but I wanted the Arcane Elf's high stats.

Before you ask why I don't just take Heavy Barrier: I need more offensive spells. I'm tired of using Mirror Shot to poke enemies to death.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 25, 2014, 11:25:53 pm »

EDIT:Thanks Lord_lemonpie for giving me that uncommon molar knuckleduster. It's helped so far in the Tooth Reader's 1st class-exclusive quest.
Tooth Readers are pretty damn OP, but their strength doesn't lie in dealing damage; they're pretty good at it, but not great. What really makes them excel is their access to powerful Divination abilities. I'm not even sure how Future Sight works from a technically standpoint (probably one of those things it's best not to dwell on too much), but knowing the next thing that would have killed you ahead of time is ridiculously useful.

Oh, and as for endgame, Devil Liches and Steel Puddings are definitely something you want to be prepared for, but the thing you really want to be ready for is Fairy Princesses.

I'm having trouble deciding between Fire Barrier and Reflective Barrier. I'm running a hybrid MAG/RES Shield Mage, and while Fire Barrier's MAG-based damage is appealing, Reflective Barrier might be better for a non-pure-magic build.

What makes it a difficult decision is that Reflective Barrier's reflection percentage scales with skill points, and I need those skill points for my elemental barriers; I probably should have gone with an Element Elf, but I wanted the Arcane Elf's high stats.

Before you ask why I don't just take Heavy Barrier: I need more offensive spells. I'm tired of using Mirror Shot to poke enemies to death.
If you want good offense with Reflective Barrier, here's what you need to do: put as many skill points as you can in Reflective Barrier. You may need to take a few points from more essential skills like Breathing and Knitting, but you should be able to do without dipping into those if you manage to find an Armulet of Barrier Magnification or you get visited by Jerry the Genie (and I think there are a few other techniques I'm forgetting). Anyway, the point is you want to get your Reflective Barrier up to around 100,000,000% or so. Around this point, you'll want to find a Staff of Buff Sharing and a Ring of Spell Alignment Reversal (Technically you could get them before this point, but personally I wouldn't try until your Reflective Barrier is at least at 75,000,000%).

The Staff of Buff Sharing allows you to share personal buffs with friendlies, and the Ring of Spell Alignment Reversal lets you use spells that can only target friendlies on enemies. So what you do is use them in combination to cast your Reflective Barrier on and enemy. Then you cast Arcane Projectile at them. It will bounce off their barrier and back to you. The Projectile will then bounce off of your barrier and continue going back and forth ad nauseam. There's a very good Arcane Projectile Reflective Barrier ricochet damage chart posted on the official forums that I can't seem to find right now, but the basic idea is that you let this keep going until you get the damage you want (and before your Reflective Barrier is worn down), then drop the staff and unequip the ring to terminate the barrier on the enemy. Pretty much most things can be one-shot by this technique if you let the ricochet damage build up enough.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 26, 2014, 01:00:34 am »

Hold on, Shield Mages get Arcane Projectile? No wonder my damage was so terrible! I thought it was some kind of weird gimmick to make levelling more difficult.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 26, 2014, 03:01:24 am »

No, Arcane Elves get Arcane Projectile. It's a happy coincidence that you picked it. Otherwise you'd need to cast it with a Caster Rifle, which takes two hands to use, of course, so to use it with the Staff of Buff Sharing you'd need some way of triple-wielding. Not an insurmountable obstacle, but none of the three-armed races make very good Shield Mages, and attaining it in-game would just add complexity to the build.

But you shouldn't expect too much damage from Arcane Projectile on a Shield Mage not using the Barrier Ricochet Technique. Shield Mages don't get any of the class buffs that make it one of the top damage-dealing spells in the game, nor do they have the accuracy of a Rifle Wizard to use it well in Caster form. It'll do decent damage in low levels, but if you want any more out of it as a Shield Mage, you're going to have to either demi-class or make a big investment in magical gear.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 26, 2014, 11:28:38 am »

-snip-
Yeah, I'm just using it to clean up weak enemies while I grind for levels. I'll probably get some kind of enhancer so I can use it against mid-power enemies, but I should have the double barrier thing set up by the time I do need to do that.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134