Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192604 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1785 on: June 18, 2014, 09:22:45 pm »

Objective, it's fairly straightforward strategy: stay back from melee (unless honourable fisticuffs is an option; your stat bonuses even from just the basic Gryphon Feather are beastly for that), stick to spells that don't cost too much mana, and when the opponent starts to think that that's the only spells you have, let loose with a Albatross Stormbringer (you did find that in the second chest of the third room of the seventh floor of the tutorial, right?) and while the Turmoil debuff is still in effect, hammer them with Golden Owl's Wings (these are normally really easy to dodge, but when the controls are flipped upside down and one rotation clockwise due to Turmoil, it gets a lot harder).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 18, 2014, 11:18:28 pm »

Of course, you should NOT try the above strategy on any sort of catperson, PC or otherwise. Their racial Land on Feet trait and whiskers help nullify the effect of Turmoil, so both Albatross Stormbringer and Golden Owl's Wings will be completely ineffective. I recommend Peacock Flourish to lower their accuracy followed by spamming Quill Flurry while keeping as far away as possible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 18, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »

Any strategy guide will tell him that. The real trick to Featherwaving mastery is understanding that you can use any kind of feather as an implement. Including magic quills.

So it's entirely possible to use Scriptomancy while Featherwaving. In this way you can write Scrolls of Speed to allow you to more quickly cast Feather's Swiftness, which allows you to more quickly write your Scrolls of Speed, and so you are able to more quickly cast Feather's Swiftness, ect.

Get this combo up high enough and you can instacast pretty much any Featherwavery spell, and from there you become pretty much unstoppable. I mean, maybe something exists that can withstand 5000 Peregrine Strikes a second, but if so I don't want to meet it. Also, if you time it right, you can cast Down of a Phoenix on yourself, essentially making you immortal.

Of course, all this Featherwavery and Scriptomancy is going to use up a lot of mana and paper, respectively, so you'll need to sort that out, and it's not too hard. The first step is acquiring Ambidexterity. The easiest method is using time shenanigans to mess around with your DNA before you were born. Then, while your main hand is doing the Scroll of Speed/Feather's Swiftness combo, you have your other hand writing Scrolls of Mana and casting Winged Messenger sent to yourself with the message kept blank, which will provide the paper.

Unfortunately, while getting the paper is relatively straightforward, receiving the paper is a bit tricky. Whenever a player receives a message from Winged Messenger, they must notarize the Spectral Pigeon's signature pad, which is a bit hard to do when both hands are occupied. That's why you'll need a third signing hand.

The first part of this is easy. Simply acquire a third hand in one of the usual ways; any sort will do other than the one you get from winning a Bardy award or any hand created by Von Neumann-inhibited nanomachines. Where it gets hard is that you'll need to have Ambidexterity II to use it. To get it, you'll have to do the Pickle quest, and just after you've turned in the quest but before you accept your reward, terminate your client. Then log back in as fast as you can, as you need to kill the questgiver, Mr. Wendel, within 10 seconds of you logging out (I recommend hacking your client to stop it from loading all textures and to send a fake authentication signature so you can log back in within the timeframe). He'll drop the Bone of Forming, which you can use in the Dungeon of Concrete Lamps to open a secret door on the third level of the fifth hemidimension to gain access to the Secret Sub-Dungeon of Transforming Mega Spiders. Get to the end of the sub-dungeon and you'll be offered the reward of a Cake of Infinite Wealth, The Tome of Fame, The Cauldron of Hot Bitches, or the blue clay flowerpot. Take the flowerpot, and get out of there as fast as you can, as the secret passage will close shortly after this, and your Bone of Forming will have been eaten by a Transforming Mega Spider in an unskippable cutscene just before you chose your reward.

Once you're out of the dungeon, put some Twilightsoil in your blue clay flowerpot and plant a Bean of Minerva in it (acquiring the Twilightsoil and the Bean of Minerva are both a bit complex, but you should be able to easily find guides for them elsewhere, so I won't waste space describing the processes). Tend the resulting plant, and within 6 months (real-time), you should should have a Bean of Ambidexterity II.

Don't eat this; it's a trick!

What you need to do is wait for a Bean of Ambidexterity V-III to grow (which should be about 3 months after the Bean of Ambidexterity II appeared). Then get it to sprout, plant it in Dusksoil in a red clay pot, and in 12 months you should have your Real Bean of Ambidexterity II. Preserve it in a Stasis Fridge, and repeat until you have 3 of them to make a Three Bean of Ambidexterity II Salad. Eat it and enjoy your new Ambidexterity II.

Of course, there are other ways of gaining Ambidexterity II, but they're a bit more convoluted. Oh, and if you manage to get a Feather Stylus, you can use your signing hand to cast more Featherwavery spells, meaning you don't have to break either of your combos and therefore don't have to sacrifice mana/paper or speed. This means you can summon Mega Ultra Chicken all by yourself in less than a day!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 19, 2014, 12:01:07 am »

And all the hype about mage nerfs is just that- hype.

My mage-ships run just fine, and they're powered by artifacts.

Though it may be the update-shields I had installed a while back. They're very helpful, if sometimes frowned upon.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 02, 2014, 11:20:41 pm »

Posting here to say I made a minimalist IGYNPADCA rtd.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:11 am »

PTW, why haven't I before? I've been struggling with this game so long, yet this thread answers almost all my questions.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:40 am »

So I've recently put some points in a new skill called "Thread Necromancy", does anyone have any tips on how to use them offensively?

(I really want this to live again and i'm to lazy to make a new Igynpadca ;_;)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 12, 2014, 10:01:20 am »

It's a bit too situational to be useful. It's good against the Great Beast of the Great Fora, and the revived threads can be used to open certain g(r)ates in Gratetown, but both of those can be done with the more generally useful skills of Banded Fuel and Greet, respectively.

On that note, is the Forumite subclass even that good? All it seems to have are these extremely situational abilities that are almost universally surpassed by abilities from other subclasses.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 12, 2014, 11:12:36 am »

They make *amazing* support classes. They fall apart on their own, but when there's a Bear Wrestler or Beefomancer in between them and the enemy, their situational abilities can cripple the opponent when they get their chance, while doing a non-negligible (Though still low) amount of DPS otherwise.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1794 on: December 12, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »

So I've recently put some points in a new skill called "Thread Necromancy", does anyone have any tips on how to use them offensively?

(I really want this to live again and i'm to lazy to make a new Igynpadca ;_;)

You should consider joining IceTea31's guild. He's a great ThreadKiller.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 12, 2014, 01:43:57 pm »

Not to brag, but a wise man once said...

Why is it that IcyTea31 posts, then the thread seems to simply...die?

Threads can be some of the most interesting enemies in the game, once you learn their nuances. For example, did you know that summoning any kind of Troll (my favourite is the Boat Troll, since Threads are often seen with Dolphins) and feeding it with plenty of Rage will immediately cause the Derail status effect on it, for easy pickings? (Punch the Monitor Lizard is a good skill to have for Rage, despite its apparent situationality. Monitor Lizards are everywhere you can find a Thread)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 16, 2014, 06:07:09 am »

Yeesh, Featherwaving is already a game in itself, especially in conjunction with Runemancy. Even then, I get a headache looking at Forumite tutorials.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 16, 2014, 06:27:23 am »

Interesting bug/easter egg: a Morphine Bubble Sword seems to instantly kill Cloud Oyster Fiends when they are under the Rudely Defenestrated status effect. This doesn't seem intentional, but is there maybe some inside joke at play here?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 16, 2014, 08:13:32 am »

Knowing GGC, it was a bug, which became an inside joke, which became an easter egg, which will shortly become a new class based solely around killing Cloud Oyster Fiends with Morphine Bubble Swords while they have Rudely Defenestrated, but all three of those things will be nerfed into oblivion so there's not much point.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 17, 2014, 04:17:41 pm »

Are iKrakens as valuable as they used to be or have they nerfed their prices too? I remember them having mediocre stats for a cephalopod-class creature, but they were so ridiculously valuable.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134