Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192991 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1215 on: March 24, 2013, 06:21:03 am »

I think I have a single fucking experimental battleship left from that explosion. I'll try sending it over. Got some extra space in the cargo area for ya guys.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 24, 2013, 06:22:52 am »

Oh, great. Well, at least I don't feel so stupid for crashing, now...

Not really sure what I'm gonna do now. Might have to contact my Empire, but they don't have a whole lot of presence in this galaxy and I'm not a high-ranking dude anyway. Looks like for the foreseeable future I'll be eating whatever weird alien vegetables I can scrape out of the dirt... Hopefully I can cobble together some traps, eating the fauna might be less of a gamble than the flora.

Fakeedit: Oh, thanks. Experimental battleship? Sounds interesting! I promise not to scan & map the whole thing for schematics. ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:52 am »

Fakeedit: Oh, thanks. Experimental battleship? Sounds interesting! I promise not to scan & map the whole thing for schematics. ;)
Cargo doesn't have any exit that doesn't leave straight off the ship.

Edit: Ship's there. Having a hard time staying upright, but as long as you get there fast it should be cool. I'll go search for your stuff after this, Ebbor.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:14 am »

Don't worry about the cargo thingy. It contained nothing important, I think. Just some mining debris from one of my artefact mining operations.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 24, 2013, 07:48:54 am »

Alright, as you can no doubt see I made it. I dunno what the fuck that thing with all the teeth was that chased me for a while, but I think your ship scared it off.
Question: Just what the hell is in these crates? Also, does the cargo hold pressurize? :-X
Just asking, I mean if your normal cargo workers are, y'know, robots...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 24, 2013, 07:54:00 am »

Alright, as you can no doubt see I made it. I dunno what the fuck that thing with all the teeth was that chased me for a while, but I think your ship scared it off.
Question: Just what the hell is in these crates? Also, does the cargo hold pressurize? :-X
Just asking, I mean if your normal cargo workers are, y'know, robots...
Don't worry. It's made to be useful for anything. And those crates are private property. They'll attack you if you try to open them without authorization. Now, where the hell do you want to be kicked off?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:51 am »

Yoink, get yourself dropped off somewhere in the Blade systems. I've arranged for some of my guys to give you a medium freighter to get yourself started again. Just ignore the gigantic ship hovering off planet, please, and don't tell anyone about it yet. I don't want much PR on it.

As for the Libra situation, I went head and sent my conventional fleet as well as half he whale fleet to start working on some of the borged planets on the fringe while you guys finish up on the mind planets.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 25, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »

Stinking no good gobshites, fucking assholes with their fucking BORG CANNON!

I'll fucking show them.

Life be the holier magick, and in the end earth will return to it's realm.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »

Okay, most of you don't like post-singularity stuff. Well, can't exactly call this experiment a failure, but still. Time to retreat to another galaxy and try again. >_>

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 26, 2013, 07:10:35 pm »

*le sign*

So that was incredible. I was so... close. I had just started the genetic synthesis dev arc and had almost wiped out the borgs.

THEN THE FUUUUUCKING BOOOORG CAAAANNOOON.

I guess I wasn't the only one developing my skills as a mage. The borg-cannon instantly turns any life it touches into a cyborg. The asshole in charge of the borg fleet managed to turn 3/4 of my fleet in one shot. I thought we were dead, real fucked.

Then the Astral-Mage came. He said he had a weapon that could end the war, that could stop the borg menace. So I listened. He worked with my scientists and developed a weapon the likes of which had never been seen. I had to clear one of my heavy cruisers of all weapons just to mount it, and it still moved at half speed. The showdown went down in sector 18-245 Z.

The admins have renamed it the black zone, in memory of the supermassive black hole that consumed the entire Libra galaxy. Two hundred thousand players, countless npc's wiped out.

It was fucking amazing.

They restarted the server, and now there's a memorial in the black zone. If one flies out with active sensors on, it's emmiting large amounts of UV radiation, and it has two statues.

One is the Allifeance, my ten Life-mages of war and me. Apparently, in honor of the over-collective i had come so close to developing I had been given the medal of Gzeench, the lord of change.

The other is the sole leader of the Earth-borgs. She is, apparently, a ten year old girl from South Korea who paid for her subscription with her daily allowance. She exploited some little-used loopholes in the metal path of Earth magic to create cybernetic organisms in the form of nanomachines.

A little girl.

Broke the game.

Igynpadca.

I think i'm taking a break.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:13:35 pm by ggamer »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 26, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »

Well, when you get back, I'll have a cruiser waiting. Blowing up servers is always a fun trip, eh?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »

So. So-ho-hooooo.
I had decided to help with Libra, towards the end. I was gonna go to my spare fruitant planet! I would have liked to see fruitants vs mechs.
But then I found out my spare fruitant planet was in Libra, and they meched it. And now it's gone. Forever. I -liked- the fruitants. If this ever pops up again, you can count on my new character I'm making, my Human Chemist, though he's just level 1 so far (wanted to go with something classic!). I'm specifically researching rust-acid so I can fight this if this happens again.
They killed the small remainder of my fruitants q.q

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »

Yeah, that was fun. The cataclysmic battles where you see planets and star systems falling apart around you reminded me why I love this game so much- the power we players have to create and destroy.

And now to start again- one of my favorite parts of the game. I don't really know what I'll do this time around in the long run- the mercenary nation thing was getting a bit stale for me after a while. Maybe go politician, or perhaps just grab a freighter and wander around the galaxy- who knows?

For now, though, it's time to have some fun. I love level 1.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 26, 2013, 11:29:40 pm »

Man, the Chemist class is fun. I forget how great some of the classic classes can be! Made it to level 3 by now, and that means I get weak tele-space reaction chemical. It's not much, but ohooohooooo is it fun. I predict I'll start really leveling up soon!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »

I went with Trader myself- it's flexible enough to let me focus on whatever I want later on, not to mention handy when you can buy gear for half-off at level five, if you know how to haggle right.

I really do enjoy designing ships, it seems- maybe I should start up a shipyard when I make it to the sci-fi world?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 134