Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193099 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1035 on: September 05, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »

Meh, I tend to shoot pirates on sight. Since I tend to focus on trade, pirates tend to be bad for business. Besides, watching their ships explode is hilarious.

Hey, trading hasn't been fixed yet, the Klingons still attack you every time you bring up the trade option.

I'd suggest going pirate yourself.
I need to put something interesting here.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:25 pm »

I don't trade with 'em. I tend to trade with Nyxians, Hydraxians, and the various player-controlled factions.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 05, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »

Yeah- what Vorthon said. The prices are better anyway, and the mercenaries (with in-faction discount) give me amazingly cheap prices on almost anything. I can get plasma railguns for 25% off Nyxian price.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 05, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »

Nyxian railguns are horrible.

If you find the Forerunner Railgun Blueprint, it's a Easter Egg in the tutorial, it does three times the amount of damage, and requires you to purchase no ammunition.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 05, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »

Nyxian railguns are horrible.

If you find the Forerunner Railgun Blueprint, it's a Easter Egg in the tutorial, it does three times the amount of damage, and requires you to purchase no ammunition.

Screw the Forerunner stuff, man. Ancient tech tends to be way better in terms of energy usage. Which is great if your ship's reactor is almost maxed-out from whatever FTL drive you've got installed.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

Oh, I know they're horrible- that's why I don't buy them. I actually use mercenary XB27 railguns, because while they do slightly less damage than the forerunner guns, the ability to use different ammunition types is something I'll gladly accept ammo costs for- the forerunner guns are great, but they only fire that one shell, and aren't that good against shields. They're still good though, and cheap.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 05, 2012, 06:01:16 pm »

XB27 has a very high energy and heat factor. It hurts, but, not good for smaller ships.

I honestly prefer the Autocannon X25 myself. It shoots fast, and using ballistic rounds, does a whallop on barriers and shields. No heat, and cheap on energy. Too bad they are pretty expensive.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 05, 2012, 06:05:02 pm »

Feh. I'll stick with the K32-10 Warpline turret. Nothing says 'FUCK YOU!' to your enemies by slicing their ship in half with a thin beam of hyperspace temporarily transposed into realspace. Of course, it's more of a last resort weapon than anything.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »

I prefer drone swarms that deploy troops within the shields. It's hilarious, if a bit expensive, to see 5000 people climbing over the enemies ship then all cutting into it at the same time.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 06, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »

I only had a POS-112 :/
Spended all my monies on it and then found out on wiki it does less DPS than newbie gun or even easter egg egg shooter, bad heat sink, exhaust interfered with ECM, ammo costs a lot and you can't get it hardly anywhere cuz nobody crafts it AND IT EXPIRE LIKE XMAS MILK IN JULY srsly dumb move on my part but ppl kept teling me it was good against sheild ya rite

EDIT: MAYBE BABY SHEILD
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 06, 2012, 01:45:19 pm »

I only had a POS-112 :/
Spended all my monies on it and then found out on wiki it does less DPS than newbie gun or even easter egg egg shooter, bad heat sink, exhaust interfered with ECM, ammo costs a lot and you can't get it hardly anywhere cuz nobody crafts it AND IT EXPIRE LIKE XMAS MILK IN JULY srsly dumb move on my part but ppl kept teling me it was good against sheild ya rite

EDIT: MAYBE BABY SHEILD
Well, a very tiny, near invisible part on the wiki tells about a hidden ammotype for it, that deals craptons of damage and stuff, and it is infinite when you get it. I found it, but it is damn hard to get.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 06, 2012, 02:41:27 pm »

I'm sensing an impending quest to the Outer Rim.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 06, 2012, 10:10:16 pm »

wiki schmiki, its so out of date
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 07, 2012, 07:10:12 am »

Is it normal to encounter man-eating SPACE bears? They appear to wear soviet style hats and are propelled space salmon.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:48 am »

Is it normal to encounter man-eating SPACE bears? They appear to wear soviet style hats and are propelled space salmon.

Yeah, space bears are rather normal to find in many sectors. They won't do anything to your hull unless you're silly enough to use a wooden ship with a thermal/atmospheric barrier shield attached to make it spaceworthy. Make sure nobody goes on EVA missions though, they have an absurd bonus to breaching the suits, even tier 6 layered personal forcefields will be breached. Anything higher will just zap them to death. And no, while they are not propelled space salmon, they are either propelled by space salmon (as in, riding them) or, well... I haven't done enough research to see how they fly about without space salmon to help them. The hats seem sector-dependant. The wiki, of course, can tell you more than I could.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 134