Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193007 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #885 on: August 29, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »

On my way. I really only wanted biologists to make sure that building a ship around it will work and not hurt it.

I should be able to meet your needs. I'm giving you temporary control of Drydock 3, and the bio team will be waiting there. The information about the beast should be enough recompensation

Spoiler: Secure, Do not (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »

Construction went quicker than I thought, but...

F**K. The SWCG got wind of my exploits with the space whale ship (however humane it was) when they accidentally flew by it. So, of course, they took the only reasonable course of action- attack my base(s)/fleet/whaleship en masse. If anybody wants to stop the entire Ganta sector from exploding (1/5 planets gone from stray nukes already), then please come over, or just watch one of the more cataclysmic space battles these days.

The space whale has been holding up surprisingly well, and has already taken out half a fleet, though it's drawn a few more to it. I had no idea space whales were so good for this. Basically, you just strap on plasma railguns and let the blasting begin. They've broken through my home planet's defenses and are on the ground in a massive duel with my PDF, my main fleet is taking on FIVE fleets (and doing alright- the boarders have killed over ten ships already via sabatoge), and my outlying bases are being hammered to a pulp. My god, do NOT get these people angry. At least one of those Timeshitlords hasn't shown up yet.

10ebbor, your facility is safe- I told them that I had built it in one of my outlying bases. Guess which base is now radioactive dust.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 29, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »

Wait. Are you talking 1/5 inhabited planets, or 1/5 total planets. Because if it is total planets, that is the sparsest sector I've ever seen.

I can provide evacuation services for anybody who needs 'em.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 29, 2012, 03:30:51 pm »

I mean inhabited planets. Mainly because I have a strong presence in that sector, a lot of my ships/bases are near inhabited planets. Thus the high rate of planet death. I wouldn't send in refugee ships right now unless you want to lose them, though. It's bad. You might be able to talk to the SWCG about it, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 29, 2012, 03:33:21 pm »

Nevertheless, I'm going to help you out. Rolling in my Nova class Dreadnought, and four carriers. Strictly interception duty for now though, I don't want to be blamed for starting the war. Might drop some anti TP beacons too.

Also note, I can't guarante that the experimental weaponry will be stable, I'm not responsible for any black holes.

I mean inhabited planets. Mainly because I have a strong presence in that sector, a lot of my ships/bases are near inhabited planets. Thus the high rate of planet death. I wouldn't send in refugee ships right now unless you want to lose them, though. It's bad. You might be able to talk to the SWCG about it, though.
Be glad they don't used their fusion nukes yet. They go for whole solar systems at once. Shields on max, expect gamma bursts.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 29, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

I could always try bribing them... I do have a bunch of credits worth of Ancient Artifacts. Honestly, I have no idea how many credits they're worth. I only really picked 'em up because I liked the look of them.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:04 pm »

On my watch. I guess they don't want to destroy too many of their own ships- they're pretty close together.

EDIT: Nuke my home planet to dust, will you?! Ok, that's it. The experimental weapons are coming out. I'd like to see how you space-snail huggers like having your crew turning masses of viral dust and blood. And your ships being cut in half by fighters running through them. Or turning your crew into Eldritch Abominations.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:39:34 pm by Doomblade187 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 29, 2012, 04:51:38 pm »

EDIT: Nuke my home planet to dust, will you?! Ok, that's it. The experimental weapons are coming out. I'd like to see how you space-snail huggers like having your crew turning masses of viral dust and blood. And your ships being cut in half by fighters running through them. Or turning your crew into Eldritch Abominations.

Uhm yeah sorry. I'm afraid I missed that missile. Nevertheless, I think I secured about 5 planets. Also, how much did you like that purple moon, one of the interception rockets misfired. It's okay, I still got all the pieces.

Also, they are serious now. I intercepted 2 fusion missiles already.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 29, 2012, 04:56:51 pm »

Oh, don't worry about it. Your missile was actually shot down- theirs did the damage. I've pulled the blade fighters out of the hanger. These can basically fly through ships- they have a cutting edge (reinforced) all around, and are VERY hard to hit. The eldritch abominations and the virus(es) are getting a bit out of control, but there's not much I can do about that right now. I barely have any ships left. If it gets any worse, I'm fleeing in my personal craft and leaving them a present- a FUSION-fusion-fusion-black hole-antimatter bomb. Yes. I made one.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 29, 2012, 04:58:25 pm »

Aww. But that means there won't be anything left to salvage...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 29, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »

How's the whale doing? Also, warn me before you set of that bomb. I want to get out of the way first.

Also, I think they are getting annoyed with me sabotaging their missiles. Nevertheless, carrier supplies 56%, all weaponry still functionall, shields are fine.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 29, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »

The whale's doing great- one fleet downed (by itself /w fighter support!) and counting. I'll let you know before I blow the place- you'll see me fly by you and signal. You have five minutes from that point.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 29, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »

You might want to give me some warning too. I'm kinda skirting the edges of the battle, salvaging anything that drifts my way.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 29, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »

Hay guys i got it working. But i think I screwed up my

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

because i used red powder in it and now everything is sliding in toward my ship like junk and moons and stuf

its getting really crowded
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 29, 2012, 06:10:12 pm »

... Your ship is pretty well doomed to collapse into a singularity now. NEVER use red powder in a pinecone fabricator. That's kinda common sense.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134