Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193021 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #870 on: August 29, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »

How do you feel about being nudged out of the cluster at 0.25 c by a 10 ton slug.(Made out of those fancy impact reducing elements of course). I always wanted to try a game of galactic billiard.

Also, ninjas.

Oh. I'll TP you one- just pay me 1K later.
Just watch out with the teleport coordinates, there's a slight chance the game hasn't resynched the maps yet. Your explosions kinda shaked up the physics system.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

Oh. I'll TP you one- just pay me 1K later.

Would you except 1K worth of Ancient artifacts?

How do you feel about being nudged out of the cluster at 0.25 c by a 10 ton slug.(Made out of those fancy impact reducing elements of course). I always wanted to try a game of galactic billiard.

... That sounds incredibly risky and not really worth it. But thanks for the offer.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 29, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

What about i test my new deflection system and direct a black hole jet in your direction? I hope your ship has a particle sail, since i already ordered my tow ships and engineering drones to tow the test bed in position.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 29, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »

Sorry, no particle sail. It's got an ion drive for STL and a jump drive for FTL.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:06 pm »

Well better power your ship's shields up then, that stream is gonna rip you apart, i decided to cut on the funds and only installed a TL4 drone control system on my station out there, i was getting tired of the anti-drone fundamentalists picketting every other supply delivery. Oh by the way please file a pardon accept formula for the feds out there, dont want to get sanctioned for "griefing" again.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 29, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »

... I'm boned. So totally boned. My ship's shields aren't really designed to handle the cosmic clusterfuck that will likely result from this. 'Cause I've got a feeling that this is gonna cause the cluster to go kaboom.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 29, 2012, 01:23:04 pm »

... I'm boned. So totally boned. My ship's shields aren't really designed to handle the cosmic clusterfuck that will likely result from this. 'Cause I've got a feeling that this is gonna cause the cluster to go kaboom.

Fuck.. Could somebody please help us? Like, if you could spare a single moon and tow it out to block the stream before shit hits the fan? I am already getting admin fleets surrounding my sector borders.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 29, 2012, 01:28:02 pm »

Well if you unspool all of the superconducting wire from whatever sensor/transmitters you got left and respool it into any of the Accepted Teleport Shapes (hexagon, dodecahedron, triangle* etc) you should be able to hook it into you engines and TP the hell outta there. You won't have any directional control, which could be...interesting but I'd say that's your best bet.

On an unrelated note I just lost almost 60% of my ship mass to a dude in freaking Charisan Assault Destroyer/Space dragon Cyborg thing. I thought everyone agreed that it was impossible to hold one of those damn lizards still long enough to build even a basic frame around them? Are the days of strictly non-organic ships over? Any bay12ers whant to get together and try to catch and cyborg one of these abominations? After I've rebuilt, of course.

*note: do not pic triangle, this is still heavily borked.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 29, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »

Maybe we could stasis field it and then build on it... That would be fun. Vorthon, use the teleport shapes- it's your only hope right now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 29, 2012, 01:35:46 pm »

Well if you unspool all of the superconducting wire from whatever sensor/transmitters you got left and respool it into any of the Accepted Teleport Shapes (hexagon, dodecahedron, triangle* etc) you should be able to hook it into you engines and TP the hell outta there. You won't have any directional control, which could be...interesting but I'd say that's your best bet.

On an unrelated note I just lost almost 60% of my ship mass to a dude in freaking Charisan Assault Destroyer/Space dragon Cyborg thing. I thought everyone agreed that it was impossible to hold one of those damn lizards still long enough to build even a basic frame around them? Are the days of strictly non-organic ships over? Any bay12ers whant to get together and try to catch and cyborg one of these abominations? After I've rebuilt, of course.

*note: do not pic triangle, this is still heavily borked.

Why not we try and find a peaceful space whale to cooperate with, instead? Those things are sturdy as fuck and dosent need to be fed, they feed on cosmic background radiation, thus explaining their near immortality.

Also could anybody give me advice on material picking for a Class Delta TL235 Hypercruiser hull? Im gonna make it dart shaped so it penetrates the spatial distortion  that are very common in and around the Spinchter 5 hypertunnel?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 29, 2012, 01:41:08 pm »

Why do you even enjoy traveling around that part of space? It's nothing but megacorp pirates. Personally, I'm a fan of ship-hullion. Great durabilitry, it looks nice, and it's great against energy weapons. I'm working on capturing a space whale right now, which reminds me... Does anyone have a biologist? I might want to make some (minor) modifications to it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »

Why do you even enjoy traveling around that part of space? It's nothing but megacorp pirates. Personally, I'm a fan of ship-hullion. Great durabilitry, it looks nice, and it's great against energy weapons. I'm working on capturing a space whale right now, which reminds me... Does anyone have a biologist? I might want to make some (minor) modifications to it.

That's.. uhh.. a trade secret.

You will get the Space Wildlife Conservation Group on your ass if you do anything brain controlling or pain inducing to it. I remember last time i captured and enslaved a tribal planet, all i wanted was to extract their DNA for cloning lab subjects, but then everything was wiped out by some asshole's telenuke, its all one big gravitational time knot now.
They got Timeshitlords as allies! Freaking Timeshitlords! You know that imfamous griefer faction full of telehackers right?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 29, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

Fuck.. Could somebody please help us? Like, if you could spare a single moon and tow it out to block the stream before shit hits the fan? I am already getting admin fleets surrounding my sector borders.
I repeat that the space billiard offer is still on the table. While I can't get launch system aligned fast enough to take out the stream*, I could bump you out of the way. You should only get minor structural damage.

*Some explodium materialized near the main wrap drive.

Not here, not know. Besides, I don'want to mess the SWCG.  If you manage to grab one, I got a secure location where you can hold it for your experimentation, and it's got some biologists too. I'll send you the wrap coordinates in game. Make sure you have a Class CII warp drive though, and shut off the anti collision defenses. One of the automatic base defenses uses those.

Also, make sure your ship is in peek shape, the gravitic balancer inside the base are kinda wobbly.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:51 pm »

On my way. I really only wanted biologists to make sure that building a ship around it will work and not hurt it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:47:29 pm by Doomblade187 »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 29, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »

Okay, I've managed to 'port out. And now I'm tempted to try to head back there with a sturdier ship after whatever happens with that stream. But I might just try to bootstrap my own megacorp, for the Lulz.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134