Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233081 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #705 on: May 29, 2012, 12:39:09 am »

I actually just played some of this for the first time.  I'm confused, since scp-173 is normally just locked-up in a storage container.  How is he clipping around the map?  If you close the door behind you when you run out of the room, he should be stuck until the filth he generates achieves such pressure that it breaks the door.  That said, it's hard to know much about scp-173, since there's a complete ban on altering the entry to make it better or more informative.  As someone points out in the comments, there's no need for anyone to ever look at 173 if all they're doing is containing it; you could easily construct a system that would automatically clean the room without the need to risk a breach.

It also occurs to me how much trouble this site is in if it actually lost power.  Thinking of this scp without the ban on changes, it probably has similar measures to other visually-cued scps, ie triple backed-up circuits and generators everywhere.

There's another scp that operates on a similar principle that actually will teleport to everyone who's seen it and kill them, but I can't remember the number.  IIRC, it was a little statue that would teleport on top of their corpse.

Edit: spoilers go all yucky and have a new-line character with them

He can press buttons.

That first one you're talking about is 096, and it doesn't teleport. The second one is in the 600 series IIRC (662?)

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 29, 2012, 06:23:56 am »

Read the wiki better.The SCP that kills anyone who has seen it is relatively humanoid.And it only kills those who has looked at a picture of it.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:21 am »

Read the wiki better.The SCP that kills anyone who has seen it is relatively humanoid.And it only kills those who has looked at a picture of it.

I know 096 is humanoid, and read the wiki better. It also kills you if you look at its face.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:16 am »

It is specifically it's face, regardless of whether it's a picture or live. Of course, with a picture you live longer. Probably.
Oddly enough, there is one report where it went on a rampage after it was captured on a picture, where it consisted of an entire four pixel square. That probably makes the face was probably less than one pixel large, and yet it still reacted as expected.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 29, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

Of course, with a picture you live longer. Probably.
Only because you can be farther away.

Considering Rez said the SCP teleports, they may be thinking of something else. Unless you know every SCP and none of them are teleporting statues that kill people who see them. There are a lot of SCP files.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 29, 2012, 01:53:10 pm »

There is one that's a teleporting statue that kills people who see them.
Can't remember the number, but if any less than two people are looking at it, it will proceed to kill anyone who has seen it previously (or the person currently watching it, if there is one) and teleport on top of their bodies. It prefers people in crowded areas, presumably to spread its effects.

I've SCPd too much methinks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:02 pm »

There is one that's a teleporting statue that kills people who see them.
Can't remember the number, but if any less than two people are looking at it, it will proceed to kill anyone who has seen it previously (or the person currently watching it, if there is one) and teleport on top of their bodies. It prefers people in crowded areas, presumably to spread its effects.

I've SCPd too much methinks.
yeah, I know that one. Rumor is they have loads of trouble keeping it contained.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 29, 2012, 05:45:24 pm »

Yea, I was thinking of a different one.  Like I said, though, I have no idea what the number or name as.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 29, 2012, 05:57:41 pm »

Like I said, I think that one is in the 600 series and I know it's been cross-tested (hissss) with 682...

It's SCP-689.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:11 pm »

That's the one.

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 29, 2012, 04:39:13 am »

WARNING: POSSIBLE TRAUMA MAY OCCUR. (Squeamish people need not look.)
http://taenaria.com/Stuff/scp/feed.html
Are you LOST?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:18 am »

WARNING: POSSIBLE TRAUMA MAY OCCUR. (Squeamish people need not look.)
http://taenaria.com/Stuff/scp/feed.html
This is the same gif/image used in 895's profile on the wiki.  :P

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 29, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »

That's where I got it from :P
Are you LOST?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »

It is specifically it's face, regardless of whether it's a picture or live. Of course, with a picture you live longer. Probably.
Oddly enough, there is one report where it went on a rampage after it was captured on a picture, where it consisted of an entire four pixel square. That probably makes the face was probably less than one pixel large, and yet it still reacted as expected.
However, an artist's depiction of a picture of its face does not set it off, as the Foundation learned after much effort.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Russisch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 30, 2012, 01:06:52 am »

However, an artist's depiction of a picture of its face does not set it off, as the Foundation learned after much effort.

Honestly, if it's any of the SCPs, it's the Shy Guy that keeps me up at night. Terrific article that makes 173 look docile by comparison.

I liked the one with the red spring, too- the expedition that wasn't was really cool.

I enjoyed "The Plague Doctor" the most, along with the joke SCP's about the sun.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54