Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)  (Read 29459 times)

MrLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodymine (Succession)(Mountainhome Mandates)
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:03 am »

Does he know it's still his turn?  His last post implies he's passing...

I had a look at the previous save. It's nice and chaotic like a succession fortress should be :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2012, 04:04:52 pm »

PM'ed ImBocaire, he said to skip him. I PM WetSheep now.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2012, 07:36:50 pm »

Sadness... epic epic sadness at the passing of ImBocaire >.> Hopefully WetSheep will be able to get the turn done! :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2012, 08:53:41 pm »

Okay, I got the PM. This is my first succession fort, so I'm not experienced at all with anything of the sort. Here goes...

Edit: What version do I need?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:01:02 pm by TheWetSheep »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:14 pm »

Okay, I got the PM. This is my first succession fort, so I'm not experienced at all with anything of the sort. Here goes...

Don't worry, you'll do fine. My first succession game was Hellcannon, and I only got 80% or so of the fort's population killed, so Bloodymine should easily be able to survive you. :P

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2012, 10:29:54 pm »

requesting random dorfing
What do you think? Yes? No?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2012, 10:56:51 am »

Edit: What version do I need?

Newest version should work.

requesting random dorfing

Added to list. TheWetSheep needs to place your dwarf in-game. 8)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2012, 02:07:12 pm »

Due to the fact that I can only play on weekends, I doubt I will be able to finish by the end of today(Sunday). Should I...

-Let the next player have a turn over the week?

-Just play as much as I can today and not complete?

-Any other ideas?

Edit: I started the fort anyway, and I'm just wondering. Do I still have to obey the first mandate or can I expand the fortress normally now?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:30:32 pm by TheWetSheep »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2012, 04:31:23 pm »

Edit: I started the fort anyway, and I'm just wondering. Do I still have to obey the first mandate or can I expand the fortress normally now?

AFAIK, I fulfilled the mandate, and the current one is for 30 war dogs in cages. But building a Dwarfhattan full of dirtscrapers might be an interesting departure from the usual type of fortress design. Whichever you prefer, I guess; you're the one in charge now.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »

These mandates are just supposed to increase your dwarf'ness. They shouldn't hold you back, I didn't work at all on the dog mandate cause of the horde of undead I had to deal with. So try to work towards the dogs (so don't butcher them if you can help it, and ask traders for dogs if you can), but yeah, work the fortress as normal. We can wait for you for next weekend too, not a problem!

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:31 pm »

I'm playing/update writing right now, am currently in mid-summer. Some !!Fun!! things have happened, but the fort is OK now.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2012, 05:49:36 pm »

Okay, my update:

Note: Sorry, no pictures.

The fort seemed to be running quite well, apart from about 20 idlers. A good population of 100.

I started to get the idlers back to work, started expanding the wall, and started to make some copper weapons and armour.

Things were going quite well, a few snatchers, but nothing much else to worry about. Then:

An Ambush! Curse them!

Strangely, this ambush had only one invader in it. He chased a woodworker around for a bit, then left. A bit later, the same thing happened. Apart from these, it has been quite uneventful. Military doesn't have much equipment, will try to change that.

And then...

The Marsh Titan Ware Fepaetile Lebovoneca has come! A huge three-eyed pheasant. It has a fat bulging trunk. It has an austere look about it. Its moss green feathers are long and broad. Beware its Fire!

Oh Carp.

I sent the military out to kill it. They obliged. Finally all these privates will be useful!
They surrounded the pheasant, and started to kill it. Unfortunately, this was very ineffective because they were either unequipped or only equipped with training weapons. Why do we not have any axes? It is the 4th year!!!!!

They have mortally wounded it, but it just won't die. The fire it has created is almost burned out.

End of Spring

Nix and Urist McChops have both become legendary axedwarves and fighters, but they still haven't killed the pheasant due to their weapons. The pheasant isn't even fighting back, it's just staying alive.

I wish these dwarves would stop giving birth. Seriously, that must have been the tenth one during my reign, and it's still early summer.

Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have killed the titan! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have experienced heavy losses, however. Our military is down to 7, not including the 4 recruits I just conscripted. Many are injured. It is time to get our healthcare system in order.

A child is tantruming. He just threw a bin full of clothes about 20 squares. I am amazed at his strength. Also, most peoples' clothes are in tatters. I am attempting to get a clothes industry going.

A marksdwarf that had been injured by the titan just died of thirst. I hope we don't get too many ghosts.

Ooh, another cavern. This one is above the first. It seems that we missed it when digging straight down.

Back to 25 idlers :(

NO! STOP GIVING BIRTH!

The only ore of a weaponizable metal we have is tetrahedrite. I wish we had iron ore. I need to get these legendary axedwarves some decent weapons and armour.

OK, a goblin weredeer just came. Just as I had finished recovering from the fire-breathing pheasant, too. He then transformed back into a goblin, which my military then killed. A high master axedwarf was heavily injured and Nix, one of our axelords, lost his left lower leg and foot, though. This fort really needs some armour. If a seige comes now, we are doomed. Some more marksdwarves would be nice.

OK, it is late summer. I was planning to update at the end of summer, but RL intervened.

Edit: I will be away next weekend, so I won't be able to finish. I will post my save, which is now in late summer, soon.

Edit #2: I must confess, I am not too skilful with technology. I could not figure out how to upload the save. Could someone please help?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:47:01 pm by TheWetSheep »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2012, 08:41:09 am »

Save it.
Zip it.
Load it. (up to http://dffd.wimbli.com/index.php)
Post it.

Edits: Fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:13:20 pm by Brewster »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »

OK, I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6312

Just a question: Why on earth did the military have no metal weapons or armour. I was playing the 4th year, right?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11