Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vampire Rework?

Make all vampiric effects only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 26 (29.5%)
Make any special abilities only activate once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 25 (28.4%)
Make any physical changes only take place once the new vampire has sucked blood.
- 7 (8%)
Make the transformation skill only available after sucking blood.
- 11 (12.5%)
Keep everything the same.
- 19 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.4.1 [For 34.11]  (Read 125718 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: <<Fear The Night!>> v1.1 *Better Vamipres, Werebeasts and Necromancers!*
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »

Right now I'm trying to generate a world, using these vamps and weres, to generate a more "contemporary" world.  What I'd like is that in the beginning of the world, there should be dragons, rocs, abominations of every sort.  But that eventually they die out.  So far so good.

Next, the vamps and weres should take center stage.  They should always have been there obviously, but become more numerous as time goes on.  Not excessively so tho.  In order to do this, I've made sure there are more dragons than anything else, but that they do not readilly reproduce.  The vamps and weres, however, should pass their syndrome on.

Is this even a feasable goal?  If so, does anyone have any recommendations on how to achieve this?

===

Also, as far as the poll goes, I would say replace the boogeymen with something that isn't guaranteed, ie, [UBIQUITOUS].  It would be nice if the boogeymen were more or less prevalent in certain areas, like SAVAGE, EVIL, Wetlands, Deserts, etc.  Harsh areas should make one afraid to go out at night, alone.  BENIGN areas shouldn't have such a restriction, by and large.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:06:11 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2012, 03:37:57 am »

Not sure if this is possible, but is it possible to make a type of infectious boogeyman? Like turning other people into boogeymen? Though I imagine turning into one would probably do something to the game, if it were even possible, with how they teleport and poof at dawn.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:57 am »

Not sure if this is possible, but is it possible to make a type of infectious boogeyman? Like turning other people into boogeymen? Though I imagine turning into one would probably do something to the game, if it were even possible, with how they teleport and poof at dawn.
As far as I know, yes. Just create a creature that has an interaction/syndrome attack and then slap NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN on it. From the wiki:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like them to give you a syndrome that causes fever and dizzyness. Call it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPueR6rkkX4

GhostRiiide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:36 pm »

Is there someway I can combine this with Masterwork mod?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm looking at the files myself and I think I can make it work.

EDIT: Never nevermind, I only succeeded in causing my game to crash. I'll just have to make my own nightcreatures mod for Masterwork.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:06:35 pm by GhostRiiide »

seristal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:21 am »

I just killed a ancient vampire and drinked itss blood but I didn't become a vampire so I'm guessing it's the bug "Sometimes drinking blood doesn't turn you into a vampire properly, this is a vanilla DF problem, not a FTN problem. Regen a world if this happens and it really affects you. You can make an exact copy of the world using its detailed export data world_gen_param file. Also, re-installing DF seems to fix this problem." Is the only way to fix that is to make a new world or could I quit the game without saving and try again?

Edit: And how exactly do I make a copy of a would using its detailed export data world_gen_param file?  :-\

Edit: I would really appreciate some help.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:30:31 pm by seristal »

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is this mod pretty much still compatible with the new version still?

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so I became an infernomancer and started killing people and raising them as flaming zombies, right? big problem. they were hostile to me, and I don't know why. maybe it's something that has to do with the whole corpse replacement thing? because no matter what, the zombies won't stop attacking me, even though I'm trying to get them to attack other things. this is in adventure mode, btw, and not arena.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Hello everyone, I'm kind of back. There was some real world stuff going on that made me pretty busy for the last month and a half or so (2 months?). I'm still short on free time, but I'm going to try to bugfix as much of this mod as possible, and fix any compatibility issues with 34.11

Thanks for downloading, anyone who did while I was gone, I appreciate it.

Now for a few responses

Is there someway I can combine this with Masterwork mod?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm looking at the files myself and I think I can make it work.

EDIT: Never nevermind, I only succeeded in causing my game to crash. I'll just have to make my own nightcreatures mod for Masterwork.
Didn't Meph add it to masterwork? It should work to some extent, you may want to check for conflicts.

So is this mod pretty much still compatible with the new version still?
To my knowledge, yeah.

so I became an infernomancer and started killing people and raising them as flaming zombies, right? big problem. they were hostile to me, and I don't know why. maybe it's something that has to do with the whole corpse replacement thing? because no matter what, the zombies won't stop attacking me, even though I'm trying to get them to attack other things. this is in adventure mode, btw, and not arena.
I'll take a look at this when I get the time, maybe something with allegiances? Did those change at all during the last few versions?

Right now I'm trying to generate a world, using these vamps and weres, to generate a more "contemporary" world.  What I'd like is that in the beginning of the world, there should be dragons, rocs, abominations of every sort.  But that eventually they die out.  So far so good.

Next, the vamps and weres should take center stage.  They should always have been there obviously, but become more numerous as time goes on.  Not excessively so tho.  In order to do this, I've made sure there are more dragons than anything else, but that they do not readilly reproduce.  The vamps and weres, however, should pass their syndrome on.

Is this even a feasable goal?  If so, does anyone have any recommendations on how to achieve this?

===

Also, as far as the poll goes, I would say replace the boogeymen with something that isn't guaranteed, ie, [UBIQUITOUS].  It would be nice if the boogeymen were more or less prevalent in certain areas, like SAVAGE, EVIL, Wetlands, Deserts, etc.  Harsh areas should make one afraid to go out at night, alone.  BENIGN areas shouldn't have such a restriction, by and large.
With a long enough history, most of the megabeasts will die out. Problem is, vamps like to eat entire towns (unless that was fixed).

Again, sorry for the period of silence, but it really wasn't avoidable.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Zyxterman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This is normal for ancient vampires in legends? Or it just a random kill?

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay! Welcome back.

Zyxterman: Most megabeasts will eventually die from some random peasant (who will later get eaten by a giant dingo) getting lucky, but ancient vamps and dragons seem to survive better than most.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile

Yay! Welcome back.

Zyxterman: Most megabeasts will eventually die from some random peasant (who will later get eaten by a giant dingo) getting lucky, but ancient vamps and dragons seem to survive better than most.

Yeah, that. Actualy, vampire do a pretty good job at surviving world gen. It's actualy funny about how many vampire vs. werebeast fights happen in world gen because of this mod.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

Yay! Welcome back.

Yeah, that. Actualy, vampire do a pretty good job at surviving world gen. It's actualy funny about how many vampire vs. werebeast fights happen in world gen because of this mod.

Yeah, I think this is because Vamps and weres tend to become adventurers more due to massively boosted stats.

Also:

BUG REPORTING TIME!
If you've found any bugs, whether small or not, listed by me or not, post them. I'm not sure how much DF has changed in the last few versions, so this'll speed up the bugchecking a lot.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I voted other, get rid of bogeymen altogether :P

I know I can just gen a world without them so whatever.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

When fighting my way up an infernomancer tower, I could not get past the first floor as I couldn't go up the stairs. Is that vanilla or the mod? Also, falming zombies seem to be composed entirely of ribs. I've killed six and already tallied ~50 ribs from the remains.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile

When fighting my way up an infernomancer tower, I could not get past the first floor as I couldn't go up the stairs. Is that vanilla or the mod? Also, falming zombies seem to be composed entirely of ribs. I've killed six and already tallied ~50 ribs from the remains.

The tower thing is a vanilla bug, though the ribs might not be. It was usually assorted organs and body parts. You could throw them like hand grenades actually, since the blood was fire they exploded.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25