Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134956 times)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #750 on: June 09, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »

Hey, I've just read that it's my turn. I'm up for it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:58:47 pm by xczxc »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 09, 2012, 11:15:09 pm »

Excellent!
Have fun! And try not to die horribly.

Like Im a freakin saint.
Well, I am the LEADER of the Saints in SRTT.
Oh, hush, brain.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6464

There ya go.
Thank Armok My turns over.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #752 on: June 10, 2012, 03:50:48 am »

Oh my...how could this place become even more messed up? All that's missing now is an open breach to hell or the surface (same thing in a place like that, really), FB necrosis-dust in all corridors combined with barefoot dwarves and a good lava-flooding. x_x
Lucky me, for having the turn before and not after you.  :P

With all the death and decay going on the biggest question that I have is this: Why is the tame giant crow gone? D=

Good luck xczxc, I'm thrilled to see your grand achievements attempts at survival!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 10, 2012, 04:38:53 am »

Oh my...how could this place become even more messed up? All that's missing now is an open breach to hell or the surface (same thing in a place like that, really), FB necrosis-dust in all corridors combined with barefoot dwarves and a good lava-flooding. x_x
Lucky me, for having the turn before and not after you.  :P

With all the death and decay going on the biggest question that I have is this: Why is the tame giant crow gone? D=

Good luck xczxc, I'm thrilled to see your grand achievements attempts at survival!

Easy. If there was a flood of the lower levels, causing Us to have to find a way to get a new Anvil.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 10, 2012, 06:29:54 am »

I had a look around, holy body parts batman. And i see what you mean about the framerate, 7ish fps is eyestabbingly frustration inducing.
Also noticed the designation artwork around the place, the skull was a nice touch.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 10, 2012, 07:50:48 am »

I had a look around, holy body parts batman. And i see what you mean about the framerate, 7ish fps is eyestabbingly frustration inducing.
Also noticed the designation artwork around the place, the skull was a nice touch.

What can I say. I got really, really, really bored in there :P

Some of the writing is by others, but :)

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 10, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

After suddenly being elected the new overseer, I called for a gathering near an old siege machine, a spot we like to call 'Le catapulte', to discuss what we were going to do.

14 adults and 19 children, 33 hungry bastards. Monom Deduklar, the resident minstrel, decided to pass on the tale of the great fort of markedangels, mainly to attract migrants. Anyway, let's see what we have here:

This is the entrance

No, wait, this one. Yes, those are corpses.

Hold on. I don't know what the fuck is going on here. Fuck it, we are building a new entrance.

Local graffiti, you know, the people's mood.

I have no idea what this is. Perhaps a future entrance under construction?

There are dozens of zombies outside and inside the fort. The latter ones are mostly caged, there is one zombie free behind fortifications and a complex mechanism next to it. Sick, I know.

I can hardly imagine how many miners and resources were spent on this.

So, we've established that previous overseers were a bunch of egomaniacs, the fort in whole is a dirty hole, there are no sane dwarves left, we have a massive surplus of children, the are several... 

Ah! This is nice! There is a working fortress below everything! I take that back, previous overseers.

Stylish.

Very very nice. But everyone insist they must go to the upper fort. Replace cages, they say. Sickos. Anyway, we are banning the upper fort and we are going to make a brand new entrance, which is going to protect immigrants and merchats, and scare foes. It is going to feature fortifications, inner barracks, bridges, moats, traps, art, statues, food, chairs, it's going to be awesome.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 10, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »

The safe entrance comes in the form of a big brown tunnel full of bridges, with a room with four levers in it acting as a control center. The rest = suicide. :P I cant help but notice You didnt screenie it.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »

Damn it, I want to see that save! xD
But wow...I never would have guessed that a simple training-catapult would develop into such a sacred cult-item.  :o
Hey man, when you live with the craziness that is Markedangels, the Catapult that performs its function at all times is a breath of sanity.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 11, 2012, 12:00:35 am »

I found it, it's the one with the live nanny goat and the partial horse skeleton, to the left of the word DIE.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #760 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:56 am »

The safe entrance comes in the form of a big brown tunnel full of bridges, with a room with four levers in it acting as a control center. The rest = suicide. :P I cant help but notice You didnt screenie it.
To be fair, Twangy's entrance (the one on the second picture) kinda works as well, as long as no zombies are blocking it. I used it for the first migrants and the merchants.

But hey, more entrances = more fun. Good luck with your plan and with finding the manpower necessary xczxc.
And I'm glad you like the housing-design. If you are living in a stinking hellhole, at least you should have neat rooms, I'd say.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #761 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50:20 am »

Hey during my turn Markedangels reached its peak of prosperity, in conclusion: we had 'nuff manpower to build the infamous slowpoke-mines.(it was still pretty shit though)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 11, 2012, 04:46:26 am »

Hey during my turn Markedangels reached its peak of prosperity, in conclusion: we had 'nuff manpower to build the infamous slowpoke-mines.(it was still pretty shit though)

Yep!

To be fair, Twangy's entrance (the one on the second picture) kinda works as well, as long as no zombies are blocking it. I used it for the first migrants and the merchants.

But hey, more entrances = more fun. Good luck with your plan and with finding the manpower necessary xczxc.
And I'm glad you like the housing-design. If you are living in a stinking hellhole, at least you should have neat rooms, I'd say.

Emphasis on "As long as no Zombies are blocking it". You people think the zombies are cowards. I bid You all to remember how many of Us were savagely killed in My Previous Turn, and how They killed a whole fuckin Goblin Army, and many Trade Caravans. And Theyre much more clustered all over the map now.

I found it, it's the one with the live nanny goat and the partial horse skeleton, to the left of the word DIE.

Yep!

Damn it, I want to see that save! xD
But wow...I never would have guessed that a simple training-catapult would develop into such a sacred cult-item.  :o
Hey man, when you live with the craziness that is Markedangels, the Catapult that performs its function at all times is a breath of sanity.
-J-

Do You dare blaspheme? This is no mere Catapult. This is THE Catapult. Would You like to be fired from it, Good Sir?

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 11, 2012, 05:11:29 am »

We shouldn't talk shit about the catapult.
I think it's the only reason we still get immigrants. Pilgrims?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 11, 2012, 06:01:41 am »

We shouldn't talk shit about the catapult.
I think it's the only reason we still get immigrants. Pilgrims?

Duh. Obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 74