Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134913 times)

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #675 on: May 16, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »

Wouldnt digging also increase lag because of the stones being mined? Obtw, I also heard that latest update (.08) has some lag problems.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

Wouldnt digging also increase lag because of the stones being mined? Obtw, I also heard that latest update (.08) has some lag problems.
It doesnt - Ive cured My Lag Hate by running My own Fort in a seperate instance of DF, do I can play that, and manage the Game at the same time. I doubt Stone would do it, but lets just say Im awefully tempted to use "clean", and see if it helps.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 18, 2012, 04:50:57 am »

Another couple of months are nearly ready to be published.

Just keeping you informed. Sorry about the delay.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Dalex

• Bay Watcher
  • And thats how Fun was made!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 18, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »

So essentially, I, a lone mechanic, just managed to turn a bunch of zombies on their heels?

What did I do?
"But Sir, Urist's kidneys are falling out of his HEAD, and your telling me he doesn't need surgery?"

"Give him a Crutch!"

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #679 on: May 18, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »

So essentially, I, a lone mechanic, just managed to turn a bunch of zombies on their heels?

What did I do?
I think even as smoke zombies, the civilian dwarves are the same cowards as they were in life. They try run away when they see hostile creatures, even if they are almost invincible and "opposed to life".
That's a big difference to the usual zombies who are just attacking mindlessly.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 18, 2012, 06:31:45 pm »

Fairly sure Felcis is right, which is why military dwarves can fuck you up. If they are active before turning, then you got a steelclad death machine. No pain, no fear, and oh dear god I just realized, they might keep trances.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 18, 2012, 08:05:00 pm »

Theyre not cowards entirely - A group of them will show now fear to a smaller group. But when theyre outnumbered, non-military ones will retreat.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 19, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

Time for the long haul.
Ive just designated a ton of crap, and now im just waiting out a month or two.

Ill post if anything remarkable happens, but I cant stand watching everything, so bleh.

Its Hematite now. Nothing to report.

Yo. Next overseer. Figure out why the upstanding fuck we have nearly 50 jobs regarding moving random junk to the hospital.

Ast is still in the Catapult.

The FPS is ever so slightly less shit.

Migrants.
Dammit, now I have to actually do stuff.
Eh... Small problem. Theres about three dozen zombies hanging around the surface part of the entrance, and about a dozen inside the entrance, just before the smasher bridges.
Lets see what happens...
The zombies are kinda stumbling in small circles, and...
Uh...
Remember that Mace Lord who I said was fighting 2 zombies since forever?
Hes a Zombie now, and He isnt afriad.
Well shit.
The Migrants are utterly surrounded, and some of the Zombies are getting increasingly hostile, and none of them are fleeing.

The Migrants have huddled together, and are trying to slowly make motions toward the entrance, in the hopes the zombies will just let them pass.
There are already injuries, from hit-and-run like assaults.

Somethings up. One of our Masons is trailing back into the Hospital. The path of dripping blood leads to the Main area.
Lemme check something...

The Mason was a criminal, beaten by the Cappy of the Guard. No worries. I was just concerned a zombie might have strolled in :P
For a Violation of Production Order, the Liver was fractured, the Ribs were broken, and the Fingers and Feet were smashed.
Woohoo!

We just found multiple dead puppies outside.
Aww.

I just noticed. The Undead are fighting amongst themselves from time to time. Heh.

The Migrants are still surrounded, and unable to get in.

I just watched a Zombie with a Pick hack off a baby chickens leg for no reason.

FYI, if these stupid Migrants dont suck it up and get in soon, Im sealing the entrance and going back to Youtube until something else happens.
Its now Malachite.

I have an idea. Migrant Militia!

Note to self: Zombies inhesitantly charge at Militia. Eh... YOU TEN! YOU WILL REPEL THE ZOMBIES WHILST THE OTHER 17 OF YOU GET INSIDE!
That was the plan all along. Promise.
Oh, and it seems the Militia are fleeing the Zombies.

Ok. Militia disbanded. Few casualties.
Can you idiots get inside now, before I turn you into something entertaining to watch.

Now theyre fleeing the zombies even more heartily. Fuck this, good luck out there.
1-5 made it inside.

I need a break. This took 2.5 hours.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:42 am »

Should i risk trying to make a pump stack, knowing full well i could kill us all.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:50 pm »

Have you found out if the bastards are vulnerable to falling damage? I'm thinking of executing a standard dodge-me trap. If that's too cheap and cheesy, I might just finish it off with a dash of magma at the bottom.   8)

Edit: And about the pump stack -- how hard can it be?  :P
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 20, 2012, 08:44:29 pm »

Have you found out if the bastards are vulnerable to falling damage? I'm thinking of executing a standard dodge-me trap. If that's too cheap and cheesy, I might just finish it off with a dash of magma at the bottom.   8)

Edit: And about the pump stack -- how hard can it be?  :P
Every time I try, I end up killing everyone. Dont ask how.

At this point, weve gotten pretty cheap. However, if You replaced some of the smasher bridges with dodge'm traps, Id be cool with that :) Besides - Even if it didnt kill em, itd be a nice display set!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:36 am »

Aren't zombies trap avoid?
I know for a fact Zombie dwarves are trap avoid)Edited for being wrong)., as well as they can totally open closed doors. (also zombie pets/reverted to wild)
And the hospital thing, it seems it's a bug with the new version. I'm also wondering if the new hauling rules is screwing with productivity yet, something along the lines of "Item produced>run to stockpile for bin>return to workshop with bin>put item in bin>run back to stockpile with bin and item>return to workshop just as second item is produced>repeat process."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:51:15 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 21, 2012, 04:02:30 am »

Aren't zombies trap avoid?
I know for a fact Zombie dwarves are trap avoid, as well as they can totally open closed doors. (also zombie pets/reverted to wild)
And the hospital thing, it seems it's a bug with the new version. I'm also wondering if the new hauling rules is screwing with productivity yet, something along the lines of "Item produced>run to stockpile for bin>return to workshop with bin>put item in bin>run back to stockpile with bin and item>return to workshop just as second item is produced>repeat process."

We have multiple caged Zombie Dwarves.
I caught them with the Cage Traps I had that essentially kept Us from being in Markedangels Reclaimed back when I caused that incident on My first turn.

That sounds about right, because this Fort aside, in another one Im playing in DF: Apocalypse, production sometimes just grinds to a complete halt due to some kind of hauling loophole.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »

You have, of course, made a zoo with these caged zombies?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2012, 01:06:21 pm »

You have, of course, made a zoo with these caged zombies?

The logical solution is to systematically trap all the current and future cloud zombies. It falls to Markedangels to serve as an asylum to those unfortunate souls. There shall be enormous undeground halls to contain the poor creatures, so that other dwarves may visit their loved ones. This would also serve as the perfect location for the fort's prisons - chains and cages. Spending a night in the haunted halls of the insane and zombified would be enough to put some sense into the most wild dwarf.

The more powerful entities (those with military skills) can be weaponized, and stored in mechanized cages. Should a band of goblins or worse, elves, try to invade... we will unleash them, and let them protect the fort they so wished to call a home.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 74