Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134525 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:48 am »

I'll take a turn, private message me when it's my turn. Do you mind if I use Ironhand or should i stick to default? I can play either, but i prefer with a texture pack.
I'd also like a Marksdwarf :>

Texture Packs are fine, Friend.
I usually play Vanilla, because of how I interprit DF in general as being a Story Generator (And as such gain the most out of the experience from reading the Combat Reports, and Announcements and Legends, without needing much out of the actual Visual Display); But I also occassionally switch to Phoebus if the mood takes Me.

After all, it isnt going to actually change the Game itself.

And Ill be sure to PM You when the time comes.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 08:20:16 am »

Chilton you bastard! :P One suprise after another! ;) Could've warned me 'bout the fact that it's an all evil embark(atleast I think so), with multiple zombieclouds rolling at the same time and a fckn aquifer :P

Well here goes nothin'

Spring 8)

A mysterious smoke cloud rolls over the horizon...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Luckily the wind blows in the other direction and I'm we're safe for the moment but a curious hamster(giant :P) checks it out. The hamster immiedatly start running for it life which I don't view as a good sign ??? Manages to escape barely...Bloody fast for their size those things :P

As I'm about to start my digging a group of mosquitomen arrive...aswell as three of the mysterious clouds....
Upon seeing how the crude creatures twists into even more horrifiying forms we all run inside.

A beast of epic porportions in the form of a green insect hunts down one of our miners...the commotion alerts the horrifying creature from before...
For days the beast tries to kill our good friend Momuz McMiner meanwhile the undeadmonster follow both of them.

To spice up the hunt even more one of our buffalos decides to join the fray...Bloody stupid creatures
But on the contrary this might give Momuz a chance to escape...

The giant beast finally takes notice to it's stalker and stops in it's step. As our foes charge at each other momuz and the buffalo is now running from multiple new zombieclouds
The battle between our enemies is quite even until the undead is joined by one of it's kin.

I manage to save all dwarves from the horrors on the outside but all animals are lost...A few murderclouds or a little aquifer ain't gonna stop me  8)
I will tidy this up laterz  :P

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 08:45:02 am »

:o oooooO

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 08:46:01 am »

Chilton you bastard! :P One suprise after another! ;) Could've warned me 'bout the fact that it's an all evil embark(atleast I think so), with multiple zombieclouds rolling at the same time and a fckn aquifer :P

Im sorry, I can barely hear You over the sound of Me laughing at how awesomely this was revealed to You.

But believe Me, Youve only just bludgeoned the surface ;)
Im such a good person!

In any case, Im glad to see this get off to a nice vicious start :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 09:58:26 am »

Shit, uhmm...I think we'll have to skip my turn :(
Save got corrupted...Also when I tried to start it, it opened maybe 100 windows of df...The taskmanager crashed so I had to close each window induvidually. Took ages...
Or is there a way to fix a corrupted save? ???

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 10:05:26 am »

Shit, uhmm...I think we'll have to skip my turn :(
Save got corrupted...Also when I tried to start it, it opened maybe 100 windows of df...The taskmanager crashed so I had to close each window induvidually. Took ages...
Or is there a way to fix a corrupted save? ???
As in, an All-Progress-Made-Has-Been-Lost-Since-My-Previous-Update Corruption; Or a "This Turn Never Happened" Corruption?

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 10:19:35 am »

This game looks deliciously challenging. Sign me up for a dorf and a turn.

Name: Felcis (male) or Felicia (female)
Profession: Leatherworker or Weapon- or Armorsmith or Soldier (sword, spear or crossbow)...or whatever is available. :3

Hopefully the problem with the corruption turns out fine. :<

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:58 am »

This game looks deliciously challenging. Sign me up for a dorf and a turn.

Name: Felcis (male) or Felicia (female)
Profession: Leatherworker or Weapon- or Armorsmith or Soldier (sword, spear or crossbow)...or whatever is available. :3

Hopefully the problem with the corruption turns out fine. :<
The good thing is, it happened early. I, or Slowpokez can easily 'fix' it. Itll work out, dont worry :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 10:28:20 am »

Brewster's turn?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:30:51 am »

Brewster's turn?
Lets not get ahead of ourselves - It may well be, but theres currently a salvaging attempt.
I am now going to do this!

//+\\

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
PLEASE STANDBY

Go Eat Some Cheese. Or Something.

//+\\

In all seriousness though, it wont take long to sort this out one way or another.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:34:41 am by Chilton »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 10:34:49 am »

I get a messege like "Blackbird template is missing" or something like that...ehh what? ???
You guys wanna take a look at the file?
Also I've tried using 4 different "raws" and 3 launchers...still the fckn blackbird messing it up!

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:22 am »

I get a messege like "Blackbird template is missing" or something like that...ehh what? ???
You guys wanna take a look at the file?
Also I've tried using 4 different "raws" and 3 launchers...still the fckn blackbird messing it up!
Right - Go into DF>RAW>Objects>Creature_Birds.txt; Copy that entire File to replace the same file in the Save.
Ill keep digging, but attempt that for now.
Failing that, copy ALL the RAWs over from the Default Game Folder into the Save Folder.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 10:42:28 am »

Chilton m8, you're the man! :D
Fixed it!
But I got at first I got a strange tex.-pack mix between 3-4 different packs...what? All moss turned to grass...Non fliers where up a few z-levels...
Restarted...and everythings back to normal :D

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 10:43:59 am »

Chilton m8, you're the man! :D
Fixed it!
But I got at first I got a strange tex.-pack mix between 3-4 different packs...what? All moss turned to grass...Non fliers where up a few z-levels...
Restarted...and everythings back to normal :D
Holy fucking shit, I cant believe I just actually De-Corrupted a Savegame using the first random thing that popped into My Head.

...Whee!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 10:52:48 am »

But we have a new problem...A very sneaky zombie-pony :P
Everytime I open a door the pony comes running in (noone is there), I close the door and it sneaks back around the corner just out of sight...

Well I'll come up with a way to handle it, hopefully it'll get distracted with something else...Doesn't seem to be the case at the moment since it values it's ambush-position over the hordes of bird-men chilling out a few urists behind it :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74