Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghost status in .34  (Read 2995 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ghost status in .34
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:53 am »

I recall someone getting torn in a half right at the entrance if fort in .31 but I've failed to find my two ghosts near the places of their death.
Have anyone encountered ghosts while adventuring in their former forts or are those removed after abandonment now?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ghost status in .34
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »

Someone did Science on this, they're hard to find but if you do, they never leave you alone until you die. And in the case of murderous haunts, they'll rip your limbs apart till you die.

Kie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:03 pm »

I was killed by ghosts of one of my old forts. It battered me to death, but I could talk to it.
Vae Victis

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:00:58 pm »

I encountered one and looked at the description, which said it was an animated set of clothes.  I was playing a mod at the time, so it may have not been a real ghost.(I didn't think of that till just now) I killed it rather easily.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:17 pm »

I encountered one and looked at the description, which said it was an animated set of clothes.  I was playing a mod at the time, so it may have not been a real ghost.(I didn't think of that till just now) I killed it rather easily.

Yup, mod. Ghosts can currently only be killed by the Ghost Busters, Slabs, Receptacles, Spectacles, Fell Dwarfs and maybe King DZA

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:09:26 pm »

Yup, mod. Ghosts can currently only be killed by the Ghost Busters, Slabs, Receptacles, Spectacles, Fell Dwarfs and maybe King DZA
And the Welder.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:35:14 pm »

And the Welder.
You guys forgot Keanu Reeves.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

And the Welder.
You guys forgot Keanu Reeves.
Keanu Reeves goes under spectacles... I'd think :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

I remember when i had a dwarf go fell in a failing fort, everyone was tantruming due to ghost apocalypse, but a fell dwarf decided he needed every ghost in the fortress for his artifact, and the cheese maker that showed up of course.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

I remember when i had a dwarf go fell in a failing fort, everyone was tantruming due to ghost apocalypse, but a fell dwarf decided he needed every ghost in the fortress for his artifact, and the cheese maker that showed up of course.
What did it turn out to be?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »

a dwarf bone mug, thats it. he did this so he could have a coffee ale cup.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »

To his credit, a spoooky mug.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:47 am »

Fell dwarves can butcher ghosts!? Awesome!!

TONIGHT WE SHALL DRINK FROM THEIR SKULLS!!
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 03:22:28 pm »

Fell dwarves can butcher ghosts!? Awesome!!

TONIGHT WE SHALL DRINK FROM THEIR SKULLS!!

Ah sadly you cannot make ghost bone crafts :(

Still, it does kill them, and a Dwarf will still die in the end... It all works out nicely.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »

Good 'ole DF feature-bugs. Sometimes they're my favorite part of the game, really. :)
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.