Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55149 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Mid game.
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »

Risen Oracle.
Too bad its agartha restricted, best immortal SC pretender by far.

Hearing that almost makes me worried some Pretendors arn't that good.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2012, 11:06:20 pm »

Also, have dwarven hammers been removed in this CBM version? A friend of mine couldn't find it in the list with CBM on, but when CBM's off it shows up again.
It's been made into a unique, I think. The latest CBM comes with a forging reference in .pdf, so you might want to have a look there.

It kinda looks like everybody wants to have the game restarted anyway, so maybe we should just do that?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2012, 05:21:14 am »

If I recall correctly, you also lose paths (1) and some other stats when you "die" normally, while the immortal fellas have slightly less of a issue with it (you still have a utterly useless cripple if you die to often, so no immortal defender of your capital in all glory) - and you drop your items.

They are fun thou and you can do lots of shenanigans, like casting some of the area of effect spells that affect the whole battlefield (give yourself a item with resistance, then cast what your magic paths allow, from poison clouds to everything is on fire.jpg) and just retreat at turn 3, quite effective vs huge armys. I also like using snake-bladder-suicide units against those annoying massive armys... if you are willing to surrender territory, you can cripple/wound any army based on massive chaff or simple human like creatures.

Argata is a special little race imo, so sucky at the start (nearly any race can violate them and there tendency to be near water will give any ryleh player a quite easy extra capital), but if they get to lategame there armys and sc boost some of the most scary hp/armor/ouchness of them all. Maybe more for those who like to play defensive.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2012, 07:25:42 am »

Just got a response from lch. He dug around and found what he needed to help us so we don't have to restart if we don't want to. I guess I could let him know if we're just going to restart though?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2012, 07:55:58 am »

So who would like to restart except me and TempAcc?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2012, 08:39:58 am »

I would, but I'd rather not since we're past the boring part of this game already.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2012, 09:35:01 am »

I say we go on with it!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:50 am »

Indeed, a restart would also be more fair on the new players so they won't have to pick up deadmeat's utgard and be able to make their own decisions from the start.

Are we going to use a new thread though?

Anyway, if we do late age again, I call Ulm, black forest :o , yet another nation I have very few experience with (I'm not used to forging a whole lot), but its pretty fun overall. We could also do another map if we don't get 2 water nations again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:57:02 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:33 am »

I have set up a poll. Due to some earlier sheanigans with polls it says that you can chose three options. Please be clear about your choice by selecting just one.

Also, could the non-players please don't vote?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »

... why do we have 7 votes? Which non-player(s) voted? C'mon guys...

Edit: oh wait, someone just voted twice. Hrm. Either way it looks like we're restarting. I might take this opportunity to bow out now that I think about it; my schedule's starting to look less open than it did when we started the first time.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Dominions 3 is about £35 at the moment, and having read this, I'm kinda interested. Is the single player any good, or is it all the multiplayer?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2012, 03:54:29 pm »

I personally like single player, but it's almost always a stomp if you survive the initial rushes, so it's not particularly deep. All of the same possibilities are still there, but you don't really have to do much past amassing an army to beast the AI most of the time. It's still fun for me to play around with the possibilities though, so your mileage will vary.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2012, 08:54:25 am »

It's looks like we are restarting and looking for player.
Il Palazzo - could you change thread's subject?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven-and-a-half - LOOKING FOR A PLAYER
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:05 am »

From here on, this is the new game

Oh, and by the way, Xaran is not interested in playing anymore, so there's no point in pestering him with messages.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:10:35 am by Il Palazzo »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven-and-a-half - LOOKING FOR A PLAYER
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »

Sooo, we have Lorak, robespierre, karlito, boksi and myself so far? You could join youself Il P, if you can, we'd just have to do our own fluffy bits :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29