Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55144 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Mid game.
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2012, 04:02:14 pm »

It wasn't a defeatist call to abandon all hope. I don't have an account on Shrapnel forums and am very rarely perusing them, so I simply needed to know whether or not the guy can still be reached.
I'll register tomorrow and try shooting him a PM then.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2012, 04:02:31 pm »

I wouldn't mind if we ended up restarting. I'd love to try LA Ulm on a MP game, and I'm having fun any way around as long as the turns are active, but other players might not soooooo yea, lets try to recover this one first I guess.

Deadmeat's email is on his bay12 account.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Yeah sorry Il P that was more hostile than it should have been. If you'd like I can get in touch since I have an account.

Edit: I would be up for restarting as well if this recovery thing doesn't pan out, though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:13:42 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:43 pm »

It wouldn't be a disaster to restart I guess.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

I haven't heard from deadmeat at all from any of the in-game (obvious) or email correspondence I've tried (using the Bay 12 "email this user" link). I dunno if Karlito's had any better luck.

I did the same, and haven't heard anything. I don't really want to restart, but you know, it goes how it goes.

EDIT: Since I have a few thoughts on how to refine my bless, maybe a restart wouldn't be so bad.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:52:07 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:08 pm »

If you'd like I can get in touch since I have an account.
Cheers mate, if you could do that. Let me know how it goes.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:06 am »

I wouldn't mind, let's restart if we have to.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2012, 11:30:10 am »

Message send to lch, I'll let you know when I hear a response.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:22 am »

Going to make a new thread for this restart or use this one?

Hmm I am starting to wonder the exact point of pretendors with resurection. I am having trouble seeing a situation where it would be more then a "mild" advantage (unless I guess... you keep all the equipment you had before you die)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:55:01 am by Neonivek »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »

Bringing gods back when they're destroyed takes a fair bit of priest work and takes a while. Unless you're running a bless strategy, not having your god around can be a pretty sizeable disvantage, specialy if you depend on it to cast powerful rituals or forge stuff, or to just lead a huge army around that is greatly boosted by its skills and paths. Immortality removes that worry in many situations unless you're deep into enemy dominion (pretenders spread dominion pretty fast so its unlikely they'll be killed in a more permanent way when raiding weak dominion provinces), and takes care of afflictions over time, so something like the risen oracle, which is both immortal and good at fighting alone can make the ideal super combatant.

Immortality is not as useful when expanding then it is on defending your territory. Fighting inside your own dominions means you'll never truly lose, just the province and the stuff you carry.

An immortal unit, when given the black heart item can also be made into the perfect assassin when in friendly dominion. Give him a poison weapon. One hit and he'll kill any living, non poison immune commander, even if he dies.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:15:38 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:27 pm »

We're not sure if we're going to have to restart yet, I think we were all just mentioning whether we would be in for the next one if we did have to restart. It's looking like we aren't going to have to, but I'm not going to say for sure either way until we get word back from lch.

(ninjad but posting anyway because I wrote it up)
The immortal skill is important for a few reasons:
1) it immediately resurrects the dead unit at the capital (better than having to use priests to Call God and waste their turns/your money to buy them)
2) it slowly removes afflictions (which will undoubtedly happen if a unit dies repeatedly)
3) it doesn't reduce magic paths (if you manually Call God it reduces all of a pretender's paths by 1 each)

You don't get to keep their equipment as far as I know, though, so it's best for early game when they can work well without equipment or later if you assume they're going to die but that you're going to win anyway and send commanders along to gather the gear after they die.

Robespierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »

In my opinion at the beginning is better to restart than replace player.
Anyway It's only my opinion ;).

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

I agree though :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2012, 03:59:28 pm »

Well the only Combatant Immortal I know of is the Phoenix with the Lich King being more of a Magical Immortal. (I am probably wrong given I only got to play the demo and watch a few letsplays)

I know Immortal has a point in it of itself... But I don't know if it is worth intentionally picking a pretendor with it over another (I have never even seen a single letsplay where ANYONE picked a immortal pretendor).

Which I only wonder because frankly... I sort of like the Lich King.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:55:13 pm by Neonivek »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2012, 09:12:51 pm »

Risen Oracle.
Too bad its agartha restricted, best immortal SC pretender by far.

Also, have dwarven hammers been removed in this CBM version? A friend of mine couldn't find it in the list with CBM on, but when CBM's off it shows up again.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:16:03 pm by TempAcc »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29