Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

N/A

N/A
N/A

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round 7.5 - FINISHED  (Read 55147 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Seven - Mid game.
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

The score charts show that you're behind in troops and research, and you're probably at war with someone (but not me).

Oh, and thanks for playing!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:04:24 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2012, 03:56:17 pm »

@Lorak:
Heh, the rampaging golems that had to run for their lifeless existences and dig down in the mountains. Oh, I remember. It was the best kind of stressful.

I'll let the players explain the situation, although in a few days I should be able to write another piece of commentary, if you can wait that long. But I think the diplomacy will start in earnest now that the new player is in the house, so you'll be getting lots of fine propaganda disguised as information anyway.

Anyway, I'll need your email address(I can't seem to find it).

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2012, 04:01:43 pm »

Welcome to the game! We'll try not to make it particularly stressful for you. Utgard's in a pretty good position as far as I can tell you're doing pretty well on province number and dominion, but your research, number of forts, gem income, and army size are fairly small. However, your income's really high compared to most other nations and you have 3 turns of staled income to work with, so you should be able to catch up to where you want to be relatively quickly. You're not at war with Bogarus, but I can't speak for other nations. As far as I know the only nation Utgard might have ticked off is Patala, maybe R'lyeh, but I didn't think there was an actual war happening yet.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »

I'll pop in and offer my unique viewpoint as the player of Patala:

YOU'VE GOT SOME 80-90 SACRED GIANTS AND YOUR PRETENDER ON MY DOORSTEP. GEEZE LOUISE I WONDER WHAT DEADMEAT WAS PLANNING TO DO WITH THOSE.

Of course, then he stopped sending in turns, so I got some time to prepare.

oh and you've got Angerboda.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2012, 04:15:51 pm »

I don't even know what Angerboda is, but it sounds good.

Also, does this mean we're at war?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:13 pm »

I don't even know what Angerboda is, but it sounds good.

Also, does this mean we're at war?
Angerboda is one of your heroes, I think.

And we're at the brink of war. Frankly, even if you don't want war I've been making plans for fighting you these last few turns so you might as well attack, or at least expect me to attack if you don't.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »

Cause I'm sure he'll want to fight someone that's spent the last 3 or 4 days planning ways to defeat him.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:49 pm »

Cause I'm sure he'll want to fight someone that's spent the last 3 or 4 days planning ways to defeat him.
And I'm totally going to let him go after meticulously planning how to kill him.

Look, I'd love to show him some mercy as a bit of good sportmanship, but if I don't attack someone soon I'll get left behind and frankly I don't think I'd do too well in the massive melee that every other nation is currently embroiled in.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »

Guess what, people? Deadmeat password-protected his game. Unless you can reach him and extract the password, we're going to be quite unable to proceed.
I can never understand why people do this.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:27 pm »

Hrm... in case something happens to me, my password's deathbog.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:57 pm »

I knew I didn't remember having to enter a password before.  :-P

There's absolutely no way to reset the password?  :-(

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2012, 07:21:31 pm »

Oh, looks like there's a site to recover passwords from Pretender files. http://dom3.servegame.com/passrecover.php

Do we have a way to get his pretender file? If not, apparently the guy who put that site together CAN recover them from turn files but he has to do it manually.

Details here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38828
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:23:10 pm by Bluerobin »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2012, 09:24:35 pm »

Wha?? Just when the game was getting fun :C
I didn't even know you could password protect your game on llamaserver, well at least not that a player could password protect his own share.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:27 pm »

I need an update on the situation.

1.Does anybody have an email address to Deameat?
2.If yes, did anybody send him a request for the password?
3.Was there any kind of a response at all?

Re: the password recovery guy - that post is four years old. I don't know if the guy is even still active and reachable.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

I haven't heard from deadmeat at all from any of the in-game (obvious) or email correspondence I've tried (using the Bay 12 "email this user" link). I dunno if Karlito's had any better luck.

lch (the password guy) is still active (and a VIP) on the Shrapnel forums and the program for recovering passwords from Pretender files has been on at least two servers since he posted it initially, so it seems like it's something he's keeping up, at least partially. Plus it's better to try that if we don't have another option than to say "hey here's a guy who offered to recover passwords in the past, lets ignore him and give up."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:26:29 am by Bluerobin »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29