Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103415 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:36 am »

How do I get to you?  I started playing on Desertion a few days ago and it's boring as hell
You may want to make a new character to get on Serenity, otherwise it can be difficult to change nations.  Not impossible, but difficult.  Especially since you're on the Horde of the Summoned side, and this makes you "the evil ones" by default.

I'll ask around in kingdom if anyone would want to convert you, but you'd need to move to somewhere that we could find you.  Chances are you don't know where you are or how to navigate around the server, so I'd advice a new character.  Worst comes to worst though, you could also try and ask a GM to take pity on you and swap your nation.  If you're really attached to the name you've picked, I figure a deal like "reset all my skills and put me over there" would be fair.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2012, 03:29:35 pm »

well, I can't play. I made another character on desertion to try soloing, and I keep having the game suddenly go red, green and blue, go down to less than 1 FPS, then I have to close it. then it pops up with the crash message ::)

never used to happen, then they updated.

EDIT: hey hey hey! I am playing! I'm just having technical issues!

There are some known issues with ATI and Intel graphics.  You will need to gather video hardware and driver data, as well as Java version data, and operating system data to give the folks in the Wurm forums a chance to start trying to help you.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »

well, I can't play. I made another character on desertion to try soloing, and I keep having the game suddenly go red, green and blue, go down to less than 1 FPS, then I have to close it. then it pops up with the crash message ::)

never used to happen, then they updated.

EDIT: hey hey hey! I am playing! I'm just having technical issues!

There are some known issues with ATI and Intel graphics.  You will need to gather video hardware and driver data, as well as Java version data, and operating system data to give the folks in the Wurm forums a chance to start trying to help you.
funny. I have neither intel OR ATI.

So you aren't affected by the most common issues, there are still lots of other common issues that are resolveable only after the client devs or other experienced people on the Wurm forums get the information.

These days there is a new version of Intel processor with integrated video, so a lot of people who didn't realize that they have intel graphics are discovering that yes they do in fact have intel graphics - as part of their CPU.  Not saying you are one of these folks, but I also don't know that you aren't.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:23 am »

Try playing in fullscreen.  My newish system chugs in windowed mode but never even slows down in fullscreen.

Myrmec

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing the [z]tock market
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 01, 2012, 07:29:34 am »

I'm on my way, new character's name is Nimaj.  Is there a secret handshake I need to know?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

Only that The Twelfth Bay has fallen.  Azated has handed over control and no one logs in anymore.  It seems the theme of B12 lives on in Kuzym's village, which I joined.  If you'll PM my ingame as "/tell Girlinhat <stuff>" I can help you out.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:53 am »

So you guys play in serenity server as JK or how active b12's there are nowadays?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:52 am »

B12 proper isn't active, but there's villages out here that will work, and some have B12 members.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:04 am »

Just figuring should i convert to JK and play with you guys or stay on elevation :( hard choices.

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 02, 2012, 03:03:55 pm »

Could always join up with another group. My place is still active and I plan to deed soon because of bay12's inactivity. PM Kuzym in-game. We are big on PvP and planning defenses.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:46 am »

Was there any reason peopple stopped playing?
According to list there was quite a bunch of em :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2012, 08:32:41 am »

I guess the same reason as always.

Eventually after some time playing Wurm people realize they could be doing something fun instead.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

Funny how folks stop playing when I start :P

Got lost near that area trying to find my way to where my brother settled down.

On a quite funny note (for me), my brother accidently burned his ~ql 60 bow in my campfire while I was cooking casseroles about 10 minutes ago :P

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2012, 03:50:40 am »

my brother accidently burned his ~ql 60 bow in my campfire while I was cooking casseroles about 10 minutes ago :P

Classic :)

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 05, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »

My guess is people got sick of watching their things disappear in other people's locked chests lol.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43