Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1245323 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #10620 on: July 18, 2015, 09:54:19 pm »

My, what an inflamed thread. Many beads of sweat and drops of Mt. Dew have come to form this, I'd think.

PTW, I'll probably have a PC but highly idiotic response to something someone will say.

Hahaha, do I give a shit about America? Your nation can kill itself all it wants as long as it doesn't take mine down with it, which it will.
Well fuck you too.

EDIT: SALT SALT LOUD WHISPERS INSULTED MY COUNTRY

Him making irrational attacks does not mean you should, too.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: July 18, 2015, 10:01:42 pm »

Meanwhile in SC: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kkk-protests-after-swift-reckoning-for-confederate-flag-in-the-south/2015/07/18/a2407fae-2d85-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

KKK is doing a good job of getting blacks and latinos to join. I mean, you look underneath the hoods and they're not even different colors anymore! They all end up white!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: July 18, 2015, 10:58:50 pm »

Okay, Toady was just here. Let's stop the Islam discussion for now and try to be a bit more careful if it gets brought up in the future.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: July 19, 2015, 12:24:22 am »

Meanwhile in SC: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kkk-protests-after-swift-reckoning-for-confederate-flag-in-the-south/2015/07/18/a2407fae-2d85-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

KKK is doing a good job of getting blacks and latinos to join. I mean, you look underneath the hoods and they're not even different colors anymore! They all end up white!
Hey.

I like your sheepy-sheeps. Ish cutie sheeps.

:D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: July 19, 2015, 05:03:27 am »

that's a good post lw, make more of these

the article states nobody cares about the kkk anymore, not even other supremacists

why should we

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10626 on: July 19, 2015, 05:26:41 am »

Of all the things I'd thought offend that is the one I'd least expect. Special relationship in living memory, but sorry Murrica it hasn't lived up and I'm not invested in your country

that's a good post lw, make more of these

the article states nobody cares about the kkk anymore, not even other supremacists

why should we
It's easy; also they are insignificant now but given recent stuff this might a time for them to recruit people under the banner that "we are being attacked" because of gay marriage and all these people attacking the confed flag
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:31:03 am by Loud Whispers »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: July 19, 2015, 08:41:40 am »

I guess the KKK is being attacked, but it doesn't matter because their moral compass has been off since day 1. It might have been fine then, but times change.

Hey.

Did...

Did Descan just notice me?
HNNNNNNGHHH I'm going to go clean that up.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: July 19, 2015, 09:12:52 am »

I guess the KKK is being attacked, but it doesn't matter because their moral compass has been off since day 1. It might have been fine then, but times change.
But it is one of the best times for them to publicly move so they can capitalize on the ignited anger from the (attempted) bans. It hurts the flag's cause but that is also to the Klan's advantage. It validates more of their message and the group mentality that generally paints the opposition in the worst light (if you want to keep the flag you're a white supremacist) will drive people closer to the Klan.

But this will only work if media capitalizes on this to stir controversy as that is part of what inflames that group mentality. As long as non-hate groups openly support the flag and it is reported on equally the KKK won't be getting a big influx of reluctant recruits/allies.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: July 19, 2015, 09:58:58 am »

Hey.

Did...

I'm confused now. Am I a senpai now? @_@
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10630 on: July 19, 2015, 11:27:17 am »

Not talking about the KKK, talking about potential recruits from southerners who love their guns, their bibles and their confed flags. KKK can use all three as platforms to launch recruitment drives, going from the above topics of Obama's gun control drives, that recent court ruling on gay marriage going country-wide on the USA and the recent hurricane shitstorm on the confed flag onto "and then John was the jews" to swell their numbers with the people who use the south will rise again bumpers. It's like when the KKK defended the US army funeral from Westboro Baptist Church people; strike common accord, strike commonality - then you can strike. Three strikes you're out and you're into the KKK.
To be honest the KKK are not very smart and are made up of 50% CIA agents, there's nothing to worry about until they once more punch above the local level.
Also on the topic of their recruitment tactics there's nothing new, what's new is that their rhetoric has more oomph given the coinciding of loads of events in America (mainly the three above).
The ADL has this to say (years ago):
Of all the types of right-wing hate groups that exist in the United States, the Klan remains the one with the greatest number of national and local organizations around the country.
More than 40 different Klan groups exist, many having multiple chapters, or “klaverns,” including a few that boast a presence in a large number of states. There are over a hundred different Klan chapters around the country, with a combined strength of members and associates that may total around 5,000.
After a period of relative quiet, Ku Klux Klan activity has spiked noticeably upwards in 2006, as Klan groups have attempted to exploit fears in America over gay marriage, perceived “assaults” on Christianity, crime and especially immigration.
They are also unified in the sense that ISIS is a unified force stretching from Africa to Asia; it's a bunch of separate groups with varying political and religious goals that share the same name as fame = recruitment, and they don't fight amongst themselves because they hate everyone else more. It means that there's no central authorities beyond the klan level, so you can't just decapitate a snake because it's really more like combing through a field of worms. Also of note is that I remember an interview with a KKK man, not high level but one of their grunts going on about how he was disappointed in the organization because all they did was do marches that didn't really recruit anyone. If that is true then any recruitment they get now is far more than they're accustomed to, and as it gets bigger its opportunities to grow gets bigger too. I've also seen news reports where they say are 160 clans and there may be up to 8,000 members, but I'm not sure what has given them such a widely different definition. Either in the two years between the reports there was a fracture/new foundings or they just draw the lines differently. If these 5-8,000 were spread out they'd be no more harmless than your usual thug but I'm going to hazard a guess and say they're concentrated in certain areas, the ADL saying Midwest and South. Good luck there, must be just fun. I wonder how many people it'll take before they consider themselves strong enough to strike or if they'll just keep on trying to grow. I know their heroin running cousins in the Aryan Brotherhood killed some atourneys who were trying to imprison their guys a few years ago, though they're more money first and nazis second (one of the highest defectors is even on quote as calling the AB race traitors for doing nothing but run heroin).
Though on second thought it doesn't really matter much how many thousand more KKK members they recruit when they already have thousands - what matters more are how many sympathizers and supporters they get, the people who won't go so far as to join the KKK but will get all apologetic and give shekels for burning crosses and tablecloths. That'd be a larger pool of people you wouldn't really know are sympathizers, and their number can grow far larger.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: July 19, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

snip

Sure. The organization is present, the hate is present, the initiative is built from lowly scraps but is still present, but the thing is that they won't local support where they need it. If they want to push conservative beliefs, how many people can they indoctrinate in suburban Texas, where everyone already agrees with them up to the point of being a radical? The thing with groups like ISIS is that they attract people of many kinds. People of other nations, people across the world. The KKK doesn't have the means to achieve that, nor the will. Their numbers may grow, but growth will eventually come to an end.

One thing, though, I agree that KKK will get the funding they need from the shadowy type. I completely agree with your last two sentences.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: July 20, 2015, 01:58:09 am »

Hey.

Did...

I'm confused now. Am I a senpai now? @_@
You always *are* the senpai.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:34 pm »

Anthony Hervey, a black Confederate Flag supporter and author of "Why I Wave the Confederate Flag, Written by a Black Man: The End of Niggerism and the Welfare State" died in a car wreck yesterday. A passenger survived and stated that they were chased and run off the road by another vehicle.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/07/19/man-killed-wreck-piece-oxford-history/30397953/

It's looking a whole lot like politically-motivated murder.

Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: July 20, 2015, 04:00:54 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/07/20/this-153000-rattlesnake-bite-is-everything-wrong-with-american-health-care/

$153K for one bite.... Just wow. Look kids, a whole new reason to be afraid of snakes.... Beyond absurd.

And here's the best part. He has less than 15 days to pay in according to the paper. Bill issued July 13th, 2015, payment due ... July 27, 2015.

14 days .... Nice.... Incorporating health care as for profits.... Brilliant.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:04:55 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 759