Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33646 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

Tolyk/Divide: You both said that you would be the one to perform the kill because of your lack of experience. Is that really the only reason? Knowing that the other said the same thing and you're both on the same hypothetical team, how would you two decide who actually does it?
Huh.
It would depend on what other (i.e. vote-based) powers we would have. I can't say without a concrete situation.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »

Caz:
Bookthras - If you were scum, when would a massclaim appeal to you? Would you claim a fake role?
I'm not a big fan of massclaims generally, regardless of alignment, unless they become necessary by day 3 or 4 to dissect evidence presented, so I can't say it would "appeal" to me earlier than that. Whether I would fakeclaim as scum would depend heavily on circumstances, what my actual role was, and whether I thought it would be a) necessary and b) possible to get away with.

Toaster:
Book:  Given that you've had a triple voter role before, what impact do you think one would have on the game?
Hmmm... that was in an old BYOR, wasn't it? As I recall, it didn't have a great impact then, as I was daykilled early in the game. In a game with only one or a few vote-related powers, the impact would be greater, rather than in a game like this one. Here, I can't really say; I think it would still have a strong potential impact, but would be offset by other's powers.

I think it would be clearer if the regular votecounts listed the actual number of votes against each target, rather than just the list of people voting them. As it is, piecing information together is going to be hard.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 03:17:49 pm »

Book:  There's a power that does something similar- either once or once per day, the holder of the power can get a true vote count, not just who is voting who.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »

Jim: Don't you think double or triple voters will be a better Target for NKs?  Is the risk of ties or the like enough to outweigh the danger of their claiming?

Toaster: I didn't read your questions.  This early on I skim, looking for questions directed to me.

Unvote
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 04:28:22 pm »

Urist- Scum would be quit fun, as I would like to see all the different roles for them. I assume they're interesting.

Book- No idea, I don't know either one of them, how good/experienced they are, or their strategies in their normal play.

League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »

Quote from: Toaster
Divide:  Have you played elsewhere?

Yes, once on another forum (that was clue mafia, though), and many many times on a starcraft 2 map rendition. Never played vote mafia though.

Tolyk/Divide: You both said that you would be the one to perform the kill because of your lack of experience. Is that really the only reason? Knowing that the other said the same thing and you're both on the same hypothetical team, how would you two decide who actually does it?

Rock/paper/scissors/lizard/spock.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »

Penngo:
Book- No idea, I don't know either one of them, how good/experienced they are, or their strategies in their normal play.
That is entirely unhelpful and noncommittal. I asked you for speculation on how you'd handle it, not for excuses for why you wouldn't. If your strategy would be to pass the buck, at least own up to it.

Since you did badly with that question, I'll ask you another: if you were scum, which vote power would you like to have & why? And who would you choose as target for a nightkill on N1?

Pranz: Participate more. Please also answer the questions I ask Penngo above.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »

Nice, real slick.  Obligatory "I'm not scum, I don't have buddies to brief me" reply.

What did you hope to accomplish from this, really?
A reason for posting late.

Toaster: I didn't read your questions.  This early on I skim, looking for questions directed to me.
So sortof sit there, responding to things when directly prodded, throwing out questions here and there to give an illusion of activity?  Also, why unvote when you could be using your vote to do... well, anything?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Report
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail,
TolyK -
Bookthras -
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 -
Caz -
Shakerag -
Pranz - Dariush,
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Bookthras, _DivideByZero_, penngo009, Caz, Urist_McArathos,
Shakerag, Pranz,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »

MOD, scum count?
>0.

Oh, alright. >1.

You're the best, WUBA.

Jim: Don't you think double or triple voters will be a better Target for NKs?  Is the risk of ties or the like enough to outweigh the danger of their claiming?

Double and Triple Voters are some of the more mundane roles in Vote Mafias.

What about an Infinity Voter? The scum would want to get rid of that before lylo. What about a vote stealer? That could make a 2 town 2 scum endgame situation winnable for the town, so the scum would want to get rid of that. What about a role that gives people votes? That could make the same thing happen.

The game is full of roles like this. Is it critical to make sure every role survives to lylo when every role could play a potentially important role in lylo? I don't think so.

Whether I would fakeclaim as scum would depend heavily on circumstances, what my actual role was, and whether I thought it would be a) necessary and b) possible to get away with.

Would your answer be different if there were no alignment restrictions for any roles?

Yes, once on another forum (that was clue mafia, though), and many many times on a starcraft 2 map rendition. Never played vote mafia though.

And how useful do you reckon that StarCraft 2 map is for forum mafia?

Shakerag, if the vote is tied, multiple players get lynched. Knowing this, do you go for multiple lynches or try to make sure it's done one at a time?

Dariush, if you could grant a vote to a player, whom would you grant it to?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:35 pm »

Penngo:
That is entirely unhelpful and noncommittal. I asked you for speculation on how you'd handle it, not for excuses for why you wouldn't. If your strategy would be to pass the buck, at least own up to it.

Since you did badly with that question, I'll ask you another: if you were scum, which vote power would you like to have & why? And who would you choose as target for a nightkill on N1?
To the first part I stand to my statement. I can't judge anything about the player when I haven't even played a single game with them, I think that's a fair statement, don't you? I wouldn't call that necessarily "passing the buck".....

Vote power? No idea how many there are, not to mention I couldn't think of any cool ones immediately, there would seem to be sooo many cool roles that could exist. Though I'm sure webadict thought of some pretty cool ones.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

And how useful do you reckon that StarCraft 2 map is for forum mafia?

Not at all. Much lower average IQ per player. Regardless, I am familiar with a lot of different roles.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 01:57:47 am »

I think I missed this?
TolyK: As scum, what (potentially realistic) vote power would you not want town to have?
If I were scum... inspects. Or maybe roleblocking.

No time for a bigger post now, gotta get my brother somehwere.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 08:23:45 am »

I think I missed this?
TolyK: As scum, what (potentially realistic) vote power would you not want town to have?
If I were scum... inspects. Or maybe roleblocking.

Those aren't vote powers...?  ???

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 11:42:19 am »

I don't know exactly, then.
Because my power goes onto the person I vote.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12