Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45232 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2012, 08:09:53 am »

You know, the other game you accused of me panicking already, you were scum, so I could careless about that statement.
Objection! In every town game I use English to make my posts, thus I am town. In other words, you failed the pressure check and clumsily evaded my question.

Why shouldn't Penngo be voting for the person he finds most suspicious?
Would you prefer he vote for someone who he thinks is town?
Everybody is probable scum. As I said, mostly I don't like the tone of his post that practically says 'Hey look at me, I so don't care a fuck about Andrew's accusation!'

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 02:09:24 am »

zombie urist:
Penngo009 You're being very protective of Andrew. Why?
Andrew is either noobtown or just did the worst bus ever. And your response makes you two look more like scum than town.
Because people make horrible mistakes, obviously. That wasn't even being very protective "We shouldn't just auto vote Andrew" isn't very significant, I'm saying we need to avoid being idiots.
Yes it was very protective and also very significant. We all know that people make mistakes and some of these mistakes reveal scum.

That is just ridiculous......Andrew425 we need evidence, because I obviously see none. He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
OMGUS/Bandwagon. At the same time. Impressive.
Would you like to spell out your reasoning here? You're voting penngo because he's protective of Andrew... and because he's OMGUS-jumping on Andrew's wagon. So, in your view, is Andrew scum? Because if he isn't, why would Scum!penngo protect him? And if he is, why would Scum!penngo OMGUS him and jump on his wagon?

I mean, I like the bad guys doing stupid things as much as the next man, but I can't come up with any story about penngo's and Andrew's interaction in which they're both scum without supposing such stupidity as to stretch credulity. And if only one is scum, then it's almost got to be Andrew.

Phantom:
Got a more certain idea of when you can be back to make your second post in this game than "sometime next week"?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »

zombie urist:
Would you like to spell out your reasoning here? You're voting penngo because he's protective of Andrew... and because he's OMGUS-jumping on Andrew's wagon. So, in your view, is Andrew scum? Because if he isn't, why would Scum!penngo protect him? And if he is, why would Scum!penngo OMGUS him and jump on his wagon?
I mean, I like the bad guys doing stupid things as much as the next man, but I can't come up with any story about penngo's and Andrew's interaction in which they're both scum without supposing such stupidity as to stretch credulity. And if only one is scum, then it's almost got to be Andrew.
I think that Penngo being scum and Andrew being town is more probable. First of all, Andrew claimed town and if Penngo was scum, he would know that Andrew's claim was accurate. I think Penngo would initially protect him since town don't want to kill town and Penngo wants to act like town.
Penngo is now voting Andrew because Andrew did call him scum in his first post and is increasingly pressuring him. I think he's going for the easy lynch.

What's your reasoning on Andrew being scum?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 02:47:51 pm »

I don't think Andrew is scum. I think they're two incompetent townies trying (and failing) to scumhunt, and latching on to each other because everybody else is out of their league. But if one of them is scum I think it's Andrew, because he's being evasive and he quote-mines. Though the evasiveness may be an impression I get because he's only semi-active, which he is both as town and scum as far as I can tell from the other games I've seen him in.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:04 pm »

Well then who do you think is scum? And what do you mean by 'quote-mines'?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 03:07:53 pm »

I don't know yet. You, Native, Jim and Bottle are all sniping at the two easy targets, the two noobs are being noobish and Dariush and Phantom are lurking. If Dariush keeps lurking, my money would be on him, because he should know better.

We may end up having to lynch penngo or Andrew because they provide such a target-rich environment for the scum to fake scumhunting in. But my gut says they'll flip town, and Mr. Bayes agrees with my gut.

Quote-mining is what he does here. Quote-mining is scummy because it implies that you either didn't read the thread carefully (which is symptomatic of lazy faux-hunting, and therefore scummy), or that you did and felt the need to lie by omission (which is obviously scummy).

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »

zombie urist:
I think that Penngo being scum and Andrew being town is more probable. First of all, Andrew claimed town and if Penngo was scum, he would know that Andrew's claim was accurate. I think Penngo would initially protect him since town don't want to kill town and Penngo wants to act like town.
Penngo is now voting Andrew because Andrew did call him scum in his first post and is increasingly pressuring him. I think he's going for the easy lynch.
If I was scum, I would've ignored that post. You idiot, I didn't vote him AFTER THAT POST. I voted him after this one-
Wow Penngo009, I was going out on a limb but you've given me something to hang on to.

Andrew, it's too early to be uncorking that particular bottle.
Why'd you claim town in your first post?

I guess if you interpret innocent dancer as town then yes. I was just trying to put in a bit of flavour.

Andrew425:Why did you come out immediately saying that you were townie and then accuse penngo of being scum before anyone had even posted?
For now I'm putting the first part down as attempted humor, but still...

I like to mix my RVS with direct accusations. People react differently then normal RVS bull!@#$

Penngo: No questions to ask? ("The f*ck" not being counted)
I'm not the greatest at that. I like to pay attention to questions, though. I will ask them if I think I need to. I don't like asking random crap to be honest. I really don't think random comments/votes are very necessary though, and can pose many risks on hammer scenarios. ex......
penngo009: Who is your scum partner?
I really also think people shouldn't auto vote Andrew, though.

Why are you making up quotes for me?

That seems scummy. Why don't you answer the question? Who is your scum partner?

penngo009

Andrew: Why do you assume Penngo is scum?

I didn't until now.

Urist McUselessNoble How do you like to start RVS off?

That post was filled with complete bull. He said his reason was basically "I vote you because, you made a single quoting mistake. He said he was simply "going out on a limb" wtf? Does that not look like complete crap to you? It's basically no evidence at all.

You know, the other game you accused of me panicking already, you were scum, so I could careless about that statement.
Objection! In every town game I use English to make my posts, thus I am town. In other words, you failed the pressure check and clumsily evaded my question.
You know, fine I will answer the original question-
My hands itch to vote Andrew, but my gut tells me that he's simply an extremely idiotic town.

He is probable scum trying to divert this onto me so I get lynched. Wow, nice one.(laughs)
Uh, what's up with that forcibly relaxed tone? Panicking already? Also, probable scum? Why are you voting for probable scum, penngo?
I try my best to not get out of hand, that's all. Also it's quit hard to realize whether a person is out of hand, or relaxed on a forum. Even if you do make a conclusion, it's often not very accurate whatsoever. So, if you're proof is that, get something actually substantial. I should vote for who I think is scum, though. I mean, of course nobody has anything that they can state that auto makes a person 100% scum, because after all, that's not how it works. It may look very suspicious, but they could end up flipping town. That is why mistakes by townies often result in everything falling apart, and the scum winning the game because of it.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »

If I was scum, I would've ignored that post.
Wine.

You idiot,
What thoughtful analysis.

If you're scumhunting, you should steer clear of the insults, or at least get a little more creative with them. People will get just as pissed off about being called four-letter words whether they're scum or town, so that gives you no information on their alignment.

Huge post quoted in extenso.
There is a handy link syntax in BBcode:
Code: [Select]
[url=www.linkurlgoeshere.net]Text[/url]Use it.

He said he was simply "going out on a limb" wtf? Does that not look like complete crap to you? It's basically no evidence at all.
No, that's called "bluffing," and is a perfectly legitimate scumhunting gambit.

If you're town and you're scumhunting, you're doing it wrong. You need to get better, real snappy like. Because otherwise you're gonna hang. And frankly, the improvement in the signal to noise ratio might be worth it even if you flip town.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:47 pm »

Since your post is too obnoxious to break apart for quoting I will do it this way.

-Wtf?

-You don't quote crap without using the whole statement, otherwise it just isn't reliable(imo).

-Did I not mention I have more experience then you? How 'bout this- You leave me to my strategy, and I will leave you to yours. Also, that part were you say-"Oh even if he flips town it's worth it." The ****? Are you saying you know who is town Urist McuselessNoble? That is the impression I got from that. Now, lets dive into this a little bit more. Most people under normal circumstances don't say crap like this. Why did he possible say this?  Because if I die and I flip town HE GETS A JAIL OUT OF FREE CARD. He can make this excuse, and people may even buy it. He also will probable say "Oh, it was for the town in the end, he'll just distract us!", oh wait a minute, wouldn't that be something a scum would say? Now you're just freaking me out? Telling me how I should play, random irrelevant comments(He says for me to actually scumhunt. When he should try to get something done, too.), saying bluffing is a good strategy, which is too risky to be a good one.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »

Penngo: Stop insulting people. It's not helping your case at all. Also if you think people should quote the entire thing then why didn't you do it here or here? Instead of explaining why Andrew's wrong, start by showing why you're correct.
McUselessNoble meant that you can link to a quote, like I did above.
-Did I not mention I have more experience then you? How 'bout this- You leave me to my strategy, and I will leave you to yours. Also, that part were you say-"Oh even if he flips town it's worth it." The ****? Are you saying you know who is town Urist McuselessNoble? That is the impression I got from that. Now, lets dive into this a little bit more. Most people under normal circumstances don't say crap like this. Why did he possible say this?  Because if I die and I flip town HE GETS A JAIL OUT OF FREE CARD. He can make this excuse, and people may even buy it. He also will probable say "Oh, it was for the town in the end, he'll just distract us!", oh wait a minute, wouldn't that be something a scum would say? Now you're just freaking me out? Telling me how I should play, random irrelevant comments(He says for me to actually scumhunt. When he should try to get something done, too.), saying bluffing is a good strategy, which is too risky to be a good one.
This is very WIFOMy and speculative.

McUselessNoble: What does Bayes' rule have to do with this? And why do you say Dariush is lurking even though he has posted about the same amount as most other players?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2012, 07:08:43 pm »

Few things wrong with this post. First of all, "more experience" does not always translate into "better player", especially when the experience you're talking about is only a few games. I don't even know why you thought to bring that up, do you have some crazy idea that more experienced players are immune to those less-experience? If that were the case, I'd have a whopping two people to worry about.

Next, you basically tell him to leave you alone and not criticize your hunting. Do I even need to say anything here?

As for the "even if he flips town" bit, I don't read that as scummy, and I think the only reason you do is because you're his target. It's not an unspeakable plan to lynch someone who might just be a bad townie because they're disrupting scumhunting, especially on D1 where we're likely to mislynch anyway. Some people you just don't want around at LYLO if they're playing poorly.

Do you really think he would get out for free if you flipped town?

Would it help if someone else told you what to do? Scumhunt or hang.

Bluffing can certainly be a good strategy. If you do it well, the person you're bluffing might actually slip and give you something to work with. I wouldn't expect it from Andrew, though.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2012, 08:13:53 pm »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner:
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble:
Orangebottle:
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, penngo009
Dariush:
penngo009: zombie urist, Andrew425
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting:  Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library, Urist McUselessNoble, Dariush

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 01:24:09 am »

Mod: Please confirm votecount. Dariush voted penngo in his first post, and hasn't removed it.

penngo:
Since your post is too obnoxious to break apart for quoting I will do it this way.
Weak. Insults should be imaginative to provide some entertainment value. And they still do not help you build your case.

-Wtf?
Which part of my post did you find it difficult to parse?

-You don't quote crap without using the whole statement, otherwise it just isn't reliable(imo).
The whole statement, certainly. But not necessarily the whole post, particularly when you can inline hyperlink to the original context. If you do quote the original in extenso, be sure to add some bold, underline or similar emphasis to indicate which parts you take exception to.

Because otherwise it looks like you just take a big post, object to it in general terms and leave it to the reader to construct an actual argument.

Which is scummy.

Very informative.

-Did I not mention I have more experience then you?
Did I mention that you're not acting like it?

How 'bout this- You leave me to my strategy, and I will leave you to yours.
Yeah, I'll do that just as soon as your strategy stops dropping so many scumtells.

Also, that part were you say-"Oh even if he flips town it's worth it." The ****? Are you saying you know who is town Urist McuselessNoble?
No. That is a conditional statement.

Most people under normal circumstances don't say crap like this. Why did he possible say this?  Because if I die and I flip town HE GETS A JAIL OUT OF FREE CARD. He can make this excuse, and people may even buy it.
Because I would clearly need such a card more than, oh I don't know, the people who are actually on your wagon?

I want to lynch scum today, and I still think you're just noobtown. But that doesn't mean I can't point out all the scummy shit you're doing.

zombie urist:
McUselessNoble: What does Bayes' rule have to do with this?
Bayes' rule implies (among other things) that in order to alter your inference of the probability that someone is scum, you have to find a test that gives you as wide as possible a behavioural spread between town!player and scum!player. In extremis, if people react exactly the same way to your question as town or scum, you learn nothing. penngo and Andrew reliably crack under pressure both when they play town and when they play scum, so "cracking under pressure" is not a reliable indicator, as it is prone to false positives.

Of course, you can policylynch people who crack under pressure, the same way you can policylynch lurkers, because you don't want them around at LyLo. But that's not a policy I'm quite prepared to subscribe to just yet.

And why do you say Dariush is lurking even though he has posted about the same amount as most other players?
Because the LurkerTracker says he hasn't. It sees only two posts by him in this thread, making him only barely more active than Phantom.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:31 am »

McNoble:
Dariush keeps lurking, my money would be on him, because he should know better.
Uh, between this post and mine last one there's been whopping five others. Or are you going to call out for lurking everyone who hasn't posted since even earlier?

We may end up having to lynch penngo or Andrew because they provide such a target-rich environment for the scum to fake scumhunting in. But my gut says they'll flip town, and Mr. Bayes agrees with my gut.
That's utter bullshit. If you don't want them to hang, scumhunt and find someone more scummy instead of sitting on the sidelines and philosophizing.

Do you have, like, any suspicions? You spend 95% of your time here arguing with Penngo over trifles but at the same time think that he's town. What's your read on Jim, Native and OB?

Penngo:
If I was scum, I would've ignored that post.
Such a nice big piece of fresh, steaming WIFOM.

Did I not mention I have more experience then you?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*inhale*HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, seriously, that's the funniest thing I've seen in a while. You've been in what, one and a half games so far?

Also, I didn't really care about your answer to my original question - I was gauging your reaction. Not only did you fail the test, but answering that question after I explained that shows that you are indeed panicking and just want me to get the hell off your back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17