Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253682 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

...I feel ashamed to say that I fell asleep twenty minutes into Serenity...
...shoot. I'm not even sure how you managed that.

It was two in the morning and I had been playing Magic: the Gathering all day. Ah, Gamescamp 2012...

And, a more convincing option for the portals is that coordinate systems involve gravitational fields, which would make portal coordinates constant enough that computers could calculate the rotation of the planets from there. Unless the Death Star comes along and blasts your planet into an asteroid field, I suppose.

I suppose that would not only make a slight bit more sense, but it would probably be more efficient, considering that grav fields are only three-dimensional whereas spatiotemporal relations are fourth-dimensional by nature.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Oh don't worry Talvi, I thought Fringe was too stupid to watch before I read that. And yea, Warehouse 13's best quality was pulling it all out of their ass and such. I dunno, still cool. And Eureka was kinda goofy. That still doesn't mean I don't want to see what happened.

Also, space cowboys? How does that send all the other stories to the bottom shelf graveyard?

Also, to Talvi's brother: MST3K Mantra go! I mean we could try and explain the physics of the portals, but that's just a large complicated task that is so much easier to hand wave away or just not bring up at all.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

It was two in the morning and I had been playing Magic: the Gathering all day. Ah, Gamescamp 2012...
Ahhhh, Magic, the Gathering. They have a creature called the Spearbreaker Behemoth that annoys me to no end when I'm trying to google Spearbreakers stuff. :P

Oh don't worry Talvi, I thought Fringe was too stupid to watch before I read that. And yea, Warehouse 13's best quality was pulling it all out of their ass and such. I dunno, still cool. And Eureka was kinda goofy. That still doesn't mean I don't want to see what happened.
Seems we have the same tastes. My main issue with Eureka is that I arrived too late and missed most of it. oh well.

Also, space cowboys? How does that send all the other stories to the bottom shelf graveyard?
I think it's clear you haven't watched it either. :P Trust me, it's definitely worth a watch. Regardless of the setting, the plots, character development, lines, atmosphere, acting, everything is top-notch. I don't like westerns myself, actually - can't stand them - so it's pretty far removed from westerns - or at least the typical ones, anyway.

Also, this is one of the few things you'll see me go fanboy over.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:01:03 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

HA! You have that problem too?

Yea, so did I... I went back to watch two whole seasons on DVD though, and they were pretty good too. Mind you, this show is supposed to be more comedy than serious. Sometimes more comedy than Sci-fi. In fact, it's a concept that's rather over used. Still, they pull it off.

You misunderstand. It's not the cowboys that bother me, I actually rather like good westerns. It's that it's SPACE cowboys. I hate how people make a space version of all the normal things. Like Space Cheese, the Space King, and the Space Police. Also it has Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" as a fan, so that is a strong negative as the nerd culture referenced in that show is usually the "stupid" side of nerd-dom. However, since I have an actual person recommending it, I'm moving back to a "neutral" position on the show. And unlike before, when I was indifferent, now I'm curious. I dunno.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I didn't have DVDs to watch it on, unfortunately. :\ I watched Firefly online somewhere. Eureka I only got to watch what I saw - and yeah, the comedy was pretty good in some places, I'll admit. I think it was the goofiness that put me off.

Space cowboys, yes, but, it makes sense in context.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More on topic, I'm waiting for Reudh to reply to a PM before I continuing writing, but I'll post one of the stockpiled chapters in a bit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:25:08 am by Talvieno »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mm. Well, even despite the goofiness, the sci-fi was pretty solid. It'd at least score a seven on a scale where Fringe is two and a college science thesis is a 10. There was some crap that they just asspulled though, so it varies from episode to episode.

Mm... You're right, it does. It even sounds like something I would watch.

Also, I'm not really part of the Spearbreaker's canon, or I'd post stories too.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

*ahem* This is a helmet.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

*ahem* This is a helmet.

Yep. That's ok, one of his companions has a legendary sword called "Oblivious".

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GOBLIN COMIC! Love that thing... I need to finish reading it - I think I stopped around when he said he was worried about losing his house, I thought that meant it was over. And I think as Mr Frog demonstrated yesterday, it doesn't really matter, we're just mainly in this to have fun. (Except for me, apparently it's fallen to me to finish the Spearbreakers story. I'm not entirely sure how that happened.)

And, Captain, I don't think anybody would mind if you posted anything, particularly not if it was of good quality. :P

And now, the next chapter. Vanya even gets introduced to green tea. (thanks, Mr Frog :P )
Vanya's Journals, Entry 60: A Temporary Home
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I think the guy has stopped for a while, and who finished a firefly discussion without me? I am a tad saddened by that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Also, I'm not really part of the Spearbreaker's canon, or I'd post stories too.

Eh, as long as you're prepared to not completely suck, go right the hell ahead.

E: @Aseaheru: You may want to fix your sig; it says "SpearBeakers" :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

beakers...

Thanks for catching that. Hang on.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Sorry if I slipped tenses any, it's one of my weaknesses as a writer.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

That looks like the start of a very interesting story, McClellan...
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 815