Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253684 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

@Lolfail:

If you aren't completely 100% fluent in Japanese, please for the love of all that is good and pure write it in English. Don't embarass yourself. Speaking as a former weeaboo, there will come a time in your life when you will look back on every word of broken Japanese you've uttered and quietly wish to retroactively slap yourself.

I'm not 100% completely fluent in the language, not even close... But my brother is a decent 87+%, I could try and get him to translate it...

I'll write them in English and see how they turn out. (Although do keep in mind I have literally no experience in the vocal arts)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:44:55 am by Lolfail0009 »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I've gone through and written a bunch of English lyrics, and screensharing with my brother (with his grammar textbook and bilingual dictionary) resulted in a translated version.

Spoiler: English (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Japanese (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if it's humanly possible to sing Japanese that fast although that won't stop me from trying

He also sent me this: "Spearbreakers: ブラックフォートレス" which Google translates into "Spearbreakers: Burakku Foutoresu" or "Spearbreakers: Black Fortress". Maybe I'll make a title/logo/thing or something out of it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't object though.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Hahahahahaha. And one day... Japan will get our poorly dubbed anime! Then they will know... how it feels to deal with crappy fan subs, blind idiot translations, chronic waits, all the favourite characters dying ridiculous deaths, and an unintelligible plot that reeks of foreign. Muahahahah! MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! ( Seriously, we should use Google Translate just for the lols. Then later we can reverse translate the translation for even more lols. )

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then they will know... how it feels to deal with crappy fan subs, blind idiot translations, chronic waits, all the favourite characters dying ridiculous deaths, and an unintelligible plot that reeks of foreign.

I'm waiting for an American sci-fi and I STILL deal with all that stuff. If it ever were to get dubbed and shipped to Japan, I don't know what would become of it...

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

XD American Sci-fi! You mean those shows that appear and disappear and hide in other dimensions? Yea... I still don't know how Eureka ended, and what happened to Warehouse 13? Why'd they cancel Alphas? Why'd they cancel heroes? And then there's Firefly, but to be fair it didn't look that great. Oddly enough Farscape is still around for some reason. Anyway, it's not exactly Sci-fi, but have you guys heard of the show "Resurrection"? Let me ask, what with the sudden resurgent obsession with rising from the dead, eh?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I was referring to the longest running science fiction series in the United States...

Red vs Blue!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I thought the Twilight Zone was the longest running series. Explain Red vs Blue?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By "Explain RvB", do you mean explain the basic plot or explain how it's the longest running?

If it's the latter, Season 1 was first aired on April 1st, 2003, and Season 12 was announced eleven years later, April 1st this year 0:)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

The plot please.

Oh. "Impressive" A 12 Season show. * le eye roll *

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Ah! I take back my former snide comment, a 12 season web-show is something quite impressive indeed! Also, it looks pretty good. Perhaps I'll start reading.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

And then there's Firefly, but to be fair it didn't look that great.
Tell me you didn't just say that. TELL ME you didn't just say that. >.>

Firefly is my all-time favorite series. Seriously, watch the movie, Serenity. It's a continuation of the plot. The whole movie is packed with killer awesome lines, awesome scenes, and a plot that sends all those other sci-fi shows you mentioned to the bottom shelf.

Eureka was a little too goofy for me, and Warehouse 13 I actually kind of liked... besides the fact that absolutely everything in it was a glorified asspull. Fringe I actually absolutely hated - their intended target audience apparently had an IQ of 2, and they leave SO MUCH unexplained.
/endrant

Seriously, though, watch Firefly if you can. There's only 14 episodes, sadly, so it's not like it'll be a huge time sink. Watch Serenity first if you need to get hooked, otherwise, start on the two-hour "pilot episode" they apparently didn't air. And don't dis it until you see it. :P Then you can dis it all you want, if you still hate it.

Also, Lolfail - very awesome. lol   My brother is learning Japanese, actually - and pointed out that Mr Frog called Talvi "kowai" in the first part, which apparently means "scary", and I misunderstood. lol

My youngest brother also pointed out that our portals make no sense... and that they would make sense only if all planetary bodies remained entirely motionless. We'd have to constantly calculate new coords just to get from Parasol to Everoc and back.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:22:59 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I feel ashamed to say that I fell asleep twenty minutes into Serenity...

And as for the whole portal thing, I was going to try and explain the basic concept of it all in my next Interlude chapter, by likening the basic concept of portals to the basic concept of the Entropy Tunnel. It's all trajectory-based mathematics with a few bends around spacetime and bam, you've got yourself a permanent portal.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

...I feel ashamed to say that I fell asleep twenty minutes into Serenity...
...shoot. I'm not even sure how you managed that.

And, a more convincing option for the portals is that coordinate systems involve gravitational fields, which would make portal coordinates constant enough that computers could calculate the rotation of the planets from there. Unless the Death Star comes along and blasts your planet into an asteroid field, I suppose.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 815