Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253964 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9405 on: October 28, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »

I have absolutely no idea.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9406 on: October 28, 2013, 09:25:53 pm »

Pretty sure one can define the volume of a type of ammo in the raws. The mass of a specific piece of ammo is then calculated by multiplying the ammo's volume by the density of the material it's produced from.

E: Also, @TalonisWolf: Broken link alert on your avatar. PM me if you need help with that stuff.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:23:09 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: October 28, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

How's about let's not make writing-related promises we might not be able to keep, hm?

HISSSSSSSSSSSS

Nah, I can do it this time :D

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: October 30, 2013, 12:28:58 pm »

Kind of off topic, but tomorrow is the start of National novel writing month. Participants challenge themselves to write 50000 words in one months (~1600 word/day). I'm going to try, but i doubt i'll reach it.

Edit: by tomorrow i meant friday ;-_-
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:58:22 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: October 30, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »

I was reading the doc, and there's a missing story part. The third entry Hanslada made in Mitch's year where they fight the vampires. Talvieno, you might want to fix that. Also are you still working on the rest of the doc?
What do you think? Yes? No?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:34 am »

Nailed it!

Final piece to the LFTON saga. Some is told from the view of other characters, so the subheadings just denote that.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: October 31, 2013, 10:25:21 am »

hey guys in the sequel of this, can i be dorfed as well?

Dwarf:chaosmaker
Reason for comming:due to time space continum being constantly messwed with as well as pyshics screaming out in terror and in a fetal position, a "rip" in reality has happened, due to spearbreakers being the centeral location of this, the surviving dwarves (if any) have unknowingly allowed a "visitor" from the void to come into the realm, and due to the breakdown of reality, the void-wraith finds he has a easy time body snatching any dwarf he can catch. but due to certain...conditions, he seems to cant take over any "dwarves" with a destiny by armok...mostly protected by his will. mostly for his entertainment. (essentally if he chaos dies he takes over another dwarf. an unnamed dwarf)
And the fact hes here for the LOLZ....essentailly he'll do his best to screw every corperation and plan for the fort and its deziens over...essentially beign a thorn in Mr Frogs side he cant get rid of. (if you want his essential them song go to youtube and type in When your evil by Volitair)
Dwarf occupation:metal worker, hes basicly the weapon/armour forger(metalsmith) of the fort. any dwarf he takes over goes to this occupation.
Looks:his arms are burnt black due to an old accident/possession in his original universe, his hide is also ashy grey due to working near a smelter/forge most of his damned life. his beard is short and black, and when hes not near his forge, it seems to "move" via tendrils of blackness. his eyes are red and his hair is also blackend. His blood is nearly lava-like in quality but rapidly cools to normal blood tempertures when it leaves his "vessel". making him almost immune to most injections. (he can be knocked out...but he sees the gases as amusement...because he can simply take over another dwarf and continue on his duties)

considering hes a void-wraith ederichi-abomination from the void due to all the corperations screwing each other over and messing with the fabric of reality, hes now able to run around and cause chaos for every corperation!

hope in  dorfed in the sequel guys! ive read up to 230 now...
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: October 31, 2013, 02:39:26 pm »

@ChaosMaker:

-_-;

I'm going to be really brutish here, because your character has successfully rubbed me the wrong way in pretty much every way imaginable. (Specifically giving him a narrative connection to my character was a very bad move, in particular.)

SO. Basically, your character is an unkillable eldritch horror from nowhere (how convenient!) who gets to screw around with absolutely anybody as he pleases with utter impunity (and is immune to poisons!). This is the definition of god-mode, hax, whatever you want to call it. How, exactly, is this guy supposed to be fun for other people to RP with?

Oh, and let's throw in speshul visual flairs like eerie red eyes and shadowy tendrils. Those totally work in a text-based medium, and aren't annoyingly attention-whorey at all. Type, spell and punctuate it all really shoddily, too, so as to dismiss even the slightest possibility that you will write it well enough to make it not annoying.

Lolfail, remember when I ripped you for making your character too speshul? I apologise. This thing is far worse.

tl;dr: This is not some kind of contest to see who can make the most ridiculously-overpowered character, for God's sake. There is no 'winner' in Spearbreakers, but there are losers, and they are the people who make hax characters that are poorly-written and annoying for others to work with.

To be fair, it would still be possible to write this thing well, but you'd be walking a very fine line, and if I may be blunt, you aren't demonstrating that level of writing ability. You want in on this madhouse? Wonderful! But I'd advise that you play it safe, and go with a less-flamboyant character.

@Lolfail:

I may or may not try to critique your writing later, as I skimmed through it and something about it managed to catch my attention. Brace thyself! :3
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: October 31, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

Dont worry, Herr Frog is not always this... Limbremovally.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: October 31, 2013, 03:32:11 pm »

Normally I try to look for the best in something, but I have to side with Mr Frog on this one. Near irredeemable and it'd take a hell of a lot of work to save it as is. Took some doing for Rose to get a pass, due to the living shadow she had being able to stop most mortal threats to her either by direct means or at least handicapping attackers, but it couldn't save her from the spawn splitting her skull open like a tissue box.

So refine it as per Mr Frog's aid. Or deranged shouting, whichever you wanna call it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: October 31, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »

Justified Ire? Cuz it sounds like the dwarf may have been a troll.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: October 31, 2013, 05:30:34 pm »

Justified Ire? Cuz it sounds like the dwarf may have been a troll.

The thought crossed my mind, but my intuition says it was more-or-less sincere. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and that this was a deliberate attempt to call down the fabled Wrath of Frog (in which case it was highly-successful and I commend you, good sir).

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: October 31, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »

@Chaos
Whilst he sounds like a most certainly INTERESTING character, he doesn't seem... appropriate for Spearbreakers.

@Lord Froggenheim
Critique away.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: October 31, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

I Just want to say, the concept of a guy yelling "double sushi" to cause harm to others is hilarious (I know that isn't what he said.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: October 31, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »

I Just want to say, the concept of a guy yelling "double sushi" to cause harm to others is hilarious (I know that isn't what he said.)

Isn't it what he said?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nah, it isn't :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:23:33 pm by Lolfail0009 »
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 815