Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2254003 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #9135 on: September 27, 2013, 09:26:02 pm »

The poor wiki still has so much work to be done on it... Anyway, the save you want is Tomio's unless you'd rather wait for this final turn.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: September 28, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »

question! was I dorfed yet? if yes, can I please be assigned to a squad and sent to fight the humans when they visit once again? It would be great if I was a sworddwarf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: September 28, 2013, 05:59:59 pm »

I'll have to check. We already have enough troops to deal with a big attack (at least I hope we do) but I'll see what I can do.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: September 28, 2013, 06:09:41 pm »

It would be great if I was a sworddwarf.

Always room for one more in the Bladeguard!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: September 28, 2013, 06:38:51 pm »

Especially if one of the others ends up sort of dead next time an attack rolls around.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: September 28, 2013, 06:48:22 pm »

'Sort of' dead?

What has happened THIS time?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »

Nothing yet. The Bladeguard is currently full is what I'm saying.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: September 28, 2013, 08:08:19 pm »

Oh. You scared me for a second there '^^

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: September 29, 2013, 01:26:09 am »

20th Malachite, 211

Two dogs got mauled by a jabberer. Longland found both corpses and the giant bird in the process of eating one of them. It followed him into the fortress and Kreia dealt with it rather efficiently going by the reports. She took out one of the legs and crunched its head in once it hit the ground face first.

21st Malachite, 211

Someone pointed out a tribe of troglodytes across one of the cave lakes. Sent some dwarves to set up a path to them and informed Sergeant Lefton I want his dwarves ready for a quick extermination mission. I figure the ones who haven't seen actual battle need some practice, and he didn't seem to mind. Shouldn't be much of a challenge.

-

It didn't last very long, and according to reports the poor things only lasted a combined minute and a half or so.

22nd malachite, 211

Wari was acting funny earlier, speaking in some kind of combination of what the blackwhites call Vamari (or a broken form of it according to them,) and dwarven. She took over a mason's shop and is gathering materials now.

25th Malachite, 211

Reports of a forgotten beast scared the crap out of me this morning whne I realized that it was just panicing workers who spotted the aphid outside the iron palace and mistook it for a shadow devil because of the eyes. Stupid thing still can't get to us, but I understand the fear. We're just lucky the shadow devils are complete morons even by our standards and haven't noticed the other adamantine veins are open too.

Also, Wari spent the last two days working on some fancy lookin' bed.

1st Galena, 211

Dauros is heading for the caverns to deal with that beaver-shaped abomination. He wants to take pout the aphid thing too, but I'm a little leery to do so.

2nd Galena, 211

We were finally able to fish Gemblade's corpse out of the pond he died in. It's... it's horrible it took this long to get him out... He didn't deserve to rot out there like that.

9th Galena, 211

Dauros has reported he'll need workers to clear the monster's line of sight to get it to responds to his challenges to face him. It keep scaring the shit out of everyone I've sent to clear trees, resulting in its sight of Dauros remaining blocked, so I sent miners to clear some rock and see if that works. Ozarch also named her pike.

It translates to The Influence of Weeping in Standard, a fitting name considering what drove so many to willingly join the military. A further inspection showed numerous  marks etched into the shaft. Dauros said that pike had been Awl's and he simply hadn't named it before his death. Speaking of Dauros, reports say the fight was pretty quick.

We're making preparations so he can deal with the aphid as well.

14th Galena, 211

The spawn have come for another round. Time to put these boys and girls to the test. I went to let the troops know but all I got was the ass end of some speech. "They've  come here to die; the spirit of the mountains are with us and we are invincible. Now put on a brave face, because our guests are waiting."

Spawn again. We aren't going to pull any punches with the siege or any others from now on. All or nothing. No retreat, no mercy.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:08 am »

*cracks knuckles*

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: September 29, 2013, 03:18:15 am »

Guys, the humans are here again. Taking all best on casualties.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:06 am »

Guys, the humans are here again. Taking all best on casualties.

One 'Marie' Steam card on the humans killing nobody but injuring three.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: September 29, 2013, 04:14:33 am »

CLosest to any injured was Tahujdt II. Bear bit him but Lefton killed the bear before it could do anything else.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: September 29, 2013, 09:02:35 am »

15th Galena, 211

The fight is done, but we lost Hopper in the chaos, as well as a dog and Sus' pet sheep. Between Hopper and the sheep, the poor fellow was pretty distraught about it.

[I missed the sheep.]

17th Galena, 211

The humans came for another shot, mercenaries this time so its our old friends under Gugiromon's employ. And when I got topside on the fist all I can say is...

...That is a lot of bear cavalry. Thankfully we cut off their entry to anywhere but through our soldiers.

18th Galena, 211

The fight is done. There were no casualties, but Tahudjt had a close call when a bear clamped down on his foot. Lefton put his sword through its head before it got the chance to tear it off. I'm also worried about Ranger. He reported coming down with a slight fever and that usually means spawn infection, or so I've been told. Did he get bit during the last attack by the spawn?

8th Limestone, 211

Things have been quiet for the most part. I've been assisting with the clean-up work so that hasn't left a whole lot of time to write in you journal... We had a few scares, namely two elkbirds and a cave ogre but they weren't much more than an inconvenience. Bu-

9th Limestone, 211

Ranger and Aussieevil must've been bitten during the previous attacks by the spawn... It's such a shame... Ranger was a good soldier and Aussieevil may have been a bit queer in the head with his blood fascination and all the random things he said about the stuff falling on our heads, but he was a good dwarf at heart. One of Talvieno's cavies died too, being the first thing Aussieevil could get his claws on. She was heartbroken when we told her this and I saw her put it in a little coffin and take it into her room. Sh probably has cubbyholes for all her pets in there.

On the plus side, some of the troops said they saw Tuber's spirit floating about topside where he/she died in the ambushes. Tuber can rest easy now at least.

Due to the recent deaths, I asked the first dwarves I saw if they'd be willing to replace Hopper or Ranger. Ncommander said no, but Ergo Fairlodge heard and said she'd be willing to replace either one so I sent her to the Morningstars. Dorsidorf volunteered to take Ranger's place.

18th Limestone, 211

The Hall of Heroes is filling rapidly. I went over the records of dwarves who've died on our grounds and many while they were interred in The Clover, went without a proper memorial stone. We took care of that over the last 9 days, but we needed to add some more halls into the overall portion of the fortress.

25th Limestone, 211

I fucking hate ravens. Not just because of the clean-up issues they're posing, but because one fuckin' shit on me today. And if anyone brings it up I'll get violent, because a bird shitting on your head isn't funny. It isn't exactly "saw my freinds and coworkers die" bad, but it's still unpleasant.

28th limestone, 211

Migrants arrived! Terrahex decided to inform me by scaring the complete and utter shit out of me at breakfast. How that dwarf manages to stay out of sight unless he wants you to see him astounds me. I need to find a pin or some glue to put the list in here.

-
LT Alfred Townstalked, Male, Weaponsmith

Starguarded Cloisterpines, Female, Stoneworker/Macedwarf

Asea Boatamazed, Male, Soapmaker/Novice soldier

Kou Minesieges, Female, Trader/Macedwarf

Grimmash Wheelsfather, Female, Fish Cleaner

Deon Glazedidols, Male, Trader

Moss Shakespaged, Female, Hunter

Morrow Orbstabbed, Male, Trader
-

Not really sure what use some of them will be but Moss should be able to deal with various animals if nothing else.

7th Sandstone, 211

The new dwarves are settling in nicely and helped accelerate the clean-up slightly. After all the deaths we had I'm amazed we got any dwarves to come here at all.

8th Sandstone, 211

Both Dauros and Skitara seem to have gotten a bit clingy to thier shields.

"Womenfights, The Brutal Decay" and "Decentburst." Kinda... Well I dunno what to make of those. And I'm not gonna make any remarks, because I'm pretty sure naming objects is a sign of a dwarf losing thier shit.

9th Sandtone, 211

Can we please get a fucking break!? I don't even know what the hell a ribbon worm is! Lefton was the first one done with his lunch so he got to go kill it. It can't get to us, but I don't want that.... Thing, sitting down there.

-

Or not. because that idiot though changing his clothes was more important than putting down a freak of nature. Dauros is heading down to kill it now. Fucking incompetent funny talking...

-

He's dealt with it, and grabbed one of the young ones to knock a hole in the iron palace. Apparently he's going to get rid of the aphid and any shadow devils he runs across along the way.

11th Sandstone, 211

Done and done. Two shadow devils and a freakish aphid. He had a close call but got it before it got a third salvo of webs out. in his report it snagged him twice but he got loose enough both times to dodge its kicks at him. [Blind fucking luck. Dauros should be dead.]

28th Sandstone, 211

Decided to start of the winter with a little commemorative execution. We pitched all our POWs off the Fist of Rage with Fischer's First waiting to finish off whoever didn't die on impact except for two goblins who we left to Sus alone. Killing them improved his mood considerably. [It really did. Killing them gave him hat little murder happy thought boost]

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: September 29, 2013, 09:39:44 am »

I chuckled at my dorfing, a female fish cleaner.  In my forts that would be immediate reassignment to hauling or the military.  Feel free to do either.  Could you post the description?  I want ot give a journal entry a try.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 815