Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261430 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 9 - TT S1, W6
« Reply #1200 on: October 16, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »

Naturan Demanto 0 - 2 Monk's Marauders

A reasonably bloody game, even though Grant Valdred was knocked out of it early. The humans compensated for his lack by fouling whenever the opportunity presented itself, getting a KO on the Star Vampire (he came back for the second half) and a Pinched Nerve that Ramtut III had to regenerate on the sideline (he came back for the last drive.) Mummies consistently hurt themselves on Both Down results, with a pair of random linemen getting SPP for the CAS, one of which stuck as the mummy failed to regenerate a smashed ankle. For their part, the undead slowed Balkoth the Ogre and niggled a lineman, as well as a MNG on... somebody or other. A blitzer maybe? I'll be down 3 going into next week's matchup with w00t w00t, anyway.

The game itself was the usual sort of thing; the humans stalled until an opportunity presented itself, then pulled some mildly elfy shenanigans to take the ball away and score at the end of the first half, and then scored again three turns into the second half. Both TDs went to Eko Cleanvise, the rookie Blitzer who is replacing the retired Knight Advar, and he'll continue to be a target going forward as he is clearly the weak Blitzer on the team. The Undead very nearly scored on the last play, but though the zombie threw a perfect pass, the ghoul couldn't handle the catch.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 9 - TT S1, W6
« Reply #1201 on: October 17, 2013, 08:37:44 am »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. Light of Judgment

The Lizards get a keg of Bloodweiser and a potion of AG for a skink which actually works. The elves win the coin toss and elect to receive.

L1: A catcher gets deep into Lizard territory with the ball and a fellow blocker.

U1: One elf is KOed, another stunned. Three more are knocked down. A skink gets beside the ball carrier.

L2: The catcher runs in the score.

U2: Kickoff goes into the hands of the AG4 Skink. Three elves stunned, one other knocked over.

L3: A lead blocking skink is knocked over.

U3: A saurus injures himself knocking over an elf.

L4: Despite lots of block dice being tossed around, skinks refuse to fall over.

U4: An elf is finally injured. The ball carrier comes around the end with two skink blockers. Another elf is knocked over.

L5: The ball carrier is blitzed down, sending the ball into the hands of another skink.

U5: The skink dodges around and runs in the score.

L6: Charm has to get a package.

U6: I take time while Charm gets the package, then end the turn so it'll be like there was a riot.

L7: A catcher runs forward the ball.

U7: Carnage ends early.

L8: The catcher runs in the touchdown.

U8: No real damage done.

Halftime Score: Light of Judgment 2 - 1 Unstoppable Immovables

U9: An elf gets stunned, and several other get knocked over. The skinks move forward with the kickoff.

L9: Two saurii get knocked down.

U10: The skinks keep moving the ball downfield.

L10: The ball carrier gets knocked by a blitzer who picks up the ball. A catcher goes downfield.

U11: Lizards begin to swarm around the blitzer with the ball.

L11: The blitzer gets away from traffic makes the pass, and the catcher runs in the score.

U12: One elf knocked out, two stunned.

L12: A blitz knocks down the ball carrier, then another elf falls over trying an aggressive dodge.

U13: The blitzer with the ball gets surrounded, but does not go down.

L13: The blitzer fails a pass.

U14: The pass is picked up by a skink, who hands it off to another, who amazingly manages to successfully grab it, and runs in the score.

L14: The lizards line up on the front line hoping for a blitz or other shenanigans. The elves run the short kickoff backward.

U15: Several lizards get around the ball carrier, but a skink falls over making the blitz.

L15: The ball is tossed back to midfield.

U16: The attempt for an amazing pickup, throw, and touchdown is crushed when the skink fails his first dodge.

L16: Some blocks.

Final Score: Light of Judgement 3 - 2 Unstoppable Immovables

Thoughts: About what I expected from this clash, except for how I got way, *way* more stuns and knocked outs than injuries. With the AG disadvantage, I really needed the bashiness to be more effective. Alas.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 9 - TT S1, W7
« Reply #1202 on: October 17, 2013, 09:43:22 am »

That's the last match for the TT, so it's advanced.

Matchups for Week 7:
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers vs i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors
ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables vs Charmander - Light of Judgement
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs Kanil - Players are Overrated

Annoyingly, a rematch... on the bright side, the TT seems on pace to finish at about the same time as the main league.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 10 - TT S1, W7
« Reply #1203 on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:41 am »

I've heard nothing about the status of ndkid vs ank. They both appear to be on the forums, so I've set the match to a draw and advanced the week.

Matchups for Week 10
ank - w00t w00t vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels

Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 23, 2013, 04:39:58 am »

Sorry, I've been busy, and neglected to contact Nkid, didn't hear anything from him either though.

EDIT: Busy means playing KSP

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 24, 2013, 10:58:25 pm »

Very close game with Jartol, only won due to slightly superior strength and a bit of luck near the end of the first half where I stunned his wight with dodge, block and sidestep with a single die block.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 24, 2013, 11:24:05 pm »

In the training league, Monk's Meanies get their first team W with a 2-0 victory over Kanil's Players are Overrated. I was very proud of how I played the first half, as I managed to punch in a 4 turn TD (could've stalled, wanted to protect a surrounded blitzer,) then managed to play defense against the wood elves to close out the half. The second half was a gift from Nuffle, as none of the KOs sustained by Kanil came around, including both Wardancers, giving me a... 4 man advantage? 5? Too much to overcome, even for wood elves (though he did get a good push down the sideline due to a poor setup by myself, I managed to get a path for my Strip Ball Blitzer, who straight up knocked the runner out.)

A bit of Fan Factor, lots of winnings, two leveled up Blitzers... and a mercenary caught MVP, but oh well, can't win'm all.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 25, 2013, 09:23:26 am »

ank/ndkid/anyone else: I can send you a PM each time I advance the week if you want -- I don't know if this'll help, but it might if you don't notice the thread.

monk12: I think my best chance at winning was really wasted when I misclicked and ended up with a 1d block on the ball carrier, rather than 2d. You didn't give me any other chances to stop you. I was at least able to foul enough to stop you from stalling, but you got the better of it a few turns later when you KO'd the wardancer. The second half was pretty lopsided, though, indeed.

ank/monk12: DST ends in Europe on Sunday, so keep that in mind when scheduling. Also applies to anyone playing trans-Atlantic games in the near future. DST ends in the US some time later, but I'll mention it as well.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:12 am »

ank/ndkid/anyone else: I can send you a PM each time I advance the week if you want -- I don't know if this'll help, but it might if you don't notice the thread.

I think this was an aberration for me... usually I'm more on top of things... it was just because the turn switch happened between two of my posts on that thread, so I didn't notice.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 26, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

@Kanil I check the thread regularly, so I didn't miss it, I was just being lazy. However, a post like at least half a day before you advance the week would be nice, to jolt us!

Monks Marauders vs w00t w00t

Tonkai didn't hold on to the ball very well this game, and I got it from him twice this game.

The score was 3-3 at my 16'th turn, but Edawg was KO'ed, so i had to settle for a draw.

This was a very good game, with equal bullshit moves throughout the game!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 26, 2013, 04:23:22 pm »

The Human cage degraded pretty steadily over the course of the game as various Marauders made their way to the injury box. Notably, ball-seeker Galahad Slodar is MNG, and Manfred the Friendly, Kicker with low MA and a surprising number of CAS and Kills to his name was struck down by Beechbranch, may his bark become wormy. I suppose I'll have to feed the ball to a lineman to get a kicker in time for the playoffs. MVPs, don't fail me now!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 26, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »

That kill will grant Beechbranch a spot in the Hall of Fame!
Too bad for the kicker though...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 27, 2013, 07:12:31 am »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. Skitterskamps

Kanil picks up a wizard and manages to get both potions to work, granting +1 ST, +1 AG to a Skaven blitzer who was already ST 4. Whee! Kanil wins the coin toss and elects to kick. The orcs get an eigth reroll for the half.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Final Score: Skitterscamps 3 - 0 Morg's Meat Mashers

Thoughts: This one was pretty demoralizing from the point where my black orc with S5 was injured on turn 1. A skaven blitzer with ST5, AG4 makes my team frustratingly irrelevant in a manner completely different from, but similar to, everyone's least favorite wood elf. I wish the feedback gave you block counts, because I'd love to know the block-to-injury ratio for Kanil's 4 against mostly AV9 players against my 1 against mostly AV7 players, especially given how many more knockdowns I scored. :-)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:50:26 am by ndkid »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 27, 2013, 07:25:12 am »

We both broke armor slightly above what is expected for each team's respective armor values. The real difference is that of your 19 armor breaks, 15 of them were stuns. 3 more were KOs, and only 1 casualty. Compare my 10 armor breaks, 4 stuns, 2 KOs, 4 CAS.

Had you rolled more reasonably on the injury rolls, I would have had a lot less players to play with.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 27, 2013, 09:39:40 am »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. Light of Judgement

The lizards elect to kick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Final Score: Unstoppable Immovables 2 - 1

Thoughts: I never cease to be amazed by how elves can stay in games while severely outnumbered. Playing this back-to-back with my game against Kanil at least helped to even out some of the painful feelings after getting so few casaulties there...
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 149