Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261408 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 8 - TT S1, W6
« Reply #1185 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:07 pm »

And then I played Players are Overrated to a 1-1 draw, leaving me still hunting for that first win with the new team. On the plus side, the winnings were good and Adolf Blitzer leveled up again (though he didn't get anything exciting out of it,) and the only serious injury was a niggler to a rookie lineman (a Guard lineman caught -ST, but the Apoc saved him, so he's only MNG.) One of these days, I'll be arsed to look up how good DE coaches play, to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 10, 2013, 02:02:31 am »

I took took a look a the Hall of Fame, and it seems like Monk and me has it pretty sown up, occupying something like 90% of the lists.

I expect an epic finale between our teams!

In other news, Edawg has overtaken Thandrin with most TD's(he actually did that some time ago, but whateves...)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:27 am »

I expect an epic finale between our teams!

Hm, how about "lolno."?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 10, 2013, 12:38:34 pm »

I took took a look a the Hall of Fame, and it seems like Monk and me has it pretty sown up, occupying something like 90% of the lists.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some cleaning once week twelve rolls around. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 10, 2013, 01:38:47 pm »

I wish the Hall of Fame tracked all-time players; it's pretty easy to be tops in various categories when you're one of the two oldest teams in the league by a fair margin.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 10, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

I wish the Hall of Fame tracked all-time players; it's pretty easy to be tops in various categories when you're one of the two oldest teams in the league by a fair margin.

Not to mention that since I was sitting Kobb's Khorne this season, their numbers aren't going to show.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 10, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »

If you wanted a more correct hall of fame, BB manager would basically do that for you. Only real problem would be getting everyone to upload every match they've ever played (especially if some of you occasionally delete your replays) and making sure there aren't any duplicates. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to prepare a replay for uploading, and I personally have 75 matches. ndkid would have even more. That's a lot of work.

This is the current "hall of fame" for the some 34 matches already uploaded. It would include dead players, and teams currently not playing. It could also include TDs and stuff earned during TT matches, should a team advance from TT to the main tournament. If that's undesirable, we can have a separate TT HoF.

Clicky.
Edit: It's worth mentioning you can see beyond the top 3 with this link. /Edit

As for duplicates, Symbiode created the BBM group, so he can delete them... but he's not here anymore, so perhaps it'd be better to make a new group.

'course, if most of you don't want to go through the effort of uploading all your matches, then it's probably not worth it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:26:20 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 10, 2013, 05:17:54 pm »

Well that last game proved one thing. Pouring rain is just too stronk against the Khemri, xD

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 11, 2013, 08:15:52 pm »

The Lucky Scoundrels 0 - 3 Slaya's Scrabblers
Despite the score being as bad as my previous games, I already feel luckier with this team. Bonehead has returned to a manageable level, and I'm actually successfully knocking people over again! :D The one bad point was where I forgot to save my purchase of an apothecary prior to the match, which resulted in me being unable to save one of my ogres from a smashed hand (MNG). One of the ogres got MVP though, and I have high hopes for this team.

As for BB manager I vote for a new group. And I'd be willing to upload all of my games to the new group, and anybody else's games if they wanted to upload their replays to a download site. It would be nice to have a single contained hall of fame for all entries. And I'd vote to just bundle the training league games in with the normal ones, since they could hypothetically move to the real league.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 12, 2013, 12:15:06 am »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. The Other Kittens

The Kittens get 240k to work with, which gets them Igor and some Bloodweiser. The orcs win the coin toss and elect to kick off.

K1: The Kittens are without their beast of Nurgle, and put only three on the front line, leaving the warriors back. The short kick bounces into the hands of a S5 warrior. The team pulls left and starts forming a wall. A rotter knocks himself out dodging away from the front line.

M1: The orcs swarm around the wall, but the one attempted blitz is blocked by the warriors' foul appearance.

K2: Two orcs get knocked down.

M2: A beastman goes down (after rerolling double skulls, meaning the double-double down that comes with the next block isn't avoidable.

K3: Most of the orc team goes down.

M3: A warrior is knocked out.

K4: A warrior kills the AG4 thrower, but the apoc takes care of it.

M4: Some pushes.

K5: A knockdown.

M5: A couple of knockdowns.

K6: A handoff-throw-touchdown combo.

M6: The perfect defense cuts down on the offensive capability of the orc's front line. One side of the orc line swarms downfield. The short kick makes a passer fall over trying to get to it.

K7: A beastman picks up the ball and gets the necessary four-corner-wall around him.

M7: Two passers get beside the ball carrier.

K8: The two passers are knocked down.

M8: In a moment for the history books, the Nervy thrower knocks over the ball carrier, and the AG4 thrower picks up the ball in a TZ, dodges forward into another TZ, throws a long bomb, and connects with his receiver in the end zone for the last-second score.

Halftime Score: The Other Kittens 1 - 1 Morg's Meat Mashers

M9: A quick snap surges the orcs over the line to start the half. A rotter and a warrior get stunned, and most of the rest of the Kittens go down. The goblin and the scorer run deep.

K9: The goblin is knocked over.

M10: Most of the Kittens get knocked over again. The nervy passer runs the ball to midfield.

K10: The thrower without the ball gets knocked over.

M11: A rotter gets injured. The nervy thrower makes the pass to the goblin, who runs in the score.

K11: An orc gets injured, and a black orc gets his eye gouged. The beastman with the ball fumbles the pass.

M12: Two orcs end up beside the ball.

K12: One of the two orcs beside the ball gets knocked out. The AG5 Rotter picks up the ball and moves it forward. A rotter on the edge falls over making a block.

M13: Two orcs knock down the Rotter with the ball, leaving the ball in the hands of the Nervy passer, with two orcs blocking for him.

K13: A beastman falls over trying to get to the ball carrier.

M14: An orc injures a beastman. The ball carrier continues downfield.

K14: Another beastman fails a dodge.

M15: A beastman gets knocked out. The thrower with the ball runs in the score.

K15: A rock is thrown at the Kittens. Some orcs get knocked down. A rotter fails a block.

M16: Some blocks.

K16:

Final Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 3 - 1 The Other Kittens

Thoughts: I never should've made that score to end the half, but boy, was it a rush to do so. Without the BoN, it was hard for i2amroy to control the line of scrimmage the way he normally does. I sometimes forget how tricky Nurgle stench makes the passing game... so hard to get outside the range of the stink!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 12, 2013, 12:23:43 am »

Question about the playoffs, but are we still going with an 8 person play-off even though there are only 8 players? Because if we are cutting it down to 4 then I'm going to have a tough time trying to get in this season, being a good 6 points behind the fourth place (and two wins). :-\

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 12, 2013, 01:09:00 am »

Yes, just the top 4. If monk loses, you'll only be 3 points out. If monk wins, you'll be 5 points behind me, and will have a chance to get 3 of those back next week.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 12, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »

On the topic of playoffs, what does the training league playoff picture look like? Same as the normal league or just a one game playoff?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 12, 2013, 09:17:29 pm »

Top 4 there, as well. Sending 4 out of 6 does seem excessive, but a single championship game feels so utterly underwhelming.

6-10 players results in a 4 team playoff, 12+ will result in 8 teams. I doubt we'll ever have the players to make a 16 team playoff necessary, but it could be considered around 24+ players.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 9 - TT S1, W6
« Reply #1199 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

I haven't heard from either A Spoony Bard or monk12 on the status of their game, so I've set it to a 1-1 draw and advanced the week.

Matchups for Week 9:
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ank - w00t w00t vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 149